Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any of you using Windows 8 Yet?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There is no point upgrading to windows 8 unless you have a touchscreen. If you're just using a standard desktop pc stick with windows 7, trust me.

WIndows 8 is cool and all for a tablet and maybe a phone but for regular day to day use on a desktop it's ******ed.

Comment

Originally posted by !! Shawn View Post
      Im honestly surprised every time I hear of someone buying a PC. They are so rare these days.
      what do you mean? The vast majority of workplaces use PC's.

Comment

It's the same ****

Live tiles are basically useless so I just keep it in desktop mode

Comment

Originally posted by Even Money View Post
          It's the same ****

Live tiles are basically useless so I just keep it in desktop mode
          so what's the point in upgrading? it's just more of a hassle to do simple things. Swipe with your mouse on the top right of screen downward to reveal the Charms bar! oh that's wonderful. Who needs a start button when you can press the Windows key on your keyobard which takes you to your tiles . From there you can find all your apps! Pffft.

I also personally just don't like the look of windows 8 at all really.

Comment

Originally posted by iBreakbeat View Post
            Limitations?????

Only Macs can legally run Mac OS X, Windows and Linux which would actually give them the biggest choice of software of any computer.

I don't see the limitations.
            Why the hell would someone buy a Mac to run Windows? You'd be getting far inferior components than a PC of equivalent price.

Comment

Originally posted by THE ИATAS View Post
              There is no point upgrading to windows 8 unless you have a touchscreen. If you're just using a standard desktop pc stick with windows 7, trust me.

WIndows 8 is cool and all for a tablet and maybe a phone but for regular day to day use on a desktop it's ******ed.
              This^^, and i always wait unti they iron out driver and other software compatbility before upgrading. i read win 8 isn't much better than 7, if at all on a dektop. Like ИATAS said, it's mostly for phones, laptop, tablet.

You upgrade to 8 now on a desktop and i bet you have a lot of problems. Let it mature if you "need' to ugrade to the latest "thing". Win 7 is great.

Comment

Working...
              X