Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Whyte was 'cleared' 3 days away, how come Canelo wasn't 'cleared' 78 days away?!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Whyte was 'cleared' 3 days away, how come Canelo wasn't 'cleared' 78 days away?!

Let's be realistic, if you're 'cleared' to fight, in any scenario, the ONLY justification from BBBoC means that they THOUGHT - given the findings - that NO HARM would come to Rivas...

that's the only logical explanation to ''clear'' a fighter just 3 days away, and is the reason why they thought Rivas didn't need to be notified.

so....

how come the grandmaster Canelo wasn't cleared 78 days away with a lower amount than Francisco Vargas....and Andy Foster said, ''and it was such a low amount and so far away from the fight we thought it would be ok.''

WAR CANELO!

yall make it too easy mayne!

Who said he was cleared 3 days away? The meetings was supposedly the day of the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by SplitSecond View Post
      Who said he was cleared 3 days away? The meetings was supposedly the day of the fight.
      Why did the WBC Suspend Whyte? Because there was no positive VADA sample or because they adhered by the UKAD sample? I guess it’s the same as the BJS situation, one agency pushed the needle

Comment

The only logical explanation is they covered it up for money.

/thread

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post

/thread
          But if Canelo is the cash cow in Vegas and “protected” including scorecards then how come his Clen trace wasn’t non-disclosed if it was 78 days away, half of Vargas’ trace that was 45 days away. Andy Foster said he was “consulted” that it was a low amount.

Only idiots think that VADA has no influence for hypothesis on adverse findings. They would be useless. They are the SPECIFC people whom give and consult to the commissions ffs. This is common sense.

So why was Vargas brushed under the rug?
          Last edited by Thuglife Nelo; 07-31-2019, 05:20 AM.

Comment

/thread
            No, man. They seem to have followed procedure it's just the procedures were in this case lead to a wildly innapropriate outcome. Due process is designed to make sure there hasn't been any deviations in the collection procedure or that there isn'yt a TUE in place or any other innocent factor that could reasonably explain the finding before it is disseminated - ie to protect the rights of the testee until an offense is clearly established... like the police checking that an accusation is even plausible before hauling someone in.

Problem is the timing here meant that left the opponent Rivas in a situation where he stepped into the ring whilst there still may have been doubt over whether Whyte had been doping or not, which to my mind is completely unacceptable.

My take is that the UKAD regulations and insistence on following proper procedure might be reasonable for the vast majority of the other sports which they oversee... in general making sure that all the 'i's are dotted and 't's crossed makes sense before deciding how to proceed... in a sport like cycling or swimming or tennis the worst that can happen is a dude is allowed to compete pending full investigation and then gets stripped later. In boxing however, where a guy could be permanently injured or even killed as a result a different policy is called for to my mind.

There is a good reason for due process to be followed, but to my mind it should never trump fighter safety. I can understand the anger this has generated but I'd say allegations of corruption are probably premature.

Comment

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
              No, man. They seem to have followed procedure it's just the procedures were in this case lead to a wildly innapropriate outcome. Due process is designed to make sure there hasn't been any deviations in the collection procedure or that there isn'yt a TUE in place or any other innocent factor that could reasonably explain the finding before it is disseminated - ie to protect the rights of the testee until an offense is clearly established... like the police checking that an accusation is even plausible before hauling someone in.

Problem is the timing here meant that left the opponent Rivas in a situation where he stepped into the ring whilst there still may have been doubt over whether Whyte had been doping or not, which to my mind is completely unacceptable.

My take is that the UKAD regulations and insistence on following proper procedure might be reasonable for the vast majority of the other sports which they oversee... in general making sure that all the 'i's are dotted and 't's crossed makes sense before deciding how to proceed... in a sport like cycling or swimming or tennis the worst that can happen is a dude is allowed to compete pending full investigation and then gets stripped later. In boxing however, where a guy could be permanently injured or even killed as a result a different policy is called for to my mind.

There is a good reason for due process to be followed, but to my mind it should never trump fighter safety. I can understand the anger this has generated but I'd say allegations of corruption are probably premature.
              “Due process” he failed a blood test! They should test both samples together if they use two samples, but someone even posted an article on here last week from last year WADA saying they were planning on getting rid of the B sample because it’s a waste of money (it never exonerates anyone.)

And what on earth do you need to have wrong with you to get a TUE for ****ing DBol?

