Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should Pacquiao insist on rehydration clause if Spence fight is made?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

147 weigh-in, 154 fight night

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
      Morning of means nothing? Buddy, that's exactly when the rehydration clause comes in play. If Pacquiao puts in a 157 limit, it will be the morning of the fight, not actually the night of the fight.

So if Pacquiao insists on a rehydration clause, it will be par for course for Spence as he's been having that since the Brook fight.
      What if he put in 152 weight limit ?

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Wolf View Post
        He will not want random blood testing. Spence is an idiot if he agrees to fight him without it. I don't think he will ask for a rehydration limit.
        I think you have this equation backwards. If anyone should be insisting on extra ped testing, it’s Pac of Spence.

But to answer the question, no special weight restrictions

Comment

WW’s shouldn’t be weighing 165 on fight night. Rehydration clause to make it an actual WW fight.
          Not a Middle weight draining down to WW to have a size advantage because he actually lacks skills to compete.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
            Spence easily walks around at 175+, maybe even 180+. Should Manny insist on a rehydration clause so Spence can’t inflate higher than say 157 or so?

I fully support rehydration clauses for all fights, and this one in particular would make sense for Manny.
            ... rehydration clauses should be introduced by all sanctioning bodies...

Comment

Morning of means nothing. He can still pack on over ten pounds through the course of the day/evening. He won’t reveal his walk around weight, but he has to lose at least 20+ pounds for a fight. Crawford walks around at 177-180, and Spence looks bigger than him.

This is what pisses me off and WHY i think hydration clauses should be standard, sick and tired of fighters fighting 2 weight classes lower then were they SHOULD be.

Comment

no! "the bigger he is, the slower he is" - manny pacquiao.

Comment

He can ask for later weigh in or less than ten pounds over weight limit. When you are the A-side you can insist on exceptions. Look at Floyd and his three week TUE exception.
                  You specifically mentioned 157 pounds. Why are you mentioning less than ten pounds now?

Ask for a later weigh in then exactly what?

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
                    ... rehydration clauses should be introduced by all sanctioning bodies...
                    I like that idea. Some fighters will need to switch weight classes but everyone will be playing on the same field.

What I don’t like is what is happening now. The popular fighters are able to fight different versions of fighters than everyone else faces.

Comment

Originally posted by killakali View Post
                      What if he put in 152 weight limit ?
                      152 pound rehydration clause? Yeah, that's definitely not going to happen. Let's not be silly now.

He can very well ask for a ten pound rehydration clause if he wants. A five pound rehydration clause gets laughed at in negotiations and Haymon isn't going to try to kill his younger star.

Comment

Working...
                      X