No announcement yet.

Russia and troops to Ukraine!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ukraine's spy dolphins switch allegiance to Russia
    Ukrainian Army dolphins, which have been trained to plant bombs and kill frogmen, will be transferred to Russia

This is really true...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...to-Russia.html

Comment

• Vladimir Putin ‘wants to regain Finland’ for Russia, adviser says

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...s-9224273.html

After annexing Crimea and with troops massed on the border of Ukraine, Vladimir Putin will not stop trying to expand Russia until he has “conquered” Belarus, the Baltic states and Finland, one of his closest former advisers has said.

According to Andrej Illarionov, the President’s chief economic adviser from 2000 to 2005, Mr Putin seeks to create “historical justice” with a return to the days of the last Tsar, Nicholas II, and the Soviet Union under Stalin.

Comment

• Originally posted by Banderivets View Post
        This sets a bad precedent for everyone else.

Can you imagine everyone all across the world suddenly decides they want to "democratically" vote to become part of some place else?

For example, following WWII thousands of Russian's occupied Baltic states, with huge minorities today in those states. That territory was never culturally, linguistically or ethnically Russian, the only way it has been linked to Russia is through direct occupation 60 years ago. While the history of the land's so called "first peoples" spans hundreds of years.

But I mean, if they have a sizable minority, they could vote and say we want to be part of Russia...How do you treat that?

The Chinese of Vancouver suddenly decide they want to be part of China, what should Canada do? This is obviously a stretch, but it raises a point.

You can't pick and choose in these cases.

I understand your good intentions in letting the people decide, but it just doesn't work like that. There are rules to this game, and they are there for a reason.
        Bump.............

If you scroll back through this thread you'll see my views on the issue.
        Last edited by Weebler I; 07-18-2014, 02:09 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post

depending on how motivated ukranian soldiers are..... you never know.

russian military is not great either. they sell most of the best weapons they make and their soldiers are unmotivated conscripts.

a million unsupported chechens gave them some headaches. 45 mill ukrainians, if forced to defend themselves, could be a nightmare.
          The prophetic words of Tua
          -MEGA- -MEGA- likes this.

Comment

• Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post

depending on how motivated ukranian soldiers are..... you never know.

russian military is not great either. they sell most of the best weapons they make and their soldiers are unmotivated conscripts.

a million unsupported chechens gave them some headaches. 45 mill ukrainians, if forced to defend themselves, could be a nightmare.
            Originally posted by JimRaynor View Post

The prophetic words of Tua
            I second that!
            JimRaynor JimRaynor -MEGA- -MEGA- like this.

Comment

Working...
            X