Collapse
No announcement yet.

Juan Francisco Estrada & Amnat Ruenroeng >>> Roman Gonzalez @ Flyweight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plenty of fighters don't have the resume at a higher weight because they haven't been campainging at that weight for as long as the other fighters that reside there

Which means you take the fighters resume at lower weights and use the eye test to see how good he is

Fact remains roman Gonzalez would be favoured over anyone at flyweight

I would favour roman over anyone at super fly too, inoue included

Comment

Roman is a mini ggg

Comment

Originally posted by Bobby Shmurda View Post
        lol its easy to point out ioka beat yaegashi in a close fight but then u leave out gonzalez beat estrada in a not so close fight. u cant piggy back off of ruenroeng,
        I compared Roman's resume to Amnat since they are closer to debate. Estrada's on the other hand... not so much.

Gonzalez beat Estrada at 108, I am specifically talking about their accomplishments at 112.

Here, Estrada's resume then...

Juan Carlos Sanchez Jr., Brian Viloria, Milan Melindo, Giovani Segura and you can throw in a journeyman in there if you want.. Richie Mepranum.

Tell me, how exactly does Roman's resume beat that at 112?

Comment

Romans year at fly last year is overrated I agree. Beat guys who were clearly overmatched.

But looking at his fight vs yaegeshi guy is a beast

Comment

Brian Viloria, Milan Melindo, Richie Mepranum, and Giovani Segura > Juan Kantun, Akira Yaegashi, and Rocky Fuentes.

Rocky Fuentes, Kazuto Ioka, McWilliams Arroyo, and Zou Shiming > Juan Kantun, Akira Yaegashi, and Rocky Funetes.

The great Valentin Leon, Juan Purisma, Oscar Blanquet, and Ronald Barrera don't count for Gonzalez because those fights were all contested above the Flyweight limit.

There's absolutely no valid argument that Roman Gonzalez's resume at 112 is better than Juan Francisco Estrada's or Amnat Ruenrueng's.

Oh wait, Gonzalez is Nicaraguan and Estrada is Mexican, so that automatically makes Gonzalez's resume at Flyweight better than Estrada's.

Comment

Originally posted by jas View Post
              Plenty of fighters don't have the resume at a higher weight because they haven't been campainging at that weight for as long as the other fighters that reside there

Which means you take the fighters resume at lower weights and use the eye test to see how good he is

Fact remains roman Gonzalez would be favoured over anyone at flyweight

I would favour roman over anyone at super fly too, inoue included

I think Roman's limit is 115 and I think he'd struggle against any champion there with the exception of Kono.

Zolani Tete just devastated Butler in of the most complete performances I have seen in recent times. He executed everything perfectly and standing at 5'9 with an extremely solid skillset and power, I don't think the 5'3 Roman would have an easy night.

Carlos Cuadras is a boxer puncher with strong power in both hands and can really mix it up and counter effectively. If the fight get's too close for his own good he'll utilize his legs and evade straight on collision while pumping his jab and straight punches from a safe distance. He has a chin as well, as demonstrated against Sor Rungvisai himself.

Naoya Inoue, well.. nothing needs to be said about that young man, he has proven himself already at only 8 fights.

Roman would have to go through hell and back to get any of the belts held by those 3 champions, at least.. in my personal opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by jas View Post
                Romans year at fly last year is overrated I agree. Beat guys who were clearly overmatched.

But looking at his fight vs yaegeshi guy is a beast
                You must be on the Pedro Guevara bandwagon too, right? You know since he surgically dismantled Akira Yaegashi fairly easier than Roman Gonzalez did, regardless of what the bias scorecards at the time of the stoppage were.

Comment

Originally posted by 187 Proof View Post
                  You must be on the Pedro Guevara bandwagon too, right? You know since he surgically dismantled Akira Yaegashi fairly easier than Roman Gonzalez did, regardless of what the bias scorecards at the time of the stoppage were.
                  Beautiful hook to the body as well. Poor Akira.. he had no clue what hit him until he was gasping for air on the canvas.

I swear you could hear tears drop at the time the contest was called off
                  Last edited by Aztekkas; 03-17-2015, 04:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Aztekkas View Post
                    I think Roman's limit is 115 and I think he'd struggle against any champion there with the exception of Kono.

Zolani Tete just devastated Butler in of the most complete performances I have seen in recent times. He executed everything perfectly and standing at 5'9 with an extremely solid skillset and power, I don't think the 5'3 Roman would have an easy night.

Carlos Cuadras is a boxer puncher with strong power in both hands and can really mix it up and counter effectively. If the fight get's too close for his own good he'll utilize his legs and evade straight on collision while pumping his jab and straight punches from a safe distance. He has a chin as well, as demonstrated against Sor Rungvisai himself.

Naoya Inoue, well.. nothing needs to be said about that young man, he has proven himself already at only 8 fights.

Roman would have to go through hell and back to get any of the belts held by those 3 champions, at least.. in my personal opinion.
                    I don't think Gonzalez wants these problems:

Valentin Leon suffices.

Comment

sure if thats what we are doing, at fly weight, gonzalez doesnt have the better resume. but when u are the real champ and u have a win over the #2 guy, i think u have more than enough to be considered the best in the division. but its cool. gonzalez will fight all these guys when their time comes. and he'll beat em. and that will be that.

Comment

Working...
                      X