Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo: Andrade Hasn't Fought Anybody, He's Very Boring

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just remember most of these clowns took GGG by TKO and had Canelo folding like a stack of cards once he saw the BOOGEYMAN in person

Comment

• Originally posted by Verus View Post
      The whole point of Sports is to see who’s the best." WRONG! There is no whole point, but the main point from the point of view of the fighters, their teams, promoters, trainers and like is to make money! From the point of view of the average fan, the main point is to be entertained.
      Seriously What a Retar.ded statement.

Yeah the Suits & Fighters want the most $ , Guess how you get the most $ by proving your the best not by proving your the most entertaining. Athletes get financially rewarded for being the best in their sport

You should be entertained by the competition of what team or person is the best . If that doesn’t do it for you go watch Rocky or some other sh.it

If it just a popularity /marketable Contest then why not just after the regular season why have playoffs just have the 2 most Popular / Marketable teams in the finals or have Boxing rankings based on popularity

I get it we live in a society that needs to be constantly entertained with big theatrics all the time and have a 5 min attention Span

But if you only watch sports for the KOs/HRs / Goals / Slam Dunks and that’s the only way to entertain you go on YouTube and watch a compilation video or some sh.it because the whole point of sports is about winning and being the best

Comment

• Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
        Duck a MW running machine with ZERO power to fight a LHW CHAMP with ONLY 5 fights going the distance and actually killed a man in the ring????

Man these casual fans don’t even try acting like they belong???

I’ll drop $1k against anyone on this site Kovalov lasts 12???

I know you clowns think Canelo just has to slap Kovalov. Vodka belly and down he goes! Same clowns who felt once Canelo got in the ring with GGG he would crumble in fear
        You forgot the part where the oddsmakers don’t give him much of a chance he’s 36-37 past prime on his last legs , admitted to thinking about retirement , Lost 3 of his last 7 & 2 of those he got beat down in and also the weakest strap holder in the division and at this Point his name brings more cache then the threat he presents

Those are the reasons Canelo picked Kov

And the Reason he didn’t pick The MW with zero power is because he’l has a style that can give Canelo Problems , Is Prime , Undefeated and most believe stand a better chance at handing Canelo a L then Kov

But hey good job selling the fight

Comment

• Originally posted by R_Walken View Post
          You forgot the part where the oddsmakers don’t give him much of a chance he’s 36-37 past prime on his last legs , admitted to thinking about retirement , Lost 3 of his last 7 & 2 of those he got beat down in and also the weakest strap holder in the division and at this Point his name brings more cache then the threat he presents

And the Reason he didn’t pick The MW with zero power is because he’l has a style that can give Canelo Problems , Is Prime , Undefeated and most believe stand a better chance at handing Canelo a L then Kov

Good job saying who you got??? Hey give me 10:1 odds and I'll take Kovalov

But WE all know damn well you wont do that bet... That easy $$$$ right?? Canelo just has to tap that body and Kov. FOLDS!

10:1 is FOR sure $$$??? Right???
          Last edited by Shadoww702; 10-11-2019, 02:22 PM.

Comment

Yup! These fake idiots just talk, talk, talk... I took Kov. and the COWARD STFU
            Last edited by Shadoww702; 10-11-2019, 02:23 PM.

Comment

Seriously What a Retar.ded statement.

Yeah the Suits & Fighters want the most $ , Guess how you get the most $ by proving your the best not by proving your the most entertaining. Athletes get financially rewarded for being the best in their sport

You should be entertained by the competition of what team or person is the best . If that doesn’t do it for you go watch Rocky or some other sh.it

If it just a popularity /marketable Contest then why not just after the regular season why have playoffs just have the 2 most Popular / Marketable teams in the finals or have Boxing rankings based on popularity

I get it we live in a society that needs to be constantly entertained with big theatrics all the time and have a 5 min attention Span

But if you only watch sports for the KOs/HRs / Goals / Slam Dunks and that’s the only way to entertain you go on YouTube and watch a compilation video or some sh.it because the whole point of sports is about winning and being the best
              Look, I sympathize with your apparent frustration. I too am more interested in the sport than in fandom, but what should be the case and what is the case is not the same thing. While I have been wrong too many times to recall, this is not one of those times. You are making a couple of assertions and comparisons that are off the mark. for example, your assertion that athletes get financially rewarded for being the best in the sport is demonstrably not true. Take basketball, for example, the highest-paid player is seldom the best player, same goes for baseball and football.

