Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lets look at May 4th from a business standpoint and future business.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lets look at May 4th from a business standpoint and future business.

At the end of the day it is called prizefighting and there are economics behind it. If you look at basic economics it doesn't make much sense for a Canelo-Trout fight to happen if there is a Mayweeather fight looming. High risk for Canelo and Mayweather. We as fight fans want Canelo-Trout but I can understand why GB doesn't want it and I am sure Showtime doesn't want Trout-Canelo.

Think about it, who else is Mayweather going to fight that would generate enough for him to get his 30 million? Alexander, Peterson, Matthyse, Khan?

Ellerbe knows this too just read his comments, he doesn't want to ruin a big payday for somebody who doesn't bring anything to the table financially like Trout.

My guess is Canelo will fight a Mexican 154 pounder in the co-main event on May 4th setting up a money fight in September.

Originally posted by Thornton Melon View Post
    At the end of the day it is called prizefighting and there are economics behind it. If you look at basic economics it doesn't make much sense for a Canelo-Trout fight to happen if there is a Mayweeather fight looming. High risk for Canelo and Mayweather. We as fight fans want Canelo-Trout but I can understand why GB doesn't want it and I am sure Showtime doesn't want Trout-Canelo.

Think about it, who else is Mayweather going to fight that would generate enough for him to get his 30 million? Alexander, Peterson, Matthyse, Khan?

Ellerbe knows this too just read his comments, he doesn't want to ruin a big payday for somebody who doesn't bring anything to the table financially like Trout.

My guess is Canelo will fight a Mexican 154 pounder in the co-main event on May 4th setting up a money fight in September.
    No, I refuse. The fact is ginger has done nothing, nor beating anyone, ever, to deserve, demand or expect Floyd to do what he says. What his bumfVk team should have done was put him in there with someone with a heartbeat fights ago. That way they wouldn't have backed themselves into a corner by now being demanded to fight a live body.

Comment

I agree but we are talking about money here. Mexicans love Canelo and I went to the movie theatre to watch Mayweather-Cotto and the theatre was packed with Mexicans going crazy during the Canelo-Mosley fight and were silent during the Mayweather fight. If he doesn't fight Canelo who will he fight?

Comment

I agree but we are talking about money here. Mexicans love Canelo and I went to the movie theatre to watch Mayweather-Cotto and the theatre was packed with Mexicans going crazy during the Canelo-Mosley fight and were silent during the Mayweather fight. If he doesn't fight Canelo who will he fight?
        floyd will still sell 1 million no matter who is on the undercard, his last few fights have had only 1 or 2 mexicans on the card. Hell you can have Broner vs ray beltran. And if canelo is being so pressed and wont fight unless floyd guarantees him a fight then have trout-lara. Canelo isnt owed anything

Comment

Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
          floyd will still sell 1 million no matter who is on the undercard, his last few fights have had only 1 or 2 mexicans on the card. Hell you can have Broner vs ray beltran. And if canelo is being so pressed and wont fight unless floyd guarantees him a fight then have trout-lara. Canelo isnt owed anything
          I agree Canelo hasn't earned it but once again who else is out there for the future? I think Canelo fought on the Mayweather-Ortiz card and Mayweather-Cotto card for a reason.

Comment

I agree Canelo hasn't earned it but once again who else is out there for the future? I think Canelo fought on the Mayweather-Ortiz card and Mayweather-Cotto card for a reason.
            yea there arent many people but if canelo loses to trout he wouldnt fight floyd in sept anyways. Maybe someone from 140 will come up so he can fight another "young lion" lol

Comment

Uh the winner?? Trout, who else.

Comment

Working...
              X