Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Guerrero: It’s Going to be a Dogfight with Mayweather

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just don't see how Guerrero can win this fight. In the berto fight even tho he was giving it to berto he was also taking a lot of shots from berto, both them dudes face was swollen up at the end and Floyd aint no berto.

Comment

Theirs no such thing as a dogfight with Floyd... The reff, GBP, and NSAC don't allow it..lol.. I expect the reff to separate Guerrero every time he comes in the inside

Comment

Originally posted by RVABoxer View Post
        I thought he has some voice in who gets chose I thought both sides have to come to an agreement
        Floyd does has say on who referees the fight.And i`m sure Floyd is gonna get a ref that`s not gonna allow Guerrero to foul without being penalized.

Then the Floyd haters are gonna blame the ref and say the ref did`nt let Guerrero fight his fight(which means cheating) just like a lot of Hatton fans said after the Floyd/Hatton fight.

Comment

Originally posted by RVABoxer View Post
          This is what I was expecting but Floyds gonna get a ref thats gonna keep those rough tactics to a minimum of course
          I dont think floyd chooses the refs

Comment

Floyd often out fought Cotto on the inside or when both were at close quarters against the ropes, especially with his uppercut. Same thing happened with Hatton. Yeah everyone wants to say they didn't allow Hatton to fight his fight, but he initiated the contact and clinches by rushing forward all the damn time, and than got ripped up on the inside several times.

Guerrero isn't going to get away with holding and hitting. And Berto's should roll.....isn't a real shoulder roll. Expect Guerrero to catch some elbows coming in if he's going to fight like this.

His best shot, if Floyd hasn't slipped since May, is to mix up pressuring Floyd and throwing tons of punches, with showing Floyd angles while keeping his work rate busy.

Comment

lol at anyone thinking the Ghost can hang with Floyd toe to toe, on the inside, or on the ropes. That would be an execution for Floyd. No way Ghost gets the best of that battle. Floyd is P4P probably the best inside fighter in the game but people act like Ghost can beat him that way? Its not happening. The only way you have a chance of outgunning Floyd like that is if you are way bigger & stronger, which the Ghost isnt

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
                Mayweather was ripping Cotto apart with his inside game. His uppercuts did some serious damage.

But Guerrero isn't going to get away with holding and hitting, and he shouldn't.
                Exactly. Those uppercuts almost finished the fight late in round 12, but Floyd let Cotto leave the fight intact! Mayweather has the perfect skill for Guerrero, and his shell style is perfected. Unlike Berto, who should have came out aggressive.

Comment

Originally posted by boxingfan4life View Post
                  Absolutely correct. Just more excuses from boxing fans, the most excuse making fan base of any sport.

NAC 467.214 Selection and approval of ring officials and announcer. (NRS 467.030)
                  1. The ring officials of contests or exhibitions are the referee, judges, timekeeper, physician and Commission’s representative. The Commission will select and approve all ring officials.
                  2. The promoter may select the announcer for a contest or exhibition, subject to the Commission’s approval.
                  [Athletic Comm’n, § 136, eff. 4-25-78]—(NAC A 12-13-82; 12-2-97)

Comment

Originally posted by boxingfan4life View Post
                    Someone says its the commision, someone else said its Floyd I'm thinking more its the commision that chooses the refs however that commision being the Nevada State Athletic Commision I think Floyd does have some sway in the choice of ref just because of how much money his fights bring to Las Vegas

Comment

The only way Guerrero wins rounds against Mayweather is to get inside and brawl. Mayweather will pick him apart on the inside and outside

Comment

Working...
                      X