Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Fury: Take All My Belts, Can't Take My Achievements!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by saint laurent
    You're unable to successfully attack my arguments, so you attempt to attack me personally instead.

As unpopular as my arguments may be, they are logically sound and well thought out. So it may frustrate you and cause you to lash out, but if my arguments were flawed, you wouldn't have to resort to such cheap tactics.

As I've pointed out in other threads, my intellectual credentials are extensive, so taking cheap shots at my level of intelligence is a waste of time. Will gladly agree to have each of us put up $10,000, take an IQ test, winner take all. If you truly believe I am a "mong," you should be VERY eager to accept this offer. Lmk if you can have your money in escrow in 24 hours. Thanks.
    Your opinions arent even worth considering. The belts are just trinkets, anyone with a genius IQ like you do should be able to see that Fury is the HW champion with or without them. Until he loses, retires, or stops fighting top competition. Simple as that really. Noone will recognise Wilder, Glazcov, Martin etc as anything other than paper title holders unless they beat Fury.

Just LOL at the second half

Comment

Tom cruise is correct only the winner of tyson fury v klitschko will be largely regarded by the rational true boxing fans as the real champion.

Wilder can't claim the wbc in the same way vitali did, because that belt solidified a klitchscko dominance without the brothers having to fight, which was never going to happen. Soon as vitali dropped that belt, it was as irreverent as the ibf now has become.

Comment

Denium -

The fighters, promoters and TV networks choose to allow the sport to revolve around the WBA, WBC, IBF and WBO titles. A few internet nerds choose to track the mythical lineal title. It's admirable, but largely irrelevant.

Whoever the promoters and TV networks say is the man is who will be the man in the eyes of most fans.
        That might have been the case back in the day, but most sports fans (including boxing fans) are on the internet nowadays, they log onto facebook, they read online sports pages.

It's impossible to avoid, Fury has been all over the news, and each time he's on, he's introduced as "the heavyweight champion". He will continue to be introduced as "the heavyweight champion" until he loses/retires.

Comment

Originally posted by maddad2001 View Post
          Tom cruise is correct only the winner of tyson fury v klitschko will be largely regarded by the rational true boxing fans as the real champion.

Wilder can't claim the wbc in the same way vitali did, because that belt solidified a klitchscko dominance without the brothers having to fight, which was never going to happen. Soon as vitali dropped that belt, it was as irreverent as the ibf now has become.
          Its more than that imo. Casuals all knew who Klitschko was, they knew he was the HW champion. Fury beat him. It was big news. Casuals arent sitting there pondering whether Wilder or Fury is the HW champion, they all know. When Glazcov beats some randomer for the IBF belt casuals wont be crowning Glazcov as the HW Champ.

St Laurent is the only one confused by the situation.

Comment

As I've pointed out in other threads, my intellectual credentials are extensive, so taking cheap shots at my level of intelligence is a waste of time. Will gladly agree to have each of us put up $10,000, take an IQ test, winner take all. If you truly believe I am a "mong," you should be VERY eager to accept this offer. Lmk if you can have your money in escrow in 24 hours. Thanks.

Calm down bro.

Comment

So Tyson Fury is the "Reality heavyweight champion?"

Why? Because you say so?

How can someone be the champion of the entire "heavyweight division" when the world's best heavyweights fight for four different organizations and none of those organizations agree on who the world champion is?
              The hell? You're trolling right?

Comment

I understand he wants to speak his mind but in some ways he sounds stupid. He should continue to climb his way to the top and make change from within the boxing industry.

Comment

Tom -

Fury is the consensus #1 heavyweight with or without the belts and you are free to consider him the mythical champion without them, but you can't have your cake and eat it too. Fury got his title shot by climbing the rankings and reaching the mandatory position. If we didn't have organizations to fight for, he wouldn't be any kind of champion right now, lineal or otherwise.

You laugh off my offer, but if you were confident that I'm a "mong," you should be doing backflips right now and very eager to wager. Yet, you aren't. Which means one of two things, either you don't actually believe what you say, or, you're a broke loser. Which is it?
                  It doesnt matter how he got his shot at the HW champ, he got it and he took it. Now Fury is the HW champ. Casuals know hes the Champ, hardcore fans know he is the champ. The only one questioning it is you.

Only way the situation changes is if he retires, is beaten or stops fighting top competition long enough for someone to start questioning his claim (like the Stevenson/Kovalev situation).

Please stop with the wager stuff. You are embarrassing yourself

Comment

Tom -

It does matter how he got his shot because if belts and mandatories are irrelevant and should be disregarded, he wouldn't be the champion of anything. The problem is that you don't know what words mean and allow yourself to get caught up in empty rhetoric. Fury is the WBO world champion, Fury is the WBA super champion, Fury is the IBO champion, Fury is the Ring Magazine champion and Fury is also the MYTHICAL "lineal" champion. Everyone is free to decide for themselves how much, if anything, any of these distinctions mean.

But if he threw all of his belts in the garbage tomorrow, you and I would recognize him as the #1 fighter, and many of us would consider him the MYTHICAL "lineal" champion, but he wouldn't actually be an official champion of anything.

I'm very familiar with the concept of a lineal champion and I personally value the concept, but by its very nature, it is an imaginary title.

You can say I am embarrassing myself, but personally I find it embarrassing for you that somebody has called your bluff and now you're squirming. Again, if you truly believed what you wrote, you would be bending over backwards right now chomping at the bit to prove I am a "mong."

But the reality is, compared to me, it's you that is actually the "mong" and deep down you know it. I've been placing these wagers for years and have won far more than I've lost and have the cash to show for it. So believe me, some random idiot on a message board is not going to scare me off. Stop hiding behind a screen. Put up or shut up. Prove yourself.

What's the hold up? Are you broke? Are you stupid? Are you both? You're the one that made this about intelligence. You never know who may be on the other side of the screen. I can back up ever single thing I've said. Can you?

Both of us are posting under famous names, the only difference is that I'm not using somebody else's name . . .
                    Everyone is free to decide which titles and belts we recognise, you are right.

In this specific case, with Wlad being dominant for so long and being clearly and unquestionably The HW Champ, Fury could literally drop all the Sanctioning org belts in the bin and still be considered the HW champion by everyone. It really is that simple.

The belts are only as significant as the fighter holding them. At middleweight the lineal title has been completely devalued because the best fighter in the division cant get a shot. Same at LHW. That is not the same at HW. Unless Fury stops fighting top comp, or he avoids a clear no.1 challenger he will continue to be the champ in everyones eyes no matter who holds these other paper titles (which is what they will be if they arent being held by Fury).. Seeings as he is rematching the dominant 10 year champ next fight we will have to wait a while for that to be the case.

Good luck in your career betting random guys on internet forums. I think his convo has come to an impasse

you ****ing mong

Comment

Working...
                    X