Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's so ''successful'' about Al Haymon? What's the standard? Stealing fighters?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I dont care what haymon did etc etc,

what I find funny is the two who helped haymon backstabbed Oscar (richard scheffer and Stehphen espinoza) both have been backstabbed by haymon lmfao. SHowtime is dead, and Ringstars is Dudstars.

Comment

Originally posted by .!WAR CANELO!. View Post

what I find funny is the two who helped haymon backstabbed Oscar (richard scheffer and Stehphen espinoza) both have been backstabbed by haymon lmfao. SHowtime is dead, and Ringstars is Dudstars.
      Im just asking a serious question about why many PBC fans on this site (whom like to bring up DAZN as a shortcoming) say ''you just hate Haymon because he's successful. Who says, ''you just hate Arum because he's been successful..'' I mean is there a need for it?

Look at the multi billionaire Blavatnik. He didn't start with concerts, he's also a big mogul. Blavatnik didn't train Canelo nor did Haymon train Mayweather. Blavatnik cutting the check for DAZN fighters. Do we say, ''you just hate Blavatnik because he's successful..''

So given how Haymon stole fighters from others, is that successful?

More importantly, PBC had do emergency cooperations and rushing to stay a float. That's what's happening now. Is that successful? You get shills say all over the LDBC YouTube platform including Dontaes Boxing Nation or Boxing Ego with their 400K following say, ''DAZN's head can't fund his own 500mil...'' etc..

What's the difference with Haymon? So what's so successful about Haymon other than GBP, Matchroom or Top Rank can still wear suits too?

Comment

nobody backstabbed Oscar man...Oscar came in out of nowhere and wanted control even though schaeffer had been running the business....and not just running it...but running it very successfully...golden boy was thriving..

Oscar couldn't understand how beneficial the arrangement was they had with haymon.....Oscar could only think in old guard terms and the old way....where you have to have long term deals with guys......the way haymon does business works.....Oscar couldn't understand or comprehend it

if Oscar left all well enough alone his company would probably still be working with haymon......he wasn't backstabbed....he came in out of nowhere, after letting schaeffer run it, and wanted to make wholesale changes because he felt like it....

if haymons way of doing it, his model, didn't work then youd have seen all of his guys jump at big money when DAZN was throwing it around....and if al wouldn't let them they would have cried...but you don't hear als guys whining about nothing

Comment

you don't hear wilder, tank, charlos, spence, pac, danny, porter, Thurman etc any of them whining about losing money or leaving it on the table....even if al forbade any of them to go over to DAZN for big money youd hear them voicing how upset they are and that they left money on the table.....or they were being held "hostage"....

YOU DONT HEAR ANY OF THAT from ANY OF THEM.....

Comment

Originally posted by Curt Henning View Post
            nobody backstabbed Oscar man...Oscar came in out of nowhere and wanted control even though schaeffer had been running the business....and not just running it...but running it very successfully...golden boy was thriving..

Oscar couldn't understand how beneficial the arrangement was they had with haymon.....Oscar could only think in old guard terms and the old way....where you have to have long term deals with guys......the way haymon does business works.....Oscar couldn't understand or comprehend it

if Oscar left all well enough alone his company would probably still be working with haymon......he wasn't backstabbed....he came in out of nowhere, after letting schaeffer run it, and wanted to make wholesale changes because he felt like it....

if haymons way of doing it, his model, didn't work then youd have seen all of his guys jump at big money when DAZN was throwing it around....and if al wouldn't let them they would have cried...but you don't hear als guys whining about nothing
            Gave Oscar $15 million dollars for fighters who had never made a profit for Golden Boy (except Khan/Garcia)

I wish someone would backstab he

Comment

think about all the TV networks haymond has been on, burned bridges on all of them,,,

boxing never to be seen again,!

hbo
              bounce
              abc
              nbc
              cbs
              spike

soon to be showtime .

soon the pbc will be owned by the parent compnay of the ufc and the hayomites will be stuck definding dana white's hatred of boxing

Comment

Except they're not dead; with 10 premium FOX dates and maybe 2-3 FOX PPV events for 2020, everything else top level will end up on Showtime.

JRock heading to Philly, JRock vs Harrison-Charlo 2 winner, Plant-Angulo (possibly in Nashville), Benevidez-Yidrim (maybe in Arizona), Plant-Benevidez, the likely Pacquiao-Mikey Garcia fight, Spence-Danny (assuming Spence doesn't get a touch fight first), return fights for Shawn Porter, Keith Thurman, Gary Russell Jr, the likely Charlo vs Korobov-Eubank Jr winner, Davis-Santa Cruz, possibly Davis-Farmer, Wilder's next fight, etc.

All matchups that could be made/put on bit June 2020, as main events of their own shows or co-features on a PPV.

The depth will be made far more clear as 2020 gets rolled out.

And Richard Schaefer still has one of the nicest prospect rosters in the sport (Joe Joyce, Balderas brothers, Efe Ajagba, Lindolfo Delgado, Money Powell, Stanois, Misael Rodriguez, real friendly with Mikey Garcia, etc).

Another two years, and we'll see if he failed or not

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
                  Gave Oscar $15 million dollars for fighters who had never made a profit for Golden Boy (except Khan/Garcia)

I wish someone would backstab he
                  I know that's right

I'd backstab you if I had that kind of money

Comment

Working...
                  X