No announcement yet.

Why Is Demetrius Andrade Not Popular?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
    He has an ugly style and he can't KO top fighters.
    Neither can Canelo or GGG.

It is hard to KO the other top guy in those middle divisions. It is not a heavyweight division.

Comment

Originally posted by MPDKSAB View Post
      I did want to respond to this specifically tho. I've had conversations about this outside of here. I remember a dude telling me he fights reckless. This was yearsss ago when he was at 154! He's ALWAYS taken chances in fights. That's why I don't really like when ppl compare him to Lara. Andrade's whole style is a risk.

If you remember when he fought Kautondokwa & had the double KD that wasn't called. Paulie said that takes guts to punch inbetween someone else punching. He's always done stuff like this tho. I see fighters with lesser KO% getting called power punchers, while Andrade just gets called "a boxer." & I be feeling like "wow it must only be 12 ppl who agree with me or something." Them other guys, it be all they have to offer or all they go for is the KO. Andrade does so many different things in the ring man.

There was people who didn't believe Floyd was who he was until he did exactly what he did to everybody else - to Pacquiao. & you have the ppl who still will never give him credit. But until they see Andrade literally have a fight go almost identical to what he does now they won't give him credit.

But to the point, he always took risks the opponent just can't capitalize. & he's not a good finisher. Kautondokwa in the 4th, Sulecki in the 1st, & Keeler in the 1st or 2nd. If he woulda got them outta there in them rounds he hurt them, he'd probably have 50k more followers or something right now lol. Knockouts create more believers than 12 round decisions.
      Yeah his style is weird as hell. Definitely nothing like Lara. People that call him a pure boxer have never seen him fight

Comment

I don`t think Canelo would beat Sulecki any better than Andrade did.

Comment

Originally posted by Satir View Post
          yeah, i remember this guy, he was the captain of that american boxing team that has won nothing, good luck man
          He got robbed..

Comment

Working...
          X