Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Horus Presents: WHY is Team Pacquiao making getting 50% a STICKING POINT!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by pistol whip View Post
    Horus are you really comparing the purses of a fighter who spent most of his career at Feather weight and junior LW to a fighter who is a career Junior welter weight/ Welterweight.

You do realize that historically Weltwerweights have made twice the money that featherweights have made per match throughout the entire history of boxing?

Why don't you compare both fighter purses when they were fighting in similar divisions like the Featherweight,Junior LW and LW divisions.

Bet you Pac did way better!
    1. If you look I compared these last 6 fights.

2. By your logic, why dont Pacquiao accept a lower weight class purse split,
    and stop making getting 50% a sticking point.

3. Mayweather has only had 41 fights in his career
    27 of those fights were at Super Featherweight(130)
    4 were at lightweight(135)
    3 were at Jr. Weterweight(140)
    6 were at Welterweight(147)
    1 was at Jr. Middleweight(154)

Meaning he spent most of his career at 130!

Comment

• Originally posted by megadeth View Post
      Movies star? Hahaha, ur funny. I was in the Philippines a few months ago and I don't recall seeing anyone clambering for his films. Watch one of his films(all the way through), I guarantee u wont see another. Geez, while your at it, why not just say he is a pop star too and give Pac 70%.

Yeah? Show us the proof he is a bigger draw internationally. I'll wait!
      Hell, in his own country, the fights are on for free, so what kinda draw is that??
      I love it when people just make stuff up!
      hate allyou want but it wont chane the facts . manny has mutilpe movies out , mayweather has none . manny is a congressman, mayweather is not . manny is a sex symbol mayweather is not. manny is the fighter of the decade mayweather is not . manny is the p4p king right now mayweather is not

since manny is all those things and more and mayweather is not , manny deserves the bigger piece of the pie

Comment

• Originally posted by treason1 View Post
        hate allyou want but it wont chane the facts . manny has mutilpe movies out , mayweather has none . manny is a congressman, mayweather is not . manny is a sex symbol mayweather is not. manny is the fighter of the decade mayweather is not . manny is the p4p king right now mayweather is not

since manny is all those things and more and mayweather is not , manny deserves the bigger piece of the pie
        AND YET.....

$Previous Guaranteed Purses and Previous Fight Revenue income generated.$

Floyd Mayweather Guaranteed Purses:
        Floyd Mayweather $ 22.5 Million vs. Mosley $7 Million
        Floyd Mayweather $10 Million vs. Juan Manuel Marquez JMM $4 Millio
        Floyd Mayweather $11 Million vs. Ricky Hatton $6 Million
        Floyd Mayweather $10 Million vs. Oscar De La Hoya $23.3 Million
        Floyd Mayweather $8 Million vs. Carlos Manuel Baldomir $1.6million.
        Floyd Mayweather $5 Million vs. Zab Judah $1 Million
        Floyd Mayweather $4 Million vs. Shamba Mitchell 375k
        Floyd Mayweather $3.2 Million vs. Arturo Gatti $3.5 Million
        Floyd Mayweather $3 Million vs. De Marcus Corley $150.000
        Floyd Mayweather $1.5 Million vs. Diego Corrales $1.25 million
        Floyd Mayweather $150.000k vs. Genaro Hernandez $600k

* Oscar De La Hoya also gave Mayweather a percentage of the PPV revenue. This was the first time De La Hoya ever did this, all his previous opponents got a guaranteed amount; no more, no less, no share of the PPV revenue. Mayweather walked away with between $22 and $30 million,http://<br /> http://sports.espn.go...ory?id=2865349

Floyd Mayweather Average Guaranteed Purse for his Past 6 Fights: $ 11 Million

Manny Pacquiao Guaranteed Purses:
        Pacquiao $12 Million vs. Clottey $1.5 Million
        Pacquiao $7.5 million vs. Miguel Cotto $4 Million
        Pacquiao $12 million vs. Ricky Hatton $11 Million
        Pacquiao $6 Million vs. De la Hoya $20 Million
        Pacquiao $3 million vs. David Diaz 800k
        Pacquiao $2.5 Million vs. Juan Manuel Marquez 2 $500
        Pacquiao $650.000 vs Juan Manuel Marquez $500k

Manny Pacquiao Average Guaranteed Purse for his Past 6 Fights: $ 7.16 Million

Mayweather 7 Pay Per View Fights
        6.9 Million Buys and $342 Million

June 2005 Mayweather vs. Arturo Gatti 365k= $16.5 million
        Apr. 2006 Mayweather vs. Zab Judah 375k = $ $16.8 million
        Sep 2006 Mayweather vs. Carlos Baldomir 325k = $16.3 Million
        May 2007 Mayweather vs. De la Hoya 2.44M=$136.6 Million
        Dec 2007 Mayweather vs. Ricky Hatton 920k=$50 Million
        Sep 2009 Mayweather vs. Juan Manuel Marquz 1.1M=$52 Million
        May 2010 Mayweather vs. Shane Mosley 1.4M=78.3 Million

Pacquiao's 12 pay-per-view fights
        6.25 million buys and $320 million
        June 2008: Pacquiao vs. David Diaz 250k PPV = $12.5 Million
        Dec 2008: Pacquiao vs. De la Hoya 1.25M PPV= $70 Million
        May 2009: Pacquaio vs. Ricky Hatton 800k PPV= $43 Million
        Nov 2009: Pacquiao vs. Miguel Cotto 1.25 M PPV = $68 Million
        Mar 2010: Pacquiao vs. Joshua Clottey 700k PPV= $35 Million

other ppv:
        Pacquaio vs. Morales 350,000 PPV
        Pacquiao vs. Morales II- 355,000 buys
        PACQUIAO vs. BARRERA 350,000 PPV
        Pacquaio vs. Marquez I 360,000 PPV
        Pacquaio vs. MarquezII 400,000 buys
        [/FONT]

Comment

• Originally posted by Horus View Post
          1. If you look I compared these last 6 fights.

