No announcement yet.

Proof Margarito was ducked by EVERYONE

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jordank View Post
    Margarito did hit a hell of a lot harder in cotto 1 then in cotto 2 you have to admit.
    People forget that Cotto brought photos of Margo's handwraps on his IPAD to the FACEOFF for the 2nd fight. The photo had shown all types of breakage and other discrepancies.. Margo was ducking and sounding like an idiot trying to defend those ugly wraps..

If anyone really thinks that the Mosley fight was the ONLY fight that he loaded his hands, they need to stop posting and follow another sport.

Comment

Why are people even still talking about him. This the same guy that caught red handed with loaded gloves. He didn't beat any top contender after the first Cotto fight. Matter of fact he went one and three in his last four fights.

Comment

Originally posted by boxing is alive View Post
        Prosecutors are extremely reluctant to file criminal charges when it comes to sports. Think about it: in the NHL with the Saints bounty scandal,
        In the NFL bounty scandal, none of the hits were deemed illegal by refs during games. The focus of the scandal was the bounty scheme and players lying about its existence.

in the MLB whenever a pitcher intentionally hits the batter (throwing at 90+ mph, especially at the head, is "assault with a deadly weapon"), NHL (they fight all the time, which is considered "assault"), NBA (flagrant 2 fouls could be stretched to be considered "assault") and the list goes on and on.
        A case involving intentional hits by pitchers was heard by the Supreme Court of California, which ruled that even intentional hits are an inherent risk of playing the game. http://online.ceb.com/calcases/C4/38C4t148.htm The same probably goes for fighting in the NHL (which actually has rules on in-game fights) and flagrant fouls in the NBA.

At the most basic level, boxers batter each other in the ring. But they're doing so willingly under the rules of sanctioning bodies and state laws. A better example to apply to Margarito is the case of Luis Resto and Panama Lewis, who were both charged criminally and successfully prosecuted. The difference there is that Resto actually used loaded wraps in the fight, while Margarito did not. But as stated previously, actual injury is not necessary for an assault conviction.

Besides, I think that the victim would have to file charges. In this case, I don't see Shane Mosley filing charges.
        The victim doesn't need to file charges for someone to be indicted; the state can file charges on it's own, although it is usually harder to prosecute without the victim's testimony. In Margarito's case, Mosley's testimony may not have been necessary in a criminal trial because of the evidence gathered by CSAC investigation.

Comment

Black racists and Cotto stans talking crap like always about Margarito. Hmmm I wonder why?

Burner used to have a Margarito AV. Dude even defended Margarito and he only pretends to hate him cause of his love for Floyd.

Margarito calls out Floyd TO HIS FACE....FLOYD...I'm not here to prove to the BOXING FANS who the best is.

Lightweight Marquez calls out Floyd. Floyd salivates cause it's not threat.

Comment

Willy, let me ask you a question. If I picked up a baseball bat in the heat of a confrontation, and someone took it from me before I could use it in any way, would that still be classed as assault with a deadly weapon?

You seem like a real hotshot on the legal front and I'd like to know if the analogy is the same. Margarito didn't actually "use" the illegal handwraps when caught. because not a single punch was thrown, no criminal act actually took place. If Margarito had been caught, say, after the fight with Cotto, I'm sure there would've been charges. So to summarise, Margarito had been caught in an attempt to cheat which means trouble within the boundaries of the sport, but not in a criminal sense. Any previous fights are purely left to speculation, but are without proof.

Does that make sense?

Comment

Except Cotto & Paul Williams did step up & fight him! Also, Mosley. : )

Comment

Originally posted by R-NEAL View Post
                You are aware that Arum was able to get this guy a license to fight again after Margo should have been banned from the sport. Next, he even got Margo licensed to fight Cotto in New York when a big hoopla was going on about Margo's eye being damaged. Truthfully, Margo definitely shouldnt have been fighting Cotto in that condition.. But good ole Bob got it done..

I will not put anything past a guy like Arum, who use to be a lawyer in his own right.. You would be foolish to do the same
                Arum is obviously capable of attempting bribes since he was penalized for it in the past. But how feasible is it in the handwrap case? He would've had to bribe Team Mosley, people in the CSAC, and maybe even people in the California Justice System. And if he had done so, the handwrap issue would probably have never come to light. But that's too much risk in terms of fines and jail time. And once it all came to light no amount of bribes can change the fact that it is criminal assault if Margarito's wraps were really loaded with actual "plaster bricks". Since Arum is/was a lawyer, he probably knew the "brick" accusation was overblown, which is why defended Margarito. If I'm not mistaken, Resto was also with Top Rank and Arum never defended him AFAIK.

Comment

Originally posted by Poloro87 View Post
                  Why are people even still talking about him. This the same guy that caught red handed with loaded gloves. He didn't beat any top contender after the first Cotto fight. Matter of fact he went one and three in his last four fights.
                  exactly!!! He cheated got caught! Scum

Comment

Basically, ALL I see is b.itching and moaning instead if refuting the FACTS presented to you. I expected nothing less tbh. Willybullet and Jack Napier deserve medals for their contribution to this thread, too. Great job, gentlemen.

Comment

Originally posted by Marvellous1 View Post
                      Willy, let me ask you a question. If I picked up a baseball bat in the heat of a confrontation, and someone took it from me before I could use it in any way, would that still be classed as assault with a deadly weapon?

You seem like a real hotshot on the legal front and I'd like to know if the analogy is the same. Margarito didn't actually "use" the illegal handwraps when caught. because not a single punch was thrown, no criminal act actually took place. If Margarito had been caught, say, after the fight with Cotto, I'm sure there would've been charges. So to summarise, Margarito had been caught in an attempt to cheat which means trouble within the boundaries of the sport, but not in a criminal sense. Any previous fights are purely left to speculation, but are without proof.

Does that make sense?
                      Back to this quote, which is actually paraphrasing of the CA Penal Code from a legal website; "A California Penal Code 240 assault may be filed when an attempt to injure another is made. No physical contact is actually necessary to be convicted of assault.

A California assault can take place even though no battery occurs. However, a battery necessarily includes an assault. This is because it is impossible to commit a battery (a willful act) without first attempting to do so.

An assault is often called an 'attempted battery', while battery is often called a 'completed assault'."

And here's the actual statute;

"240. An assault is an unlawful attempt, coupled with a present
                      ability, to commit a violent injury on the person of another."
                      Last edited by Doc Holliday; 01-19-2013, 01:59 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X