Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GGG~vs~Hopkins; Who's Run at 160 More Impressive?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
    kid.....

FACT: you said this.....

but, you had already said this.....

so, yea..... I don't think that you should be accusing anyone of lying, you silly fanboy muppet
    I've never denied saying that I have lingering doubts about Jacob's chin. In fact I've said it a more than once in different threads. However Trinidad's chin is much worse than Jacobs. He's been down numerous times. Your trying to imply that I said "Jacobs was not quite a bum in your reply" which is false. In fact I've made my view plain. You will disagree because that what you do.
    Trinidad at Middleweight wasn't effective.
    Trinidad has been on the canvas numerous times.
    Trinidad did not have a close fight with Hopkins. He was outboxed and stopped. When the fight was announced and Trinidad was proclaimed as the favorite I knew he had no chance against Hopkins.
    I was right.
    Trinidad is too small for Jacobs.
    Trinidad would not be able to take Jacobs punches.

Fighters who put Tito on the canvas.
    Yory Boy Campas,
    Oba Carr,
    Anthony Stephens,
    Fernando Vargas,
    Kevin Lueshing,
    Alberto Cortes,
    David Reid,
    Bernard Hopkins
    Roy Jones.
    I have nothing against Trinidad. He got up and fought his heart out but he wouldn't last against Jacobs. He's too big and hits too hard.

Comment

• Originally posted by TonyGe View Post
      I've never denied saying that I have lingering doubts about Jacob's chin. In fact I've said it a more than once in different threads. However Trinidad's chin is much worse than Jacobs. He's been down numerous times. Your trying to imply that I said "Jacobs was not quite a bum in your reply" which is false. In fact I've made my view plain. You will disagree because that what you do.
      Trinidad did not have a close fight with Hopkins. He was outboxed and stopped. When the fight was announced and Trinidad was proclaimed as the favorite I knew he had no chance against Hopkins.
      I was right.

Yory Boy Campas,
      Oba Carr,
      Anthony Stephens,
      Fernando Vargas,
      Kevin Lueshing,
      Alberto Cortes,
      David Reid,
      Bernard Hopkins
      Roy Jones.
      I have nothing against Trinidad. He got up and fought his heart out but he wouldn't last against Jacobs. He's too big and hits too hard.

Tito Trinidad is a glass jawed joke. Gets put down at WW and gets KTFO by a feather fisted Bhop.

I bet he didn't even have cancer when he got KTFO. just LMAO

Comment

• Originally posted by DreamFighter View Post
        GGG 's career is unfinished, unfair comparison.

Obviously currently by far hopkins, hes more than double what GGG has.

You need to amend GGG's list, it starts with Geale (or without, since they fought FOR a title that noone had won ie they werent taking the title from anyone). IBO doesnt count to anyone other than IBO.

It should read from Geale onwards -

Marco Antonio Rubio (59-6-1, 51KOs) 34 yrs old.
        Martin Murray (29-1-1, 12KOs) 32 yrs old.
        Willie Monroe Jr (19-1-0, 6KOs) 28 yrs old.
        David Lemieux (34-2-0, 31KOs) 26 yrs old.
        Dominic Wade (18-0-0, 12KOs) 26 yrs old.
        Kell Brook (36-0-0, 25KOs) 30 yrs old.
        Daniel Jacobs (32-1-0, 29KOs) 30 yrs old.

Also add Canelo, since a draw is a successful defence.

GGG has 8 defences.
        Hopkins had, what 20? stupid thread at this stage.
        Is it really unfair if GGG just said his run is far stronger? It's not unfair if he invited it by saying that, imo.

Comment

• Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
          Neither are anything special in terms of quality and Golovkin's should only be counted from Geale onwards although it should also include Canelo. Hopkins' is longer and better but honestly without Trinidad the quality would be a close run thing.

This. Neither of their list is that great. The longevity sure, but to say a lot of the guys Hopkins fought were so much better than the guys Golovkin fought is a joke.

Comment

• Originally posted by GoldenGloveLove View Post
            Is it really unfair if GGG just said his run is far stronger? It's not unfair if he invited it by saying that, imo.
            yeh I didnt believe that he did say it, thought it was a fanthing, bt I now realise he really has been quoted as saying it.

Very uncharacteristic of him, hes generally limited in his comments (beyond "he is good boy"), but perhaps he is feeling the pressure of fighting top boxers now hes 8 fights into his title run.

Still, a neutral wise observer would state that its too early to compare them.

Comment

• Originally posted by TonyGe View Post
              I was right.

Yory Boy Campas,
              Oba Carr,
              Anthony Stephens,
              Fernando Vargas,
              Kevin Lueshing,
              Alberto Cortes,
              David Reid,
              Bernard Hopkins
              Roy Jones.

Trinidad knocked out middleweights before/after Hopkins

Jacobs has looked average in his last two outings, in fact his ONLY notable performance is a losing effort to Golovkin..... if the JMW Sukecki could land at will, and survive no problem..... then I would back Trinidad to catch Jacobs with something (probably a hook or straight right-hand) and eventually stop him

Jacobs legacy is sooooo thin, that if he loses his next fight..... Murray would replace Jacobs as Golovkin's best win..... so, you are fkn DREAMING lol

not only is your your silly, flawed-logic, quadrangle-theory, completely irrelevant..... because the question is, who has the best win, not..... which fighters best win would prevail if those guys fought

so yea..... your flawed logic, is just an opinion..... an opinion that could not only EASILY be wrong, it would probably be wrong

FACT: Trinidad was great, Jacobs was not

Comment

• why is someone STILL comparing failed contender Jacobs to HoF multiweight title winning ATG-killer Tito?

Comment

• Originally posted by DreamFighter View Post
                  yeh I didnt believe that he did say it, thought it was a fanthing, bt I now realise he really has been quoted as saying it.

Very uncharacteristic of him, hes generally limited in his comments (beyond "he is good boy"), but perhaps he is feeling the pressure of fighting top boxers now hes 8 fights into his title run.

Still, a neutral wise observer would state that its too early to compare them.
                  You might be right. I have heard he's more "Edgy" in his first language in interviews, so maybe a lot of his comments have flown under the radar before. I remember when Pacquiao said he thought he was the greatest ever in an English interview but it went completely ignored because of his humble persona.

Comment

• Originally posted by GoldenGloveLove View Post
                    You might be right. I have heard he's more "Edgy" in his first language in interviews, so maybe a lot of his comments have flown under the radar before. I remember when Pacquiao said he thought he was the greatest ever in an English interview but it went completely ignored because of his humble persona.
                    there may be some element lost in translation, well pointed out, ty.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scary_canary View Post
                      Man when you compare “middleweight resume” I think there very similar... hopkins has better names but the best 2 were welterweights... I still think Hopkins edges him.... when ppl compare the 2 I think a lot ppl look at Hopkins career rather than the middleweight run....... if you wanna compare careers it’s not even close, they probably shouldn’t be mentioned in the same sentence
                      The two best were welterweights? They sanctioned that?

Comment

Working...
                      X