Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The more fights the better.

Comment

Jennings-Perez will be very good.

I hope there's an interesting co-feature.

Comment

http://espn.go.com/blog/dan-rafael/p...-fill-hbo-date

Duva should try to put Curtis Stevens on there.... revisit N'Dam... but I think he's fighting in April

Comment

HBO is in a very tough spot. I don't think any if those fights are headliners. Besides their 2 ppvs what other marquee matchups do they have up coming?

Comment

It is something at least and it is on kind of short notice even though those fights were kind of floating around.

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
              HBO is in a very tough spot. I don't think any if those fights are headliners. Besides their 2 ppvs what other marquee matchups do they have up coming?
              Marquez-Alvarado is a good match up.

It's too bad Top Rank didn't want to do Garcia-Gamboa. That would've been a solid fight

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
                It is something at least and it is on kind of short notice even though those fights were kind of floating around.
                Well, they've kind of been around. Williams/Nelson was almost donefor the 26th, so i think they've been training already. Perez/Jennings, I think they were in talks since Early March, Late Feb.

At the very least, I think they've been at least keeping in shape

Comment

Originally posted by Hougigo View Post
                  Well, they've kind of been around. Williams/Nelson was almost donefor the 26th, so i think they've been training already. Perez/Jennings, I think they were in talks since Early March, Late Feb.

At the very least, I think they've been at least keeping in shape
                  One would hope they are staying in shape, the only one that is a proven flake is Kirkland and I would certainly question him being on task during downtime.

I think those are decent fights, but to me what HBO should do is put on 3 or 4 fights if none are going to be really main event quality, but like I said this is kind of short notice so them pulling anything of decent quality together would be a solid effort.

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
                    One would hope they are staying in shape, the only one that is a proven flake is Kirkland and I would certainly question him being on task during downtime.

I think those are decent fights, but to me what HBO should do is put on 3 or 4 fights if none are going to be really main event quality, but like I said this is kind of short notice so them pulling anything of decent quality together would be a solid effort.
                    They need to do something, HBO is non existent in April aside from the PPV.

Just saw this

http://ring tv.craveonline.com/news/329657-curtis-stevens-2#.UzokeW7_p70.twitter

Could be building a Kirkland/Stevens fight.

Duva could score big if she could get Stevens on there....that'd be like 3 different promoters on one card...hell 4 or more.

I hope they're cool as long as their fighters get paid though and got air time

K2
                    Maine Events
                    Lou Diabella
                    Gary Shaw
                    SMS

Comment

Maybe this is why the show is getting so long to get maid

Steve Kim ***8207;@stevemaxboxing 2m

according to @Gabriel_Montoya, James Kirkland's camp is having second thoughts on the Willie Nelson match-up... #boxing

Come on man

Comment

Working...
                      X