Comment

“Due process” he failed a blood test! They should test both samples together if they use two samples, but someone even posted an article on here last week from last year WADA saying they were planning on getting rid of the B sample because it’s a waste of money (it never exonerates anyone.)

And what on earth do you need to have wrong with you to get a TUE for ****ing DBol?
                Well indeed - but procedures don't work like that, you don't pick and choose whether or not you follow protocol depending on which drug was involved - you still need to make sure you haven't fucked up the test in some way or made some other obvious blunder before you go telling everyone dude's a cheat...

Except in this case the safety of the opposing fighter should absolutely have taken priority IMO.

Anyway - whilst I agree that the procedure is wrong, or at least perhaps inappropriate for combat sports - I'm not actually getting the accusations of corruption. At least, not based upon the information we have so far. Don't get me wrong, I virtually expect corruption from everyone in this damn sport, but I ain't gonna go jumping the gun when there is an alternative explanation...

What's that saying - yeah - Hanlon's razor... "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."

Comment

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
                  but I'd say allegations of corruption are probably premature.
                  Corruption is how VADA and the WBC worked together to defame Canelo Alvarez. Notice the pattern that VADA has the luxury to be quiet publicly in many investigations including this one? VADA didn’t say anything to defend Canelo Alvarez when Margaret Goodman herself acknowledged meat contamination for Clen in Al Bernstein’s video podcast.

She also consulted Andy Foster that Vargas was good to go with his fight against Salido. All these circumstances are documented and available online.

Canelo Alvarez went against the most prestigious icon in boxing - the WBC. That’s a Mexican commodity, so how do you think the WBC responded? They made a big deal about his nano trace 78 days away when no other Mexican boxers are tested that far out, and again, Vargas was exonerated. It was a personal grudge for Mauricio Suleiman and Canelo.

Mauricio knows what he did was wrong. Why do you think there’s a Franchise status? This is common sense.

Regarding Whyte. We should all agree that Hearn was insecure for the fight to be cancelled and another one of his fighters (after Miller) too popped 3 days away. VADA didn’t collect a positive sample so realistically I don’t see why they are even involved except for cross referencing theory for UKAD’s sample.

The real problem is Team Rivas and their lawsuit. it is a genuine scandal...

What’s worse, the BBBoC has to justify why there was no threat to Rivas when the entire world said “what if something happens to GGG. Golovkin could sue the commission...” etc... all for a nano trace 78 days away. Contador won his race for a sample collected 2 days prior to his win and the following day was negative, like an exact Jon Jones flop.

Does anybody really think GGG was in danger?

Fuuck VADA and the WBC and the BBBoC

Comment

Originally posted by I'm Widdit! View Post
                    Corruption is how VADA and the WBC worked together to defame Canelo Alvarez. Notice the pattern that VADA has the luxury to be quiet publicly in many investigations including this one? VADA didn’t say anything to defend Canelo Alvarez when Margaret Goodman herself acknowledged meat contamination for Clen in Al Bernstein’s video podcast.

She also consulted Andy Foster that Vargas was good to go with his fight against Salido. All these circumstances are documented and available online.

Canelo Alvarez went against the most prestigious icon in boxing - the WBC. That’s a Mexican commodity, so how do you think the WBC responded? They made a big deal about his nano trace 78 days away when no other Mexican boxers are tested that far out, and again, Vargas was exonerated. It was a personal grudge for Mauricio Suleiman and Canelo.

Mauricio knows what he did was wrong. Why do you think there’s a Franchise status? This is common sense.

Regarding Whyte. We should all agree that Hearn was insecure for the fight to be cancelled and another one of his fighters (after Miller) too popped 3 days away. VADA didn’t collect a positive sample so realistically I don’t see why they are even involved except for cross referencing theory for UKAD’s sample.

The real problem is Team Rivas and their lawsuit. it is a genuine scandal...

What’s worse, the BBBoC has to justify why there was no threat to Rivas when the entire world said “what if something happens to GGG. Golovkin could sue the commission...” etc... all for a nano trace 78 days away. Contador won his race for a sample collected 2 days prior to his win and the following day was negative, like an exact Jon Jones flop.

Does anybody really think GGG was in danger?

Fuuck VADA and the WBC and the BBBoC
                    Nano traces, huh? You cheeky lil revisionist! And to mention Contador in the same breath! Anyways, good luck with your mission, man, but I'm off on my hols

Comment

Working...
                    X