Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: WBC Prez Crossing Fingers That Canelo-Golovkin II Gets Done

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
    You think it works like that, huh?
    Lol. Guess GGG is a fish. Lol

Comment

Sulaiman can see the reality

As tricky a fight with Billy Joe Saunders might end up being, Alvarez takes that fight and wins, the days of the WBC even attempting to lean on Alvarez are over.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxinghero1 View Post
        I don't know if You were kidding or not but NO he didn't fight all his mandatories.
        He would have been stripped by now if that were true. Almost all fighters don't fight their manditories voluntarily unless it's a big money fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxinghero1 View Post
          I don't know if You were kidding or not but NO he didn't fight all his mandatories.
          Huh? Which mandatories didn't he fight? The only one he hasn't fought yet is Derevyanchenko, and the circumstances behind that are unusual to say the least, with the IBF jumping in on a short notice cancellation while the WBC still consider Golovkin obligated to them.

It's taken a long time to complete his mandatory rotation, sure, but that's hardly Golovkin's fault... he would have fought Jacobs in Dec 16 if that had been possible and Canelo only fights twice a year, so....

He should have fought (or at least attempted to make) Derevyanchenko in May IMO, but even in that case the IBF never actually ordered the mando until they also agreed for the exception to fight Vanes.

Comment

This is a lame story. It lacks "news!" It is a rehash of last week's lame story. Same tired quotes and same tired posts. It is time to move on folks! GGG does not "deserve" another paycheck fighting Canelo, at 50/50 split, a 65/35 split or any other split. And Canelo does not need to fight GGG to establish a legacy. Both should move on and fight some of the young lions in the division.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
              I don't think GGG is destined to lose to Charlo & Derevyanchenko. I think they are for real doe & I certainly don't hate their chances vs GGG. Both are still relatively unproven. GGG has a wealth of experience to draw upon now & that could be the difference vs either of these guys.

That said you aren't wrong this isn't REALLY a hard decision business-wise. You get B side money for a huge fight that most people feel you won so could end up winning legit this time or could be a third big money fight after this fight. OR you go fight two young hungry killas trying to make a name for themselves who might be overrated or might be the next GGG themselves AND you aren't getting paid like they are the next GGG if they do happen to be exactly that.

So wtf Tommy & Gennady. Quit being f#ckheads & take the money & go for the historical moment vs the face of boxing in this current era. Get your stoopid egos out of it.
              Or he can get b-side money, and his full purse for the canceled canelo fight.

This negotiation is all about golden boy making the financial rewards of a rematch outweight the financial rewards of suing them for lost earnings as a result of canelo's failed tests.

There is also the fact that most people thing GGG won the first fight, and now with Canelo testing positive, people are less interested in seeing the rematch.

I know I have no interest in seeing it. Canelo didn't solve any riddles as the fight went on, GGG only found his timing.

Usually with fights like that, where one fighters figured out another one, the guy that did the figuring out has a very easy time in the second outing.

Also, I think Canelo already reached peoples bull**** threshold in the lead up to the first fight when he won the title from Cotto, then said he would fight GGG next, then vacated the title instead.

Nobody wants to see him get another shot at GGG after testing positive for PEDs at this point.

People do like seeing GGG get knockouts though, and seeing him in tough, and the division is really heating up right now, and GGG doesn't have the time to cater to Canelo.

So why fight Canelo when you can fight other people, make money, and sue Canelo and get paid for the rematch that never happened at the same time?

Comment

Originally posted by !! Shawn View Post
                Or he can get b-side money, and his full purse for the canceled canelo fight.

This negotiation is all about golden boy making the financial rewards of a rematch outweight the financial rewards of suing them for lost earnings as a result of canelo's failed tests.

There is also the fact that most people thing GGG won the first fight, and now with Canelo testing positive, people are less interested in seeing the rematch.
                If GGG wasn't as old as he is I'd say he has more room to work with, but being a older still takes away more of this edge people talk about GGG having. GGG is burning daylight on his own best compitiive days. So the longer GGG waits to bring this to a he oen way or another

I think people will huddle up + buyiticket toda day its released

I know I have no interest in seeing it. Canelo didn't solve any riddles as the fight went on, GGG only found his timing.

Usually with fights like that, where one fighters figured out another one, the guy that did the figuring out has a very easy time in the second outing.

Also, I think Canelo already reached peoples bull**** threshold in the lead up to the first fight when he won the title from Cotto, then said he would fight GGG next, then vacated the title instead.

Nobody wants to see him get another shot at GGG after testing positive for PEDs at this point.

People do like seeing GGG get knockouts though, and seeing him in tough, and the division is really heating up right now, and GGG doesn't have the time to cater to Canelo.

So why fight Canelo when you can fight other people, make money, and sue Canelo and get paid for the rematch
                Is that the Tommy/Gennady plan? To sue GBP? Good luk withtht. I doubt that goes anywhere, but good luck to them.
                Last edited by Eff Pandas; 06-04-2018, 06:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                  If GGG wasn't as old as he is I'd say he has more room to work with, but being a older still takes away more of this edge people talk about GGG having. GGG is burning daylight on his own best compitiive days. So the longer GGG waits to bring this to a he oen way or another

I think people will huddle up + buyiticket toda day its released

Is that the Tommy/Gennady plan? To sue GBP? Good luk withtht. I doubt that goes anywhere, but good luck to them.
                  Wow! You responded to all that??? I was going to but their was just way too much emotion and very lil facts.... I did get a good laugh at his timing/riddles quote. You responded perfect and Ward/Kov II backs it up

Comment

Originally posted by chubuk7 View Post
                    Plus I still agree with the draw despite the card making it a draw being f#cking nuts. The fight was evenly contested in my book & a draw was within the margin of error as I saw the fight. For full disclosure I think I had it a draw or 1 point one guys way, but lotsa close rounds in this fight.
                    I think Canelo really has no options for big money other than Golovkin. We have seen already Oscar has been lying about contacting other fighters. Oscar isn’t gonna put Canelo in with a real threat with little return and that’s why spike will be fighting Canelo unless they do the 50/50. The biggest issue is who is Alvarez going to fight? Saunders ,maybe for a title. He might not win. Who else? ODH has steered Alvarez from the best fighters at 154 for years. Is he going to fight Andrade, Jermall C, Jacobs? I doubt it. So there are only C rated fighters like Spike or welters like Peterson or Mattysee. They aren't PPV worthy. Red and ODH needs GGG, as much as he needs them, for maximum profits. Remember even though Alvarez has the big ego and ODH acts like he is the Champion, he is obviously not. Yes, GGG position has changed and he can make demands considering Canelo has no where to go.[/QUOTE]

You mean this is what you WISH will happen.

If you look at their resumes only you would think Canelo was 37 and GGG 27. Or at least they were backwards.

Comment

Wbc - stay the **** out of it.

Comment

Working...
                      X