No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Postol Implies Broner Unlikely Due To Network Conflict

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HAY-B View Post
    When they announced him and Lucas they said the fight was being promoted by tr and gb. We know Lucas is with GBP so tr must now be postol's promoter. I'm assuming this based on how they announced the fight and his statements in this article.
    On another note: people criticize haymon and pbc and say haymon is the one preventing fights etc ..but to me it looks like it's hbo tr and GBP. Haymon is working with just about every network that matters And every promoter but hbo won't work with him and tr and GBP are suing him. Also it looks like every top tr and GBP fighter is exclusive to hbo with no wiggle room or option. But Haymon is the problem? I think Haymon would put his fighters on hbo to make a big fight if hbo would allow it . but hey what do I know I'm just your avg Joe dedicated fan of the sport and that's big business.
    I remember Postol fought on the danny garcia nbc undercard

Comment

Originally posted by Najuk View Post
      its not about HBO, its about TR. Postol is TR fighter and Tr has good relationship with HBO for decades.All TR fighters are on HBO.If Arum would let his world champ fight on Showtime this could damage their relationship with HBO for the future.And Arum doesnt want it.

This has nothing to do with Arum's relationship with HBO. Arum has taken his fighters to Showtime and cursed HBO on his way out before.

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2011/05/07/sports/07boxing.html?referrer=&_r=0

Just this year he called Peter Nelson, president of HBO sports, not good for boxing and said HBO will not determine their matchmaking.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WThwwhrHCxc

Postol doesn't have an exclusive deal with HBO so there is really nothing stopping the fight from happening except Arum & HBO not allowing him to fight off network with threats. HBO is responsible for a lot of fights not happening but nobody ever criticizes them.

Comment

Originally posted by Vicious. View Post
        Broner would be a waste of time for Postol anyway
        yup. postol would completely embarass broner.

Comment

Broner would give Postol that work we won't get a chance see it

Comment

Postol would make Broner look like a bum.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
              Two junior welterweight world champions were crowned on Saturday night.

In an HBO televised main event, Viktor "Iceman" Postol (28-0, 12 KOs) captured the vacant WBC junior welterweight crown by knocking out heavily favored Lucas Matthysse (37-4, 34 KOs) in the tenth round at the StubHub Center in Carson, California.
              [Click Here To Read More]
              Damn, it appears that Postol is just an HBO fighter.

Shame, he could be relevant, if he was allowed to play with the big boys.

Comment

Originally posted by about.thousands View Post
                This has nothing to do with Arum's relationship with HBO. Arum has taken his fighters to Showtime and cursed HBO on his way out before.

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2011/05/07...referrer=&_r=0

Just this year he called Peter Nelson, president of HBO sports, not good for boxing and said HBO will not determine their matchmaking.

Postol doesn't have an exclusive deal with HBO so there is really nothing stopping the fight from happening except Arum & HBO not allowing him to fight off network with threats. HBO is responsible for a lot of fights not happening but nobody ever criticizes them.
                Fcuk them !

And not only fcuk them, fcuk the fighters as well.

If they want to be a big fish in a small pond, good for them.

I always prefer real fighters to manufactured fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by about.thousands View Post

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2011/05/07...referrer=&_r=0

You had me until you called Broner a threat to Postol.

Comment

The con that they're running these days is whenever you want to duck a particular fighter just use the " network conflict bs clause".

Comment

Originally posted by iniduoh View Post
                      The con that they're running these days is whenever you want to duck a particular fighter just use the " network conflict bs clause".
                      It absolutely is.

And it is being wholeheartedly endorsed by the fanboys.

That dont matter to me, because I am going to hold the fighters personally responsible.

Example..... Kovalev is ducking Stevenson.

And I will stick with that evaluation until the network roadblock bullshht has been removed by Team Kovalev.

Fighters who are contracted exclusively, become second rate by default.

#noexcuses

#manupb1tches

Comment

Working...
                      X