No announcement yet.

Sparring with a wasp technique

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sparring with a wasp technique

Does anyone else do this? A few guys told me about it at the gym as a technique to use when you can't make it down or want to improve on particular skills.

It involves finding a wasp and putting it in the same, small room as you. Then treating it as your sparring partner.

It improves your reflexes and footwork for both offence and defence.

It's difficult to hit and moves randomly. At the same time it can quickly dart towards you and improve how good you are at switching to defence, turning it, etc.

I know a fly can be used but I find them far too quick. A wasp's movement is easier for me at the moment.

hahahahahahahahahahaha

Comment

I fight with 'em..... I had never heard of anybody else doing it..........Rockin'

Comment

Originally posted by Rockin' View Post
        I fight with 'em..... I had never heard of anybody else doing it..........Rockin'
        It seems obvious when you start doing it as there's no way you can train against that sort of movement and speed with a human sparring partner.

But I guess it's not something most people just think of doing.

We can't be the only ones?

Comment

Lol, if you were allergic to the stings I would assume you're defense would be ridiculous. Lol seems pretty cool if that's actually real even though I would never partake in that.

Comment

Not sure about you but, I'd be asking the fly to take the test.

Comment

Originally posted by Barnburner View Post
              Not sure about you but, I'd be asking the fly to take the test.

Comment

Working...
              X