No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Bradley: Time To Take a Page From The Hopkins' Manual

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by King- View Post
    Is there anyway to watch the full undercard for this event? Does top rank usually show them on their website?

Very interested in seeing Egidijus Kavaliauskas in his first pro fight.....I remember him from the Olympics last summer, the little Lithuanian guy who fights like Tyson! didn't even know he turned pro, he's got a style tailor made for the pros And is going to be a fan-friendly fighter.

Edit: Wow his opponent is coming off 3 years of inactivity but is undefeated, 17-0. Victor Fonseca
    Yeah, you may be able to catch the stream (legal) on their site for the under card action.

Comment

Originally posted by Rome-By-Ko View Post
      Sure tell that to Mannys busted mouth...Bradley does not get credit from many on anything he has done in boxing..IMO it's sad...
      I agree. Just look at the guys that he has been in the ring against and beaten: Holt, Peterson, Alexander, Witter, Abregu (after moving up in weight), Casamayor (albeit faded), Campbell (if that fight had gone the distance, Time would have dominated him), Pac (controversial decision yet Pac was an 8-1 favorite and supposed to KO Tim easily).

Peterson is very good and people talk about him giving Tim a hard fight as if the first fight didn't count or something. Tim adjusted and dominated him in the first bout. Alexander hasn't lost since the Bradley fight (a close decision win against Matthysse sure) and is looking better in every fight. Abregu was supposed to be some "bum with a decent record" but yet again, we find a guy that remains undefeated besides his sole loss to Bradley. Abregu just wiped the floor with Dolurme who was supposed to be one of the next superstars of boxing.

Tomorrow he is fighting a guy with only one semi-controversial decision loss out of 30 fights and is on a 5 fight winning streak coming into this bout. Even though he is moving up in weight, he is actually bigger than Bradley is. If Tim stops this guy and looks good doing it, how much longer can people discredit the guy? It doesn't matter because I'll keep defending him regardless but the dude isn't going anywhere he belongs in the top 5 p4p in the world but we all know that is just a popularity contest anyways.

Comment

Sure tell that to Mannys busted mouth...Bradley does not get credit from many on anything he has done in boxing..IMO it's sad...
        I don't have to "ask Manny" anything. I know what I saw as most did and that was a Bradley who couldn't adjust and didn't do much even with his "new power" you where claiming he had at 147. And yes it does suck that he rarely gets any recognition from all the work he puts in. He better be more active if he wants the big paydays.

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
          I agree. Just look at the guys that he has been in the ring against and beaten: Holt, Peterson, Alexander, Witter, Abregu (after moving up in weight), Casamayor (albeit faded), Campbell (if that fight had gone the distance, Time would have dominated him), Pac (controversial decision yet Pac was an 8-1 favorite and supposed to KO Tim easily).

Peterson is very good and people talk about him giving Tim a hard fight as if the first fight didn't count or something. Tim adjusted and dominated him in the first bout. Alexander hasn't lost since the Bradley fight (a close decision win against Matthysse sure) and is looking better in every fight. Abregu was supposed to be some "bum with a decent record" but yet again, we find a guy that remains undefeated besides his sole loss to Bradley. Abregu just wiped the floor with Dolurme who was supposed to be one of the next superstars of boxing.

Tomorrow he is fighting a guy with only one semi-controversial decision loss out of 30 fights and is on a 5 fight winning streak coming into this bout. Even though he is moving up in weight, he is actually bigger than Bradley is. If Tim stops this guy and looks good doing it, how much longer can people discredit the guy? It doesn't matter because I'll keep defending him regardless but the dude isn't going anywhere he belongs in the top 5 p4p in the world but we all know that is just a popularity contest anyways.
          Broner number 3 in the world p4p lmao..

Comment

Originally posted by -Pull ma Finga- View Post
            I don't have to "ask Manny" anything. I know what I saw as most did and that was a Bradley who couldn't adjust and didn't do much even with his "new power" you where claiming he had at 147. And yes it does suck that he rarely gets any recognition from all the work he puts in. He better be more active if he wants the big paydays.
            I was claiming Bradley had new found power?? When was this??

Bradley had no power yet Manny did not rush in on him like he did Cotto..Interesting, and if you have eyes then I'm sure you noticed that PAC was the only fighter damage by punches..He was busted up in the mouth and bleeding..You say PAC was tired of swinging on Bradley, instead of giving Bradley any credit for body shots(that was the real reason PAC slowed down) you say Bradley could not adjust, yet PAC was the only one looking confused about how to attack..

Dude I'm a big PAC fan, I've defend him on a lot of things..I could see an argument for PAC winning..I scored it for Bradley tho..IMO it was a close fight,but like I said most just don't wanna give Bradley any credit, but he deserves a lot for his fight with PAC IMO..

Comment

Broner number 3 in the world p4p lmao..
              DeMarco was a beast, that must be the reason.

Comment

Bradley has to rearrange this guys face and put him on the canvas. Bradley stopped Casamayor but it was a sloppy fight & Joel fought like he just was there for a paycheck. Provodnikov will be there to win the fight and has a style that makes for must see tv if Bradley decides to go in the trenches and engage. Bradley is an elite fighter and though Ruslan is very good, he has never fought anyone close to being capable of doing what he will see saturday night. Easy work for Bradley and if he wins impressively, hopefully he actually gets the Marquez fight. I think he could prove his worth in that contest.

Comment

so does that mean

He's not. Going for the ko and gonna stink up the joint? Hope provo khtfo!

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post

you don't have to pretend alexander won that fight just to make bradley look better.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                      you don't have to pretend alexander won that fight just to make bradley look better.
                      if anyone was clearly stiffed in St. Louis, it was Kotelnik. the Alexander-Mythysse (< no typo) fight was a much closer thing.

Comment

Working...
                      X