Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Realistically could Manny setup a boxing promotions company?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DeadLikeMe View Post
    Pac is borderline mentally handicapped, he is much better suited to politics than anything requiring intelligence and business savvy.
    How is he borderline mentally handicapped again?

Comment

Originally posted by V.WEBB View Post
      Wow. The guy CLEARLY said those guys LOOK LIKE SMART GUYS and BOLDED IT, not talks or speaks. Come on Puga.

let me guess, floyd looks like a smart guy to you too?...lol

Comment

Originally posted by danceswithfire View Post
        let me guess, floyd looks like a smart guy to you too?...lol
        If you notice, the guy named MORE guys than Floyd, but since you're one of Floyd's biggest fans, you left the other guys out of the discussion.

Comment

Originally posted by V.WEBB View Post
          If you notice, the guy named MORE guys than Floyd, but since you're one of Floyd's biggest fans, you left the other guys out of the discussion.

thats becuase among the names he mentioned , the only guy i think that does'nt look smart is floyd....i cant say sergio and cotto are dumb, i have no reason to say that...

Comment

These fans of Floyd still don't get it. It's Floyd's ducking behaviour that's been giving you problems. Pac can disappear on the face of the earth and it won't change people's perception of Floyd.

Tell Floyd to fight, people, just fight without being a pu&&y. That's all.

Comment

..and also, i have no problme with people sayin pac looks dumb ( ****, every non english speaker looks dumb to others) but to say floyd looks smart?...pleaaaaasse louise

Comment

how nice of you..thank you altho i know financially i prolly will never be successful...

floyd is not smart , he's just rich becuase of his talent....
                Floyd is not smart when it comes to speaking. But when it comes to business, or making money, he is smart. It's not just talent that got Floyd to the top spot. Defensive fighters usually aren't attractions because people find them boring. But why is Floyd such an attraction? Because he made the right choices, says the right things, played the right character, had the right timing, and knew the right people.

I don't think Manny would be a good promoter. Judging from what I've seen between this whole Bob Arum and Manny relationship, it seems like he has no idea what's going on about corruption in this sport and doesn't realize what goes on behind the scenes. The fact that he is still with Arum after his last fight is still crazy to me. From a normal person's view, that just doesn't make sense to me. I just don't think Manny has been involved with the business side of boxing too much to be a promoter. At least as a fighter, he should know how much money he is entitled to, or how much he is worth. If he doesn't know how much he's worth I really doubt he's going to know how much the fighters under his promotions are going to be worth.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Sandman View Post
                  Floyd is not smart when it comes to speaking. But when it comes to business, or making money, he is smart. It's not just talent that got Floyd to the top spot. Defensive fighters usually aren't attractions because people find them boring. But why is Floyd such an attraction? Because he made the right choices, says the right things, played the right character, had the right timing, and knew the right people.

I don't think Manny would be a good promoter. Judging from what I've seen between this whole Bob Arum and Manny relationship, it seems like he has no idea what's going on about corruption in this sport and doesn't realize what goes on behind the scenes. The fact that he is still with Arum after his last fight is still crazy to me. From a normal person's view, that just doesn't make sense to me. I just don't think Manny has been involved with the business side of boxing too much to be a promoter. At least as a fighter, he should know how much money he is entitled to, or how much he is worth. If he doesn't know how much he's worth I really doubt he's going to know how much the fighters under his promotions are going to be worth.
                  lol, nah..floyd is not smart period...he has alot of smart people around him that give good advice..he's not the brain behind his success , he's just the talent...let's not make floyd out to be some sort of a harvard lawyer or some ****.... his words and actions spaek for itslef...

Comment

Here in the US, small time boxing events, yes. Big time, no. Unless he has wealthy investors and top fighters.

In Philippines, yes he can.

Comment

lol, nah..floyd is not smart period...he has alot of smart people around him that give good advice..he's not the brain behind his success , he's just the talent...let's not make floyd out to be some sort of a harvard lawyer or some ****.... his words and actions spaek for itslef...
                      Harvard lawyer? I didn't say he was smart academically. I'm just saying, business wise, he was smart. Yes, he has a lot of smart people around him. But that's what I'm talking about. He associates himself with these types of people. A lot of times, being a smart businessman means shaking hands with the Bob Arums, Richard Shaefers, and the Al Haymons. And now 50 cent. Timing was also a big part of his success. Bob Arum made Floyd into a star, but when Floyd was ready to leave, he left at the right time. Now he is the highest paid athlete in the world. Trust me, good thing about business is that you don't have to be a Harvard graduate or any college graduate for that matter to be good at it.

Comment

Working...
                      X