Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Roger Mayweather: "Pacquiao Needs To KO Bradley In Rematch To Qualify For Mayweather"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roger Mayweather: "Pacquiao Needs To KO Bradley In Rematch To Qualify For Mayweather"

Article from here...

By Alex Groberman, Tue, December 03, 2013

Manny Pacquiao says he wants to fight Floyd Mayweather Jr. If that is true, then he theoretically should be willing to meet his arch rival’s terms. Prior to this past week, Mayweather Jr.’s terms were a bit unclear. First he wanted a specific type of extremely rigorous performance-enhancing drug testing. Then he wanted the vast majority of the fight purse. Then he wanted all of the pay-per-view money that would come from a bout versus Pacquiao. And each time, he never quite made it clear what he was willing to budge on, and what was set in stone.

Thankfully, Roger Mayweather has cleared things up. Mayweather Jr.’s uncle spoke with Hustle Boss recently and laid things out in very understandable, very specific terms: Pacquiao needs to prove that he deserves a shot at the pound-for-pound king.

The Mayweather clan seems to acknowledge that Pacquiao defeated Brandon Rios in dominant fashion last week. However, they don’t think Rios was a worthy foe. They think Pacquiao needs a step up in competition before he qualifies to take on the king of the hill.

“He can fight Bradley; that’s a good fight for him,” Roger Mayweather said. “Timothy Bradley is a good fight for him. I think he’s going to give Pacquiao problems anyways. The thing of it is, hey, it’s going to be a good fight. One way or the other it’s still a good fight.

“And people are going to point to that as a thing to fight Floyd,” he continued. “That’s the kind of bout that would bring Pacquiao back. Because Timothy Bradley’s got a good name.”

So fight and beat Bradley – that’s what would earn Pacquiao a shot at Mayweather Jr.? Not exactly.

“Obviously he’d have to stop the guy in order for [people] to say ‘you got a chance with Floyd,’” Roger Mayweather added.

Oh.

So in order to earn a shot at Mayweather Jr., Pacquiao would have to do something he hasn’t done since 2009, and aside from one sucker punch against Victor Ortiz, Mayweather Jr. hasn’t done since 2007.

Well, that makes sense.

hahaha then after he knock bradley then what? donate more than 400cc of blood in 1 day?

Comment

I don't remember Roger being shook before. What gives?

Comment

I think he just wants him to look good to really hype the fight up. If they fight Khan though after making Pacquiao have requirements then they might be going crazy.

Comment

Sometimes I literally can't believe what I'm reading. These idiots never wanted to fight Pacquiao. At least before they had an excuse, that Manny might be doping. Now they're so transparent it's sickening. Floyd's a great fighter, but this is just embarassing.

Comment

Provo couldn't KO a Bradley who was concussed in the first round for the whole fight.

And wtf is up with all this talk now?
            Is he really talking crap about what people need to do to deserve a Mayweather fight?

Comment

what about beating julio diaz? will that do???

Comment

I never try to let my dislike for a fighter or his camp Interfere with making logical non biased posts, but Mayweather and his camp make It extremely difficult. So now the Pacquiao Mayweather fight hinges on Pacquiao knocking Tim Bradley out. Come on now, even the hardcore Mayweather fans have to feel that this excuse Is over the top.

Comment

Originally posted by shade darkar View Post
                  what about beating julio diaz? will that do???
                  Shawn Porter is next

Comment

Roger is just saying this ****. He doesn't speak for Floyd.

Comment

Working...
                    X