I should also point out that comparing boxing to league sports such as the NBA is like comparing the proverbial apples and oranges. Those leagues are highly centralized and structured with traditional union/management relationships. They are in a sense duopolies -- a demand monopoly vs a supply monopoly. Boxers are independent contractors. The economic similarities between the two are nonexistent. In common parlance, boxing is more like "every man for himself." Boxers that create a more lucrative market get more money. Just look at the Youtube "boxing" phenoms that are set to make themselves instant millionaires by staging a so-called boxing match. KSI and Logan Paul are worse than rank amateurs at best, but they will make a hellll of a lot more money than most of the very best professional boxers.

Anyway, I agree with you that the best should be better rewarded, but that is not reality in boxing or in any other market. For example, the best writers do not make more money than those who write bestsellers, the best actors make less money than the most popular actors and so on. And finally, I will say that asserting that THE WHOLE point is this or that lessens the impact of what you are trying to prove because there are very few instances when anything is the whole point. There are always several important aspects or points -- particularly in sports. Just look at your last assertion about the whole point of sports is about winning and being the best -- Not so for everybody. I am retired and have recovered from quadruple bypass surgery. I run a few miles every morning and work out at the gym -- not to win or to be the best, but to enjoy a better, if not a longer life. Peace!

Comment

• Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
                Yup! These fake idiots just talk, talk, talk... I took Kov. and the COWARD STFU
                Slow down shadow , That tough guy talk doesn’t impress anyone

The fact you need 10-1 odds makes it clear this fight isn’t as dangerous as you make it out to be and everything I wrote is true , **** I might take Kov at those odds what you say ,

You know I don’t type sh.it just to talk , Me & You have bet before & I Lost you got paid with in 24hrs

Funny you forget that when you want to act tough

I might be down to bet on either fighter but it sure won’t be 10-1

Comment

• Originally posted by Verus View Post
                  Look, I sympathize with your apparent frustration. I too am more interested in the sport than in fandom, but what should be the case and what is the case is not the same thing. While I have been wrong too many times to recall, this is not one of those times. You are making a couple of assertions and comparisons that are off the mark. for example, your assertion that athletes get financially rewarded for being the best in the sport is demonstrably not true. Take basketball, for example, the highest-paid player is seldom the best player, same goes for baseball and football.

I should also point out that comparing boxing to league sports such as the NBA is like comparing the proverbial apples and oranges. Those leagues are highly centralized and structured with traditional union/management relationships. They are in a sense duopolies -- a demand monopoly vs a supply monopoly. Boxers are independent contractors. The economic similarities between the two are nonexistent. In common parlance, boxing is more like "every man for himself." Boxers that create a more lucrative market get more money. Just look at the Youtube "boxing" phenoms that are set to make themselves instant millionaires by staging a so-called boxing match. KSI and Logan Paul are worse than rank amateurs at best, but they will make a hellll of a lot more money than most of the very best professional boxers.

Anyway, I agree with you that the best should be better rewarded, but that is not reality in boxing or in any other market. For example, the best writers do not make more money than those who write bestsellers, the best actors make less money than the most popular actors and so on. And finally, I will say that asserting that THE WHOLE point is this or that lessens the impact of what you are trying to prove because there are very few instances when anything is the whole point. There are always several important aspects or points -- particularly in sports. Just look at your last assertion about the whole point of sports is about winning and being the best -- Not so for everybody. I am retired and have recovered from quadruple bypass surgery. I run a few miles every morning and work out at the gym -- not to win or to be the best, but to enjoy a better, if not a longer life. Peace!

Just wanted to say Great Response Man , Agree with almost everything you wrote

I misinterpreted your original post and thought you were implying Sports is only
                  About Entertainment

And sports is more about Having a Harlem Globetrotters vs Washington Generals model Where competition means nothing compared to Pure Entertainment

Comment

• Andrade is high risk fight for all middleweights. I don`t like this guy`s style, but he is awkward and difficult fight for everybody.

Comment

Working...
                    X