Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should it be mandatory for fighters to wear their trunks at bellybutton level?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should it be mandatory for fighters to wear their trunks at bellybutton level?

It would make things a whole lot easier. How many fights have you seen where the ref says "trunks are a little high...here is ok"...pointing to some arbitrary spot on the belt line. How many times have you seen commentators talk about whether a shot was low or not cuz of the height of the trunks. Not only does it give an unfair advantage to the guy who pulls his big ass cup to his armpits...but it makes the refs job harder to judge low blows. Has anyone seen a ref make a fighter lower their trunks? I feel like i have, but can't remember anything specific.

Originally posted by considerthis View Post
    It would make things a whole lot easier. How many fights have you seen where the ref says "trunks are a little high...here is ok"...pointing to some arbitrary spot on the belt line. How many times have you seen commentators talk about whether a shot was low or not cuz of the height of the trunks. Not only does it give an unfair advantage to the guy who pulls his big ass cup to his armpits...but it makes the refs job harder to judge low blows. Has anyone seen a ref make a fighter lower their trunks? I feel like i have, but can't remember anything specific.
    bellybutton level?

Comment

Originally posted by Donnie Herrera View Post
      bellybutton level?

Yes...meaning not higher than

Comment

Yes...meaning not higher than
        I think that's a little to high man...the waistline is perfect for boxing trunks...I'd feel like I'd need suspenders if it was any higher.

Comment

I think that's a little to high man...the waistline is perfect for boxing trunks...I'd feel like I'd need suspenders if it was any higher.
          I tend to agree...but almost no fighters wear their trunks that low.

Comment

I tend to agree...but almost no fighters wear their trunks that low.
            I think the trunks should be below belly button at waist line...maybe some guys are too fat for the ref to tell if he's getting hit with a low blow or not...lol...idk.

Comment

I think the trunks should be below belly button at waist line...maybe some guys are too fat for the ref to tell if he's getting hit with a low blow or not...lol...idk.
              The bellybutton should at least be visible. It's ridiculous how high some of these protective cups are worn.

Comment

They should modify the cup protectors! i am sure somebody can design a cup protector where its just around your genital area! ...

I think this would improve certain aspects of boxing more! and bring the importance of body punching back into the game! these modern day cup protectors also protect the body, due to the share size of them! (And especially when fighters position them half way up their chest etc)...
                Last edited by PRINCEKOOL; 02-10-2017, 09:46 PM.

Comment

I would sag mine. I got too much swag to keep those trunks at the bellybutton level.

Comment

Bellybutton level may be a bit low but there should be some kind of standard. I know what you mean about the ref's instructions. I often don't understand them so I'm sure the fighters don't either. One thing that should be stopped is boxers wearing giant foul protectors that come up almost to their ****. These protectors make it hard to hurt a guy with legal body punches. De La Hoya's foul protector was like a suit of armor.

Comment

Working...
                    X