Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mayweather vs. Margarito. Bound to happen in 2009.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BatTheMan View Post
    That's BS. People said the same about Leonard fighting Hagler. Stranger comebacks than the one I sketched out has definetely occurred.
    Leonard negotiated a 10 round fight...it doesnt get much stranger then that...unless floyd tried to negotiate an 8 rounder.

Comment

Originally posted by ElGranLuchador View Post
      bat floyd is a different kind of animal he has skills like jones jr or leonard but his mindset is totally different
      he will never fight margarito he just doesnt have the courage
      For this thread it doesn't really matter what sort of courage Mayweather has or has not. The purpose of this thread was not some tricky Mayweather-bashing but to hear ppl's opinions regarding this match-up.

Elgran: Maybe you and others disagree on wheter Mayweather comes back or not but I'd still like to know your opinions on the outcome of this fight.

Comment

My opinion on the fight is that Mayweather boxes him to a 12 round decision winning at least 10 rounds. Mayweather is the worst type of matchup for Margarito because Floyd will take what he can get and easily box his way to a decision he will not get cute or ballsy and try to kill Margarito. A little better then Floyd-Baldomir but that is the type of fight i see.

Mayweather does like to mess around on the ropes a bit but he is a very good inside defensive fighter but if Floyd sits around to much and does not throw enough back he could possibly get out worked but that is a much less likely outcome.

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
          My opinion on the fight is that Mayweather boxes him to a 12 round decision winning at least 10 rounds. Mayweather is the worst type of matchup for Margarito because Floyd will take what he can get and easily box his way to a decision he will not get cute or ballsy and try to kill Margarito. A little better then Floyd-Baldomir but that is the type of fight i see.

Mayweather does like to mess around on the ropes a bit but he is a very good inside defensive fighter but if Floyd sits around to much and does not throw enough back he could possibly get out worked but that is a much less likely outcome.
          Good post. I like the Baldomir comparison. The major difference however is in the power department. There's always the possibility of Margarito wearing Floyd down IMO.

Comment

Good post. I like the Baldomir comparison. The major difference however is in the power department. There's always the possibility of Margarito wearing Floyd down IMO.
            Power and output. Tata doesn't even throw a quarter of the punches Tony does nor does he stalk as well either. Other than both being able to take a great shot, there is no comparison. One comes at you like a tank and the other just puts his head forward.

Margarito KOs Floyd too. People say Floyd has great, tremendous conditioning, but it takes as much conditioning to throw as much as Tony does making that attribute pretty much even. Just like in the Cotto fight, Mayweather will be faster, a better boxer with better abilities, but nowhere to really hide.

Antonio Margarito isn't an aged DLH. Hes bigger, stronger, and much more relentless.

Mayweather has never faced anyone as big or as strong as The Tijuana Tornado.

Comment

Floyd wouldnt gas but he will be forced to use more energy than usual. This may help Margie in the late rds but I doubt it due to the little known attributes I THINK PBF possesses HEART and PRIDE. The way Cotto was slipping in the early rds is what PBF would do for all 12. Its a huge size mismatch though so that must be considered. But on the other hand he is only half an inch taller than Oscar so that point is null! I like Floyd via UD in "EASY WORK"! Foot Movement will be 2 much for Margie.

Comment

I bet that Floyd Mayweather today is itching. He is itching to come back to the fame, honour and glory. And itching to prove his critics wrong.

I'm certain that this in-prime Mayweather will be back in the ring no later than the spring of 2009 setting up an early summer fight with Antonio Margarito.

This fight is an interesting and intriguing match-up for sure.

Who do you think will come out on top?
                under those circumstances i go with margaritos pressure and size KOing
                floyd!
                you think floyds punches would slow down marg?

Comment

I will bet all my points, my sig, my avi, and I won't change my username to anyone who wants to bet Marg would beat Floyd if the fight is made.

Comment

Originally posted by SkillspayBills View Post
                    I will bet all my points, my sig, my avi, and I won't change my username to anyone who wants to bet Marg would beat Floyd if the fight is made.

Lets be reasonable.
                    Your first bet should be if the fight is made.

Comment

Originally posted by Pelon Psyclone View Post

Lets be reasonable.
                      Your first bet should be if the fight is made.
                      When you learn to read you can then start responding to my posts.

Comment

Working...
                      X