Collapse
No announcement yet.

Paul Briggs

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You know Paul's brother Nathan is a heavyweight? Thats odd, they are twins (altho clearly not identical ones,lol) and Nathan is 6'4 while Paul is only 5'11! But both are very strong, no doubt. And Paul is a better fighter.

Comment

Take a look at this! It's his ko of Glen Kelly, who at the time had only been defeated by Roy Jones, in 7 rounds. This happened in the 4th. Tell me he doesn't deserve to be called Australian Tyson!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yO6O3...eature=related

Comment

Originally posted by Benncollinsaad View Post
        If you ask me which particular boxer I'd like to see make a comeback, then my answer would be: PAUL BRIGGS! He was probably the most exciting fighter of the 21st century. And the best Australian fighter, as far as I'm concerned. He beat Stipe Drews, a man with a very awkward and tough to beat style. And not just that, he kicked his arse! He is the only one to knock down Drews three times and I am not sure wether he has ever been knocked down in any other fights.

Then he had those two fights with Adamek, which Lampley called the best 24 rounds of the year or something like that. He was a diehard warrior and a no-quitter. You gotta appreciate such a fighter. I'd really LOVE to see him fight again. As I understand, he has had a tough life and had become a criminal at some point after his career as kickboxer ended. That was before he turned to boxing. Incredible fellow. He has even written a book about it.
        first up i recommend reading his autobiography. best non fiction book i've ever read. amazing story. pro kick boxer at 14.. won an australia wide hardman comp at 16, world kick boxing champ at 19.. spent a decade as a standover man/drug dealer/ drug addict/dj.. then came back and fought for the boxing world title twice.. definitely did enough to win the second one and arguably the second against adamek that dirty juicer.

Originally posted by Greatwhitehope View Post
        I could be wrong, but I'm fairly sure he had some problems with his nervous system or something? Couldn't train for an extended period of time or something.

It's ashame, if only something could've struck Mundine and/or Green down instead, that way Australia would speak about Katsidis and Briggs when boxing came up. Instead the Mundine/Green circus continues.
        This is right.. he started on a come back last year.. was looking the goods hitting pads and getting fit.. but when it came time to start sparring again he wasn't reacting.. they did some tests and apparently his nervous system is shot..

Originally posted by Benncollinsaad View Post
        You know Paul's brother Nathan is a heavyweight? Thats odd, they are twins (altho clearly not identical ones,lol) and Nathan is 6'4 while Paul is only 5'11! But both are very strong, no doubt. And Paul is a better fighter.
        Nathan is HUGE. Paul reckons he'd have made a devastating rugby league player.. but his old man wouldnt let him go that way. looked pretty good when paul was training him.. quite a good skill set for a big guy.. but not much of a chin.

Comment

I'll look for his autobiography, but I doubt I'll find it here. I didn't know he was trained by Jack Mosley, Shane's father.

Comment

Working...
          X