Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What does it feel like to knock out another man in a boxing match?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its so fast and sudden, I'm not even as good as a journeyman amateur boxer but I've had 5 sparring sessions stopped after dropping my partner hard.

You get a better feeling of confidence I guess, but it's nothing like the thrill and excitement of a fight I guess, but I've never fought in that realm so I can't explain it.

Had a few knockouts of idiots when I were a doorman at nightclubs but they deserved it.

Comment

It feels pretty damn good... I never stopped someone cold like jmm did to manny, but I had stoppages in the amateurs and it feels great..

Best is a body shot IMO...having a guy still conscious but unable to stand and wheezing for air... Great feeling...

Comment

Originally posted by twrx View Post
        this I've been stopped by body shot literally took my body 3 seconds to react to it and 2 minutes to even sit down let alone stand up. Any one who gets up from those and continue is superman to me

I've put guys in the street to sleep I've yet to be kod though I have been dropped like someone said earlier its more a relief than anything but the respect and fear you get by the people who whiteness it can give you a hard on . I've never put a dude to sleep in the gym nor have they to me I've put people in bambi legs and stopped em and was stopped once as well every humbling experience.
        I
        Maidana, amirite??

Comment

Originally posted by sean1997 View Post
          Please talk about it, NSB.
          I've never put someone out cold, only TKOs and my opponent has come to tell me I hit hard, but I don't really believe the hype, I am like a hybrid of Floyd and Paulie but at the AM level, I am all defense and speed and what I consider feather fists. But it does feel satisfying when you know you hurt someone, you can feel it, they give it away with their facial expression, their body language, a nod, or just the way your fist lands into the body or snaps their head back, it's one of the most satisfying things ever, that's when the hard work pays off, it's my only outlet for releasing my survival instincts I have no other way of venting since I left the miliary. Boxing is better than sex.

Comment

This thread is inviting posts for the bs of the week thread in the lounge.

Comment

I've never KOd anyone in the ring, but in sparring I once landed an overhand right that nearly took the guys chin off. If it were in a bout it would've classed as a stoppage as the guys legs were completely gone.

It was no great technique from myself, in fact the bloke was getting the better of me, he came in with his right and I put my head down and threw an overhand right. He walked straight on to it, and the only way I can describe it was that I knew I couldn't of hit him any better. It's the best shot I ever threw. Instantly his legs went and his gloves touched down. He sprang straight back up but his corner ended the round early. If I'd been wearing 12oz gloves instead of the 16oz (they felt like 18oz) I have no doubt he'd been KOd.

To answer the question, to land such a perfect shot feels unbelievable, and gives you a great sense of confidence.

Comment

It feels Great! No offense but its a................Stupid question. Ray.

Comment

Originally posted by #1Assassin View Post
                  yeah, if someone is asking for it thats different. i was talking about guys who go into sparring trying to knock everyone out when its not called for, those are the guys asking for it as well. when someone does that and you put a nice body shot on him just to kind of say "wrong dude, man" and he gets the message, that is rather satisfying. but again, those are the gym douchebags and you dont really have a choice but to put those guys in their place.

A prime example would be James Kirkland. Have you guys seen some of his sparring sessions on youtube where he has some no namer out on his feet and he's still wailing at him with lethal shots? Classless.

Comment

Working...
                  X