Collapse
No announcement yet.

the curious case of vanes mitrosyan...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He is a face first fighter(look at his nose) who has never fought at 160 and was never the top guy at 154. It is a easy defense for GGG to pad his record and pick up another ko... But hey business is business

Comment

Originally posted by jmrf4435 View Post
      He's not as bad as his record suggest. All of his loses were extremely close fight and the Lara fight was stopped due to clash of heads, and he drawed them in their first meeting which I felt vanes won. I felt he was blindly robbed against Andrade.

He reminds me of ruslan and mattyste, where they were on the wrong end of a couple REALLY close fights(or robbed) and it completely derailed their careers.

He gave charlo a good fight..The replacement could be much worse.

His layoff is the only thing that concerns me to be honest. This is not a bad fight considering it's a lst minute replacement.
      aww boo hoo

shoulda fought his ibf mando instead

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
        And the first fight was nowhere near good enough to warrant two more.
        It wasn't that fun, but the draw, which I'm in the minority in feeling that was a fair outcome despite the actually Canelo card being sh^thouse crazy, makes me wanna see a definite winner come out of this. If they go a third time this 2nd fight will need to be as close or a whole hell of a lot more entertaining.

And personally I think this division is too backed up that if we see a third it'll be a couple years away & I'm not entirely confident GGG is around a couple years from now.

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx.. View Post
          He is a face first fighter(look at his nose) who has never fought at 160 and was never the top guy at 154. It is a easy defense for GGG to pad his record and pick up another ko... But hey business is business
          would if GGG handles Vanes waaaay easier than Charlo had?

Comment

*Anus martirosyan*

Comment

Vanes said his long time out of the ring was due to fights being canceled. He wanted to fight the whole time but fight after fight fell through. He never stopped training and never was out of shape. I saw a video of him sparring with Chavez Jr for a few rounds and I thought he handled him easily. He has some fast tricky combinations and good power.

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx.. View Post
                He wanted to pad his record with an easy win over Canelo but he never showed up for some reason.

Comment

That was 3 years ago though, Charlo & Vanes were both different fighters, Vanes was a lot better, Charlo worse (only 24). Vanes has been very inactive, he's taking this fight on short notice, he's a career JMW, and the trainer he's hired is Rousey's.

Comment

Originally posted by have_not View Post
                    Vitali Klitschko was off for 4 years and where 37 years old when he came back against WBC champion Sam Peter. He toyed with Sam and it was the first time Sam Peter was stopped. Peter was never the same again.

it was at HW and vitali had a very rough style for anybody because he was so big and his chin was so good. you can be out for a long time, you'll still be tall as F, a layoff doesn't take that from you.

vanes won't be relying on being several inches taller than anybody he fights, the way vitali was. if vitali came back and fought a small guy with footspeed you'd notice the layoff a hell of a lot more. peter let him do exactly what he needed to do, wihch was put hands on his guy until he was worn out and done. peter was a real plodder himself.

Comment

well he hasnt fought in 2 years and is moving up...

Comment

Working...
                      X