No announcement yet.

I know Why Weeks Stopped the Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Deus View Post
    Right... although usually brain injuries require someone to be hit in the head.

You'd have a valid point if at any stage in the combination Ward went for the head, but his entire combo was either the gut or the balls depending on which side you want to view it from.
    What you want to ignore is the right hand to the chin that sent him on queer street and the fact he was being tagged repeatedly as he flailed around the ring unable to defend himself.

Comment

Originally posted by Code Red View Post
      What you want to ignore is the right hand to the chin that sent him on queer street and the fact he was being tagged repeatedly as he flailed around the ring unable to defend himself.
      Nope, not going to ignore that at all. Was a cracking shot, but it was just 1 clean shot to the head. Are we stopping fights off of 1 punch now?!

I would get what you're saying if whilst defenceless (although for the most part after he was hurt he was trying to tie up Ward to avoid further damage) Kovalev took at least one power shot to the head, but he didn't.

Kovalev was definitely on his way to being stopped as he looked like he was done, but that was too early, which just isn't really great for a fight of this magnitude.

Comment

Originally posted by Deus View Post
        Nope, not going to ignore that at all. Was a cracking shot, but it was just 1 clean shot to the head. Are we stopping fights off of 1 punch now?!

I would get what you're saying if whilst defenceless (although for the most part after he was hurt he was trying to tie up Ward to avoid further damage) Kovalev took at least one power shot to the head, but he didn't.

Kovalev was definitely on his way to being stopped as he looked like he was done, but that was too early, which just isn't really great for a fight of this magnitude.
        You also want to ignore that a lot of those body shots were legit! Kovalev got hit with MANY body shots in this fight!

Comment

Originally posted by Jsmooth9876 View Post
          **** that's where most my thinking comes from.
          Lmao he fell into that

Comment

Originally posted by Code Red View Post
            You also want to ignore that a lot of those body shots were legit! Kovalev got hit with MANY body shots in this fight!
            That comment has absolutely no relevance to either my comment or this thread so I take it then that you simply have no actual rebuttal.

Comment

Originally posted by bigsmoothh View Post
              yeah i understand, after watching it a couple of times i do agree weeks did his job looking out for both guys safety.
              https://youtu.be/iLxlV5C4KHY

Comment

Working...
              X