No announcement yet.

Why floyd DUCK thurman?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why floyd DUCK thurman?

Floyd had a chance to enhance his legacy more if he didn't duck thurman but i think he knows that he isn't sure that he can win against a young and undefeated thurman.

Have you been watching boxing for long? Their paths didn't really cross, unless you expected him to ditch the Maidana rematch and the Pac fight. Sure, he could have fought anyone but Berto but by then he was done and just wanted to finish his contractual obligations. No point in going after a young champ in a retirement fight.

I'm not even a Floyd fan but this thread is just noobish. Gotta be a sad dude to let an athlete haunt you like this.
    Last edited by Redd Foxx; 05-17-2019, 06:50 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by pasawayako View Post
      Floyd had a chance to enhance his legacy more if he didn't duck thurman but i think he knows that he isn't sure that he can win against a young and undefeated thurman.
      ... man... after Maidana he ducked the likes of Brook, Khan and even Porter... in order to fight Berto...

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
        Pac fight. Sure, he could have fought anyone but Berto but by then he was done and just wanted to finish his contractual obligations. No point in going after a young champ in a retirement fight.

I'm not even a Flood fan but this thread is just noobish.
        I think Floyd wanted to get out with unbeaten record. That feeling overided anything else in floyds mind and he could live with critisicm. If it was last fight you should go out beating the next generation.. Historically you retire when the young lion shows you not got it anymore. Floyd went out imply ing he'd beat Ggg n o special effects.n
        Actually, Floyd couldn't really afford to go out without fighting thurman as Floyd had reputation for cherry picking and ducking like no ATG before or since
        Last edited by hugh grant; 05-17-2019, 06:53 AM.

Comment

Have you been watching boxing for long? Their paths didn't really cross, unless you expected him to ditch the Maidana rematch and the Pac fight. Sure, he could have fought anyone but Berto but by then he was done and just wanted to finish his contractual obligations. No point in going after a young champ in a retirement fight.

I'm not even a Floyd fan but this thread is just noobish. Gotta be a sad dude to let an athlete haunt you like this.
          Thurman is calling him out but instead he fought berto. He should have end his career against a formidable opponent.

Comment

Thurman is calling him out but instead he fought berto. He should have end his career against a formidable opponent.
            I remember that, back then, even Ward called out "lil Floyd"... at 160...

Comment

Why's Pacquiao ducking Spence? He could enhance his legacy more defeating Spence instead of Thurman.

Comment

He should have end his career against a formidable opponent.
                I actually agree, I think fighting Berto war weak as hell but you guys who pretend he ducked Thurman are just guys who stay up at night in a cold sweat because you can't stand the idea that he never lost. Who cares? Why let hate consume you. People are the same way about Ward and they still can't stop babbling incoherently about him.

I feel bad for Pac that he's still active but most of his fans would rather bytch about Floyd that talk about the great things Pac is doing.

Comment

Yeah it's ridiculous. I actually think Thurman was out injured during the time Floyd fought Berto too. Thurman was out of the ring for a year between the Collazo fight and the Porter fight. The Floyd v Berto fight was between those fights. So it's not even like they could've fought then either.

And they couldn't have fought really any time before that, Thurman was still on the way up fighting fringe contenders.

You would think people would have a bit of knowledge of the time lines before spouting this stuff.

It's like when people say Calzaghe should've fought Froch. Calzaghe was in a division above and on his retirement fight when Froch was fighting in British level title fights. Their career paths didn't cross at all. It's like saying Andre Ward ducked Benavidez or something.
                  Last edited by TheBigLug; 05-17-2019, 07:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigLug View Post
                    It's like when people say Calzaghe should've Froch. Calzaghe was in a division above and on his retirement fight when Froch was fighting in British level title fights. Their career paths didn't cross at all.
                    ^That's another good one. I think people just love to talk about shyt years later hoping no one will call them on their bullshyt. I remember hardcore GG fans saying Sergio ducked GG when he took a couple of big money fights before retiring. They never said this when Sergio was active though. They brought this up after he retired and GG became a star.

Comment

Working...
                    X