Collapse
No announcement yet.

whats the greatest war film ever made?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i understand theres an original B&W version of this film, but this 2010 remake of 13 assassins is every bit as brilliant, violent and most importantly fun to watch as the ones previously mentioned in this thread...

its an adrenaline rush machine boys and girls...

Comment

• so saving private ryan is sugar coated?

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by HughJass View Post
          whats your guys opinion?which has the best scenes for combat and great effects?also which has the best story line and which actor portrays their character best?
          The Long and the Short and the Tall
          The Incredible Mr Limpet
          Hair

Comment

• 1. Saving private ryan
            2. Black hawk down

Main thing in war movies is action.
            DAm i love the non stop action in spr

I remember being high as hell watching black hawk down at the theatre and it was really intense. I was blown away..

Comment

• Saving pvt Ryan, full metal jacket, platoon, all quiet on the western front, and that Jude law moviebwhere Jude was a sniper.

Comment

• Originally posted by ßringer View Post
                'Saving Private Ryan' is the best war film ever created.

On every level.
                ... exactly.............................

... and The Hurt Locker (directed by Kathryn Bigelow) will be remembered by the film history as the best war movie directed by a woman...
                Last edited by MDPopescu; 05-18-2018, 03:56 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zaroku View Post
                  Saving pvt Ryan, full metal jacket, platoon, all quiet on the western front, and that Jude law moviebwhere Jude was a sniper.
                  Enemy At The Gates

Originally posted by SouthPawHitman View Post
                  I watched Apocalypse Now without reading what the movie is about. While being on the boat was cool, their quest to kill or capture Marlon Brando;s character who was one of their own kinda put me off. Apocalypse Now is not high on my favorite war movies list.

Platoon is great. I've watched Thin Red Line too but forgot what's it all about. Not my favorite too I guest.

My favorites are Saving Private Ryan and Full Metal Jacket.

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
                  ... exactly.............................

... and The Hurt Locker (directed by Kathryn Bigelow) will be remembered by the film history as the best war movie directed by a woman...
                  Yet to watch Hurt Locker. Hopefully i'm able to catch it before i die.

Comment

• Where Eagles Dare surely. Opening credits and theme are stellar.

Comment

• Catch 22....

Comment

Working...
                      X