Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I Feel Sorry For The Younger Generation...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1502 View Post
    I hear you, it comes with age. I do it all the time and my nephew (who is 32) tells me the same thing.

There is a lot of really good stuff out there though, like you said though it's just a shame they don't get the recognition they deserve.

Some of the stuff out right now on the radio is just so bad it's amazing to me how people can even like it.
    Gucchi mane is the worst mc i think i have ever heard,seriously Keisha rip off salt n pepa rap is 10 times better.Lately i have been listening to old gems,Company Flow fun crusher plus ,Kool Keith Dr Octogon,**** like that is timeless to me.

Comment

Originally posted by MARKBNLV View Post
      Dude the game is dead as **** right now,people who think it is not did not grow up in the 90s era of hiphop,its funny cause i remember listening to ditc,gravediggaz,kool keith etc and thinking how can they get better then this,i guess the answer all along was they could not.The true death for hiphop came over ten years ago,when Rock and Roll and Jazz Funk artists etc started suing for people sampling, before that it was a free for all just imagine all the Bootsy,James Brown,Parliment **** that was sampled,now if you want those samples you have to pay bank.
      Hip Hop is NOT dead, it's just right back where it was, underground.

When Hip Hop started in the 70's in the Bronxs NYC, it was made by young black and Latino MC's and DJ's and the mainstream didn't know anything about it. White people in the suburbs didn't know what rap was, they had no clue.

Years later, groups like RUN DMC and Kurtis Blow made the mainstream. They were carry overs of the respected Hip Hop scene even though they were very commercialized. There were a lot of groups like that, what you see nowadays is people that have no talent, no connection to the Hip Hop culture and are doing what they are doing for one purpose and one purpose only..........to make money.

The REAL MC's and DJ's are underground, still making great music just not benefiting from the mainstream but that's a good thing. Because Hip Hop was made for us by us, and the real art form has come back home, with us.

Let these fools have this s.hit and let them eat it up. As for me, I will stick to listening to Mos Def, Talib Qwali, The Roots, Dilated Peoples, People Under The Stairs, Cannibal Ox and the many other great MC's out there that most have never heard of.
      The thing about it fellas is the market is saturated right now. Anybody and they mama can make a cd nowadays. But you have to remember Hip Hop(real Hip Hop) is about what is relatable to you, not just how they construct their bars. As a southerner, most people are shocked when I quote some Biggie word for word, or tell them that Jay-Z aint been **** since Reasonable Doubt. Or talk about Black Moon, or tell them I remember Nas on Main Source's Live at the BBQ, before the Zebrahead soundtrack, or Ras Kass, or some good old Jayo Felony, Souls of Mischief, or how underrated Del the Funky ****sapien was. The point I'm tryin to make is good music is good music no matter where its from, and as long as we keep that in mind and display it the youth are gonna have no choice but to follow us.

Comment

I hear you, it comes with age. I do it all the time and my nephew (who is 32) tells me the same thing.

There is a lot of really good stuff out there though, like you said though it's just a shame they don't get the recognition they deserve.

Some of the stuff out right now on the radio is just so bad it's amazing to me how people can even like it.
        Thats why I dont even listen to the radio anymore. I couldn't tell you what the latest craze is right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Chief2ndzOnly! View Post
          Thats why I dont even listen to the radio anymore. I couldn't tell you what the latest craze is right now.
          It is pure **** music,no money in cds no money in music we the consumer have destroyed the market.

Comment

Originally posted by MARKBNLV View Post
            It is pure **** music,no money in cds no money in music we the consumer have destroyed the market.
            Thrue indeed Mark. I mean but we the consumer are only part of the blame the artists and record companies make up the other 66.6666 of the blame. If you steadly decrease the the substance that you put out, people are going to conform to a certain extent. It's just human nature. But if we subject our youth to the finer times of the arts, then they will indeed ask for the same for their generation. Case in point, I had a 14 year old ask me have I seen the new Deon's(The Deon Sanders' that Nike made back when I was in high school), my response to her was "What?!?!?!? Those shoes were out and gone before you where thought of." Her reply was "There HOT everybody's trying to get a pair". Needless to say I was dumbfounded, but it goes to show you that they pay close attention to us, more than we think. And they will follow suite faster than we think too.

Comment

3 million views since yesterday!!!!!! Are you serious?!?!?!

Comment

Working...
              X