No announcement yet.

Lomachenko said in his last interview that he needed to improve his defense

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lomachenko said in his last interview that he needed to improve his defense

and I was like what the heck is this guy on, last I remember he didn't even get hit against Rocky Martinez and it was a display of master boxing.

The I am like Loma's one of the smartest and most down to earth guy.

So I watched his last fight in slow motion here:

and he did get hit quite a bit for his standards by a fighter that shouldn't have touched him much if at all.

I swear though when I was watching the fight in real time I didn't see him getting hit more than 3, 4 times.

watched the first round, that was cool ****, glad they put music to it so we don't have to hear the commentating slowed down. People knock slow mo like it changes the footage, it enhances it, you get to see better the feints and stutter steps and everything that sets up the offense. Anyway, Loma got tagged some in the fight, his face was marked up if I recall, but he's a pressure fighter, even when he's not throwing punches he's making his presence known...being on the front foot, you're gonna get hit. Maybe he should've been hit less, I guess that depends solely on how you rate the opponent and the style of the match played out.

Comment

Martinez hit him with nearly 30% of his power punches so that might be what he was referring to. Not a terrible figure but Loma strikes me as a perfectionist and I respect him for wanting to improve all aspects, and not being afraid to admit it.

Problem is, the harder you throw the more you open yourself up. He finally displayed some power in the last fight but that's also why he got hit more. It's a delicate balance.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
        Martinez hit him with nearly 30% of his power punches so that might be what he was referring to. Not a terrible figure but Loma strikes me as a perfectionist and I respect him for wanting to improve all aspects, and not being afraid to admit it.

Problem is, the harder you throw the more you open yourself up. He finally displayed some power in the last fight but that's also why he got hit more. It's a delicate balance.
        Perfect words spoken. He is becoming more offense orientated and sitting down on some punches. That will open his guard some. It is all about balance.

Comment

Just saying he needs to be more complete in which he can be!

Has the footwork and technique to do it but unfortunately it won't make him easy on the eyes for the casuals!

I think he'll be more defensively responsible in this fight since Walters can crack and is very good at timing with his punches!

That said, he does have more power than I originally thought so in this fight if he lands and air on a punch I think he can deck Walters!

Can't wait, respect to both warriors in an era of cherry pickers and businessmen!

Comment

Yeah I think he'd be much better defensively against Walters, I mean he has to be.

Comment

Good, smart fighters are dedicated to their sport and that is part of why they are so good. Fighters like Canelo, Ward, Loma, GGG and Kovalev among others are always trying to improve their skills.

Comment

Lomachenko's body is long and he has no waist movement, that's why his only defense against Salido's body attack was clinching him every few seconds.....his defense is ordinary considering how bad it is against body shots, so its good for him to get better at it.

Comment

Working...
                X