Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GGG~vs~Hopkins; Who's Run at 160 More Impressive?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scary_canary View Post
    Man when you compare “middleweight resume” I think there very similar... hopkins has better names but the best 2 were welterweights... I still think Hopkins edges him.... when ppl compare the 2 I think a lot ppl look at Hopkins career rather than the middleweight run....... if you wanna compare careers it’s not even close, they probably shouldn’t be mentioned in the same sentence
    you can think about making a comparison when 3G gets close to 20 defences, but hes still in single figures. At present hes behind Felix Sturm thats whom he can be compared to.

Otherwise you are saying that Sturm (9 defences?) and Sergio (10?) are better than bhop (20) and thats clearly irrational.
    Last edited by DreamFighter; 05-01-2018, 07:07 AM.

Comment

I wish people would stop with the Tito was a Welter bull****. Dude stopped a middleweight before and after he fought Hopkins. Hopkins being the first to beat and stop Glen Johnson is underrated.

Comment

GGG is undefeated at 160.

Comment

I picked G today but could easily pick Hop tomorrow, very similar really.

Comment

Originally posted by pasawayako View Post
            GGG is undefeated at 160.

Floyd is undefeated

so, he is obviously much better than Pac..... right ?

do you want a do-over ?

Comment

Originally posted by 4truth View Post
              I picked G today but could easily pick Hop tomorrow, very similar really.

Hopkins beat Trinidad, who was a huge favorite, in a shocker

/thread

sorry Golovkin fans

Comment

So far you've got to pick Hopkins. He won all four titles and was the champion for a decade. GGG is yet to lose and certainly not to a fighter like Jermain Taylor (who I don't think even beat Cory Spinks) but having said that I don't think Hopkins lost either of those bouts. GGG beat Canelo but Canelo's not in Tito's league. Tito was far better than GGG's best opponent by a very big distance.

I think if GGG were to beat Canelo again, Saunders and then perhaps Charlo and/or Devreychenko or Andrade and leave the division without losing his titles in the ring you'd probably give him the edge even though Hopkins was a better fighter in general.

GGG's competition has been average for the most part but we can't forget Hopkins fought Robert Allen 3x and guys like Keith Holmes, Antwun Echols are no better than Jacobs or even Lemiuex IMO.

Comment

Personally I'd say GGG is just ahead of felix sturm, level with arthur abe, and just behind sergio martinez.

WHen GGG does double whats he done, we can come back and ask this thread question again.

Comment

Originally posted by b00g13man View Post
                    Delete the thread and start it again with a public poll. We need to be able to point and laugh at the GGG voters.
                    You can't delete threads or change polls after its posted. That sucks and Boxingscene needs to fix that lame sht. But good point it would've been better as public.

Comment

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
                      Hopkins beat Trinidad, who was a huge favorite, in a shocker

/thread

sorry Golovkin fans

Trinidad was never a formidable middleweight. Lost 1/2 his fights at Middleweight. May well will turn out someday that Brook is a better Middleweight.

Comment

Working...
                      X