Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Floyd Ruin chance of PAC fight, by using PED accusations as delaying tactic?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is manny a child? Sticks and stones....wait I thought that it is now fact that Arum was avoiding this fight like the plague to keep the hype alive.

I don't care to see this fight btw.

Comment

Originally posted by DPG View Post
      And I can surely see why someone who is in fact on PEDs would try to avoid a fighter asking for ODST
      Why agree to 14 days or 21 day cutoff or whatever then? What is pac going to juice the final couple weeks when training camp is winding down? Makes no sense.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
        Why agree to 14 days or 21 day cutoff or whatever then? What is pac going to juice the final couple weeks when training camp is winding down? Makes no sense.
        And now all of a sudden 2 years after, he's able to test with no cutoffs no problem? Pretty fishy.

Comment

He has a bit of a point considering everything was agreed upon by both camps it was about a done deal then came the sudden request of Olympic style testing which was pretty much u.unheard of at the time so yeah, plenty of blame on both sides.
          I'm headed to bed, but had to reply. This request didn't come out of the blue. It was agreed upon by both camps, then Team Manny backtracked. This is from December 09.

http://www.doghouseboxing.com/Benz/DHBenz1211b09.htm

Freddie Roach speaks on new Steroid Drug Tests for Manny Pacquiao and Floyd Mayweather Jr
          By Johnny Benz (Dec 11, 2009) Doghouse Boxing

If Manny Pacquiao vs. Floyd Mayweather Jr. for the proposed date of March 13th becomes official, both fighters will have to undergo rigorous drug testing leading up to the fight. According to report by ESPN, part of the contract has both sides agreeing to be subjected to Olympic-style drug testing that will include blood tests. The tests conducted on each fighter's blood samples will thoroughly be tested for steroids and other performance enhancing drugs or chemicals.

The blood samples will be tested at the U.S. Olympic testing center at UCLA, and each fighter will be subjected to more than one drug test over the weeks leading up to the event. Blood tests will stop one week before the fight.

According to ESPN's report, team Mayweather wanted the Olympic style drug testing clause added to the contract.

The highly respected and talented trainer for Pacquiao, Freddie Roach was quoted by the publication in regards to the drug tests being a stipulation in the contract. Roach stated: "Mayweather's side wanted it because the expert over there, Mayweather Sr., says Manny is on steroids to get bigger." Roach is certain that he and his fighter Pacquiao (who has already passed every drug test in his career so far) have nothing to hide. "I have no problem with the testing whatsoever," stated Roach.

Roach knows that his star pupil Pacquiao will pass the drug and blood tests with flying colors and feels that Mayweather's side is scared of Pacquiao and his power. "They can do whatever kind of drug testing they want," stated Roach to ESPN, adding: "They're scared of Manny and scared of his power. He'll pass any test in the world."

Chances of any illegal substances being found in the blood or urine samples of both fighters are slim... considering the rigorous testing they will be put through, sneaking some type of steroid or enhancement will be next to impossible and stupid to even try.

Neither Pacquiao or Mayweather have ever failed drug testing in the past.

For more Headlines and Free Online Videos,
          visit our homepage now.

Comment

He has a bit of a point considering everything was agreed upon by both camps it was about a done deal then came the sudden request of Olympic style testing which was pretty much u.unheard of at the time so yeah, plenty of blame on both sides.
            Except that this isn' true. The request didn't come out of nowhere all of a sudden, it was there the whole time. Roach is even on video saying that they would have no problem agreeing. Pacquiao fans need to stop spreading misinformation.

Comment

Originally posted by CONQUERING View Post
              I'm headed to bed, but had to reply. This request didn't come out of the blue. It was agreed upon by both camps, then Team Manny backtracked. This is from December 09.
              You beat me to it. Respect.

Comment

I used to post on that site forever, sadly it's awful now.

Also- TR originally sent the contract to Floyd to start negotiations, when Floyd saw that Pac had snuck in that 10 million pound penalty as some insurance, they negotiated some insurance for Floyd as far as a fair fight was concerned as well and blood testing was an option. Then **** hit the fan when Pac and Co. took back the negotiation- Probably on the advice of Arum.

Comment

It doesn't matter anymore if Floyd avoided Pacquiao in the past or not ... Floyd was mentioned by many as the "ducking guy" and that he was afraid of Pacquiao and a lot of stuff. However right now the one who's on a bad position is not Floyd, but Pacquiao.

After this terrible fight with Marquez (IMO Marquez won) Floyd called Pacquiao for a fight, and right now the ducking guy appears to be Pacquiao not Floyd, so actually there are not much options for Pacquiao right now other than fighting Floyd or Marquez. If he fights Floyd, even if he loses, at least he won't be a ducker. If he fights Marquez a lot depends on the decision of the fight. However if he fights Bradley or some other guy he will still be seen as a ducker for many, and for some others he will still be seen as a hyped boxer who couldn't beat a 38yo lightweight. And of course there will be people who will support him till the end, but that's another story.

Comment

Originally posted by Froghead99 View Post
                    So by now it has become clear that Floyd FINALLY wants to fight Pacquiao.

But, this has also proved that Floyd didn't want to fight Pac before PAC-JMM III happened. This should be obvious to everyone. After PAC-JMM III, Floyd's intense focus on PED testing and insinuations of PAC being on PEDS has basically vanished.

And Floyd appears to be pressuring TR and PAC, in a way that he never did previous to PAC-JMM III. Everyone agrees to this. This alone proves Floyd was never serious about fighting PAC.

But now that Floyd has finally become serious about fighting PAC, isn't it possible Floyd has poisoned the well by accusing PAC of taking PEDS as a tactic to duck the fight?

In fact, Floyd is demanding PAC drop his lawsuit before the fight can be made. So Floyds irresponsible and classless accusations are LITERALLY stopping the fight from happening, therefore Floyd's childish accusations that PAC is on PEDS is INDEED stopping the fight from happening.

IF the fight doesn't happen, Floyd is the only person to blame. If Floyd didn't repeatedly accuse PAC of being on PEDS, this lawsuit wouldn't be blocking the fight. If Floyd didn't didn't duck PAC for years waiting until the right time, FLoyd could've had an opportunity at making history. Floyd is the only person any sane, and unbiased person would blame.
                    I could have sworn Floyd booked May 5th 2 weeks before JMM got in Mannys ass (no bakla intended)...

Comment

It says in that article blood tests would stop a week before the fight so perhaps there was confusion or ignorance on the details of the actual drug tests.

Regardless i still believe both sides are to blame. Pac could have gave in more to floyds demands and floyd could have gave in more to pacs. Neither side bent over backwards to make the fight thats for sure.

Comment

Working...
                      X