Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What does the WBC's Ruling Mean For Canelo Alvarez vs Demetrius Andrade Undisputed??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nehnenqui View Post
    I don’t think anybody knows what this Franchise crap means in terms of undisputed right now.

If it took away Canelo’s chance for undisputed I can’t imagine him not trashing the WBC though.

If Canelo doesn’t say anything about it then I doubt it affects anything.

If somehow it does strip Canelo of a unifiable title then PBC must’ve paid a s**t ton of money to the WBC to sever their relationship with Canelo, which is what they’d be doing.
    According to reports Canelo mutually agreed, which means he knows about it.
    Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
    There is no undisputed now because Canelo is no longer the WBC champ and the franchise champ can't be contested
    Yea I believe this is the most accurate information right now.
    Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
    To be undisputed he does. Same for Andrade, if he beats Canelo, he wins the Diamond title at best.
    What type of sense would that make tho? Hypothetically speaking so if Canelo wanted to be undisputed he would have to beat a guy he essentially just gave a belt to?
    Originally posted by Murcielago View Post
    I don't think the WBC Franchise Title can be won in the ring. If Canelo loses to Andrade (if they ever fight), he'd still be the WBC Franchise Champion.
    Yep, also most accurate from the way it sounds!
    Originally posted by killakali View Post
    He’s still recognized as the wbc champ fam. WHEN he fights Andrade they gonna call it undisputed broski. Sorry to break the news.
    Maybe amongst the people, but in terms of what's written in history I don't think they will.
    Originally posted by killakali View Post
    IT is actually. This website just made a story about Ronnie shields crying about the news and the story says Canelo can unify the wbc belt. Sorry fam.
    Unless you're talking about a different article.. The one I read said they still recognize him as a champion --yea "franchise champion." Which isn't unifiable & even if you beat Canelo doesn't mean you'll be the franchise champ like him lol. It's like the WBC gave Canelo a Canelo belt for being Canelo. #ImmunityBelt

Comment

Originally posted by MPDKSAB View Post
      According to reports Canelo mutually agreed, which means he knows about it.

Yea I believe this is the most accurate information right now.

What type of sense would that make tho? Hypothetically speaking so if Canelo wanted to be undisputed he would have to beat a guy he essentially just gave a belt to?

Yep, also most accurate from the way it sounds!

Maybe amongst the people, but in terms of what's written in history I don't think they will.

Unless you're talking about a different article.. The one I read said they still recognize him as a champion --yea "franchise champion." Which isn't unifiable & even if you beat Canelo doesn't mean you'll be the franchise champ like him lol. It's like the WBC gave Canelo a Canelo belt for being Canelo. #ImmunityBelt
      So, essentially, Canelo was stripped of the WBC "real" belt and got the Franchise belt with the real belt going to Charlo. What if Canelo fights and beats Charlo, what then? Is he going to be some sort of WBC Full Franchise Unified 160 Champion? Will they this time let him lose the 'real' belt in the ring vs in a board room?

Comment

Bump bump 😏😏

Comment

If Canelo is beaten at middleweight, whomever beats him becomes WBC Diamond Champion, not WBC Champion.

So Canelo is not the WBC Champion anymore and "Franchise Champion" is a meaningless distinction the WBC made up so as to not hurt Canelo's feelings by stripping him or going through the embarrassment of Canelo throwing their belt away again if they tried to enforce a mandatory against him.

Comment

Originally posted by MPDKSAB View Post
            Idk if I'm interpreting this wrong but it appears now if Canelo fights Andrade next it will not be for #allthebelts due to the WBC's corruption.
            ?

Canelo wasn't willing to fight the interim champion. Whose fault is that?

Comment

It means Canelo is no longer WBC middleweight champ. If he gets the other belts, Charlo is still the WBC middleweight champ, so he ain't undisputed. Stupid as that is.

This new thing they created has no weight class or mandatory. It's not a world title. It's like they tried to copy the WBA Super Title, but went too far. He's basically the WBC Emeritus Champ, but under a new name.
              Last edited by paulf; 07-03-2019, 05:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Murcielago View Post
                So, essentially, Canelo was stripped of the WBC "real" belt and got the Franchise belt with the real belt going to Charlo. What if Canelo fights and beats Charlo, what then? Is he going to be some sort of WBC Full Franchise Unified 160 Champion? Will they this time let him lose the 'real' belt in the ring vs in a board room?
                Well technically in that scenario he can't "lose" the real belt in the ring because he would have won lol
                Originally posted by DARTH SILKWORMS View Post
                ?

Canelo wasn't willing to fight the interim champion. Whose fault is that?
                Idk, Canelo? GBP? The WBC? Maybe a combination of the three.

Comment

Working...
                X