Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Wilder: Joshua, Hearn Degraded Me - $15 Mill & No Percentage!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If this clown loses to Fury, he can kiss $15M goodbye. He'll be begging for $5M.

Comment

• hearn/aj fanatics have become the laughing stock of boxing, I used to like aj but you all took it too far!

Comment

• Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
        If this clown loses to Fury, he can kiss $15M goodbye. He'll be begging for $5M.
        He wont get any Millions beyond 2 ( only with Joshua ) bc he wont have a belt and theres a few guys coming up that will be harder then Wilder within 2020 .

Joyce , Sirenko , Gorman , Dubois , Hrgovic are all going to be top 10 opponents .

If Wilder loses twice to Fury thats end game bc any fight with Joshua after 2019 is going to be a huge mismatch more then Joshua chances of winning now .!
        Last edited by juggernaut666; 08-21-2018, 10:32 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
          He wont get any Millions beyond 2 ( only with Joshua ) bc he wont have a belt and theres a few guys coming up that will be harder then Wilder within 2020 .

Joyce , Sirenko , Gorman , Dubois , Hrgovic are all going to be top 10 opponents .

If Wilder loses twice to Fury thats end game bc any fight with Joshua after 2019 is going to be a huge mismatch more then Joshua chances of winning now .!
          what if he beats Fury twice? then what

Comment

• Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
            Again, you guys fail to understand basic business principles (and before anyone tries to pull rank I've been running my own biz for over 10 years and have managed talent {on a small scale} in the past).
            We don't know each other or our respective commercial backgrounds. I'm not about to start detailing my own experience here and so please forgive me if I simply reject your argument from authority and address the arguments you actually make on the substance provided.

Wilder does not get paid based on what Joshua can do without him. Hearn has somehow deluded his minions into repeating that so just stop it. It makes you sound stupid. It's about the synergy that creates an event that is bigger than the sum of it's parts.
            So I didn't say this, you're arguing with a straw man of your own construction. Wilder gets whatever he can from the market. Your price in the market depends on what you can generate and your decisions on what opportunities to pursue or how to calculate risk and reward depend on what your alternative options for generating revenue are.

You also fail to see that Joshua has lost face. People don't even give a fuk that he's about to fight Povetkin. Fact is, the UK's heart is with Fury and now that he's back, they're dumping Joshua who reeks of princess behavior. Joshua was only popular in a small country, and now that is taking a hit. Wilder has been gaining tremendous stream and after beating Fury, Wilder is a hot item and this 60/40 talk is over.
            Forgive me if I question your knowledge of the UK market and ask you to back up this assertion. For my part I simply refer to the points I made earlier. What leverage can be realistically employed on a man who earned $47m last year, who will have sold 250,000 tickets for his last four fights, who has a rapidly expanding portfolio of lucrative commercial partnerships, excellent relations with key broadcast partners, holds 3 of the four major titles as well as the lesser fourth and who generates sufficient revenue to make him a desirable option for any of the leading players in the division?

BTW, I'm not even a Wilder fan. I think he's a train wreck in the making and doesn't respect his craft. I'm just being honest here.

I never check my quoted posts unless I happen to see them in a revisited thread so don't write a big rebuttal as I'm unlikely to see it.
            That's ok, I never write expecting a reply. I enjoy debating here and am happy to leave my response for others to read or not as they wish.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ray* View Post
              I add everything up. I didn't think he was well known enough to bring much to the table. The fact that he is american didn't mean much to me then, why? Because not a lot of american knows much or cared about his fights.

Like i said in previous posts, i think the whole saga has propel his career before the Bermane S/Ortiz fights not much hype surrounding him, which for me was a shock.

Now he can command bigger pay, audience even without a bigger name, and he has Joshua to thank for that.
              Exactly. It if wasn't for the fact that Joshua's cowardice was put on blast and propelled into the spotlight...Wilder's popularity wouldn't have risen, lmao. You're right. And now Fury fight is putting the spotlight more on Wilder. It's funny how things work out isn't it, lmao!!!??? **** Hearn and the stoic, stiff one.

Comment

• Originally posted by uppercut510 View Post
                what if he beats Fury twice? then what
                He prices himself out and proclaims hes the savior of boxing .

The fight becomes bigger with Joshua and negotiations become easier bc each has contributed to the build up .

Thats IF Wilder wants to be realistic . ( IF ) !

Comment

• Originally posted by Holler View Post
                  We don't know each other or our respective commercial backgrounds. I'm not about to start detailing my own experience here and so please forgive me if I simply reject your argument from authority and address the arguments you actually make on the substance provided.

So I didn't say this, you're arguing with a straw man of your own construction. Wilder gets whatever he can from the market. Your price in the market depends on what you can generate and your decisions on what opportunities to pursue or how to calculate risk and reward depend on what your alternative options for generating revenue are.

Forgive me if I question your knowledge of the UK market and ask you to back up this assertion. For my part I simply refer to the points I made earlier. What leverage can be realistically employed on a man who earned $47m last year, who will have sold 250,000 tickets for his last four fights, who has a rapidly expanding portfolio of lucrative commercial partnerships, excellent relations with key broadcast partners, holds 3 of the four major titles as well as the lesser fourth and who generates sufficient revenue to make him a desirable option for any of the leading players in the division?

That's ok, I never write expecting a reply. I enjoy debating here and am happy to leave my response for others to read or not as they wish.
                  Bury that troll .....

Comment

• Originally posted by Ray* View Post
                    In terms of PPV or in comparison to Joshua?
                    PPV. I've heard the fights versus the two journeyman did well financially considering the circumstances.

Comment

• Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
                      He prices himself out and proclaims hes the savior of boxing .

The fight becomes bigger with Joshua and negotiations become easier bc each has contributed to the build up .

Thats IF Wilder wants to be realistic . ( IF ) !
                      but at that point would it be fair to say hearn should throw all the flat fee talk and offer him at least 40-45%????

Comment

Working...
                      X