Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Wilder: Joshua, Hearn Degraded Me - $15 Mill & No Percentage!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ake-Dawg View Post
    What examples did I cite?
    Those Mayweather opponents who were complete unknowns to the public. Wilder is the biggest American name in the US today.

Comment

• Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
      Those Mayweather opponents who were complete unknowns to the public. Wilder is the biggest American name in the US today.
      That was RoyJonesJrp4pno1. I was responding to the post that cited those examples.

Comment

That was RoyJonesJrp4pno1. I was responding to the post that cited those examples.
        My bad — I think I agreed with you.

Comment

• Originally posted by Butch.McRae View Post
          Now you feel me?

Bellew is a ****ing magician lol

Grabbed a quick $10 million and is looking for another $5 million against Usyk. He might be the biggest financial overachiever in boxing history after all of this lol

You brits buy fights. It's a fact of life there lol
          One thing that did stand out

Fury Klitschko -545,000

Aj Klitschko -1,532,000

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyJonesJrp4pno1 View Post
            This is illogical. If I fight Floyd Mayweather the event draws 100% because of Floyd. Therefore Floyd deserves the vast majority of the pot. See Mayweather fights with Chico, Ghost, Ortiz etc.. to see what cut/percentage they made from the specific event.

Case in point if Joshua-Wilder happens; Joshua deserves the vast majority of the pot because people are paying to watch him more so than Wilder.
            You have a very poor understanding of business, specifically illustrated by the idea that Joshua would deserve a "vast majority" over Wilder after a Fury win. The same words you used to describe you vs Floyd Mayweather.... SMH...

Originally posted by Holler View Post
            There's another part of the puzzle though which is 'how much can I make without you' and that's where the massive imbalance between the two fighters commercial pull is manifested. Wilder or Fury or Miller or Povetkin, any of them make their biggest pay check in a a fight with Joshua. The guy with multiple big revenue generating options is in a stronger negotiating position than the guy with one.
            Again, you guys fail to understand basic business principles (and before anyone tries to pull rank I've been running my own biz for over 10 years and have managed talent {on a small scale} in the past). Wilder does not get paid based on what Joshua can do without him. Hearn has somehow deluded his minions into repeating that so just stop it. It makes you sound stupid. It's about the synergy that creates an event that is bigger than the sum of it's parts.

You also fail to see that Joshua has lost face. People don't even give a fuk that he's about to fight Povetkin. Fact is, the UK's heart is with Fury and now that he's back, they're dumping Joshua who reeks of princess behavior. Joshua was only popular in a small country, and now that is taking a hit. Wilder has been gaining tremendous stream and after beating Fury, Wilder is a hot item and this 60/40 talk is over.

BTW, I'm not even a Wilder fan. I think he's a train wreck in the making and doesn't respect his craft. I'm just being honest here.

I never check my quoted posts unless I happen to see them in a revisited thread so don't write a big rebuttal as I'm unlikely to see it.

Comment

What is your opinion based on? Is it based on prior purses? We know that's not the way it ultimately works in the boxing business. How did you come to the conclusion that $15M was too much? Based on how much revenue you presumed the fight would bring in? Did that include U.S. revenue? Did it factor in DAZN?
              Based on his resume,purse, popularity before the whole Joshua saga. I didn't think he deserve that sort of money. He was never talked about on boxing websites until this whole thing as well. He was just under the radar really.

Comment

• Originally posted by Straightener View Post

Fury Klitschko -545,000

Aj Klitschko -1,532,000
                I think people overestimate how popular Fury is over here.

Comment

• Originally posted by Straightener View Post

Fury Klitschko -545,000

Aj Klitschko -1,532,000
                  I noticed that disparity too but I also think the HW scene has somewhat exploded in popularity there (largely due to Joshua) since the Fury v. Wladimir fight.

Serious question, if Parker v. Whyte pulled 400k what do you think Fury v. (insert solid name) would pull? (Would love to hear your thoughts)

I'm willing to bet it's much larger than 400k lol (assuming it's a UK primetime card).

Comment

• Originally posted by Ray* View Post
                    Based on his resume,purse, popularity before the whole Joshua saga. I didn't think he deserve that sort of money. He was never talked about on boxing websites until this whole thing as well. He was just under the radar really.
                    So you didn't think about how much the fight could make? To me this is the most important factor. If fighting Wilder adds 50% more revenue over the typical revenue of a Joshua fight, you can't just say, well Joshua deserves all of that increase because he's popular. That's why flat fees don't work for big fights.

Seems like you are/were hung up on previous purses as if that's what determines a fighters value in an individual fight. I also think you've underestimated fan's, particularly those in the UK, awareness of who Wilder is. A fighter doesn't have to be "popular" or "liked" to have value.

Comment

• Originally posted by Butch.McRae View Post
                      Now you feel me?

Bellew is a ****ing magician lol

Grabbed a quick $10 million and is looking for another $5 million against Usyk. He might be the biggest financial overachiever in boxing history after all of this lol

You brits buy fights. It's a fact of life there lol
                      Say what you will about Bellew but the disparity between his ability and his PPV figures can be explained by his execellebt promotional leg work. He (more so than Haye IMO) sold those fights with his trolling and his sarcasm. A lot of people like him and a lot of people wanted to see him get his face smashed. Hey presto.

Comment

Working...
                      X