Philadelphia Jack O'Brien ''All Of My Fights Were Fixed''

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Philadelphia Jack O'Brien ''All Of My Fights Were Fixed''

http://www.cyberboxingzone.com/boxin...jackobrien.htm

It is well known that O'Brien was involved in some ‘questionable’ bouts (i.e. Kid McCoy, Fitz (first fight) and some others). And when he was pressed for his explanation of the charges he fed more fuel to the fire by stating that 'ALL' of his matches in his career had been fixes
    Whats your take on this. Could it be true? Why would he say it?

Does it take away from his greatness?

Originally posted by ~Legendary~ View Post
    http://www.cyberboxingzone.com/boxin...jackobrien.htm

Whats your take on this. Could it be true? Why would he say it?

Does it take away from his greatness?
    No one ever believed that. And it's definitely not true. He said it cuz he's a character. The man, who fought the best Black fighters his whole career, also claimed he'd draw the color line after he won the LHW title. He said it because that's what the people wanted him to say. Instead of following through however he just vacated the worthless POS and continued to fight the best Black fighters. The man was a true legend.

Comment

Originally posted by Obama View Post
      No one ever believed that. And it's definitely not true. He said it cuz he's a character. The man, who fought the best Black fighters his whole career, also claimed he'd draw the color line after he won the LHW title. He said it because that's what the people wanted him to say. Instead of following through however he just vacated the worthless POS and continued to fight the best Black fighters. The man was a true legend.
      Why say it do? Very silly comment!

Comment

Originally posted by ~Legendary~ View Post
        Why say it do? Very silly comment!
        He was a silly guy.

Comment

Working...
        X