2. By your logic, why dont Pacquiao accept a lower weight class purse split,
          and stop making getting 50% a sticking point.

3. Mayweather has only had 41 fights in his career
          27 of those fights were at Super Featherweight(130)
          4 were at lightweight(135)
          3 were at Jr. Weterweight(140)
          6 were at Welterweight(147)
          1 was at Jr. Middleweight(154)

Meaning he spent most of his career at 130!

Exactly horus compare the money each fighter made when they were at 130 Pac's purses were much bigger.

Thanks for owning yourself and justifying my point Horus. Floyd made no real money till he hit Welterweight, while pac was already making huge purses before he even hit the division.

Also Factor in that Pac's core audience doesn't even buy PPV's in this country which makes your argument even more useless.

Comment

• Originally posted by pistol whip View Post
            Exactly horus compare the money each fighter made when they were at 130 Pac's purses were much bigger.

Thanks for owning yourself and justifying my point Horus. Floyd made no real money till he hit Welterweight, while pac was already making huge purses before he even hit the division.

Also Factor in that Pac's core audience doesn't even buy PPV's in this country which makes your argument even more useless.
            Pistol

So since the audience pacquiao brings in dont even buy PPV.
            Then Who's Audience is going to buy the PPV if Mayweather and Pacquiao Fight???

You are basically admiting that Pacquiao does not bring in a paying audience!
            So if that is the case, why is he making getting 50% a sticking point?

Also if Pacquaio wants to be treated like a little man he should take a little man cut. He did it with De la hoya.. Why is he changing up with Mayweather?

You are basically trying to change the rules for pacquiao.

Like I said before, The Past, and the Present are the reality. These are things that can not change.
            thus, these are things we know.

I know alot of Pacquiao fans like to praise and treat him like a god, but even God can not change the past.

In other words, One cannot and must not try to erase the past merely because it does not fit the present.

I have given you facts based on the past, and facts that are true in the present. As a result, we have people trying to dismiss the reality of the current situation in favor of the possibility of a possibility that Manny Pacquiao can become what he hasnt became already.

The Equal in terms of Finanical Attraction to our sports number # 1 generator.

Furthermore, For Team Pacquiao to understand all of these things, and still making getting 50% a sticking point. Is by all measures ridiculous and disingenuous.

Facts.
            1. Pacquiao does not bring in the same paying audience as Mayweather
            2. Pacquiao does not earned the same amount of money.

So why is he making getting 50% a sticking point??
            Last edited by Horus; 07-12-2010, 01:18 PM.

Comment

• @ Pistol.

If they do agree to fight,

What weightclass will it be at?
              answer: 147

you bringing up lowerweight class has nothing to do with this discussion.
              Because if he was really a draw, he would have been making what Prince Naseem was making when he was fighting in the lowerweights.

Comment

• Originally posted by Horus View Post
                @ Pistol.

If they do agree to fight,

What weightclass will it be at?
                answer: 147

you bringing up lowerweight class has nothing to do with this discussion.
                Because if he was really a draw, he would have been making what Prince Naseem was making when he was fighting in the lowerweights.
                Can somebody explain to my dumbass why everyone keeps on saying Manny's fans are not paying money for his fights over in the Phillipines. That can't be true b/c Freddie Roach said they shut down the government when he fights so I'm thinking they do big numbers in Manilla.

Comment

• Originally posted by bazil82 View Post
                  Can somebody explain to my dumbass why everyone keeps on saying Manny's fans are not paying money for his fights over in the Phillipines. That can't be true b/c Freddie Roach said they shut down the government when he fights so I'm thinking they do big numbers in Manilla.
                  Here is a task for you, Prove it.
                  i'll wait.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dynamite Kid View Post
                    Horus is thick as ****, fancy saying " If they didn’t get 50% against De la Hoya why are they asking for against Mayweather??"

Since beating DLH he has beaten Cotto, Ricky Hatton and Clottey, say what you like about Clottey, he beat Judah, he beat Corrales, was beating Baldy before getting DQ'd, was beating Margarito before hurting his hand.
                    What is your point?

Why didnt Pacquiao as for 50% against DLH?
                    Was is he asking for it against Mayweather?

Comment

• so this ****in topic still doesn't die?

they deserve a 50/50 share because they're the only ones who can make the other earn that much in one fight.

Pac doesn't earn anywhere near what he'd earn fighting Floyd with any other opponent.
                      Floyd, exactly the same. He earns nowhere near what he'd earn fighting Manny, with any other opponent.

they need each other to make the ridiculous guaranteed purse and PPV + gate figures.

so now, PLEASE shut the **** up about this topic. PPV #'s, this and that...American, asian, blah blah ****ing blah.

How old are you people to be arguing about money you'll never see? seriously.

Comment

Working...
                      X