Welterweight Tournament

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welterweight Tournament

Welterweight Tournament

Ok guys first post on this thing so go easy!

Thurman vs Vargas
    Crawford vs Khan
    (Quarter winners fight in semi)

Spence vs Garcia
    Porter vs Matthysse/Jamal James
    (Quarter winners fight)

Winners of both semis go head to head

Tuneups for Khan and Keith have been done in this scenario.
    How do you see this one playing out?
    Last edited by solid_jab1987; 01-23-2018, 05:45 PM. Reason: Spacing

Really...this is what you wanna go with as your first post huh?

Comment

That is correct, why not?

Comment

Because you've been registered for over 4 years. And you broke your silence for............................................... ............that?

Comment

See this is the reason I've stuck to reading rather than posting. So far I've had two responses neither of which constructively deal with the content of the post in question. It shouldn't baffle me but it does...

Comment

Originally posted by solid_jab1987 View Post
            Welterweight Tournament

Ok guys first post on this thing so go easy!

Thurman vs Vargas
            Crawford vs Khan
            (Quarter winners fight in semi)

Spence vs Garcia
            Porter vs Matthysse/Jamal James
            (Quarter winners fight)

Winners of both semis go head to head
            Thurman beats Vargas. Crawford schools Khan. Spence dominates Garcia. Porter beats up Matthysse. Crawford schools Thurman. Spence outpoints Porter but Porter makes him work like a dog for the decision as is his way. Spence and Crawford make for a good fight but Spence's size makes the difference.

Comment

I really wished there was a welterweight tournament that is analogous to the WSSB tournament that is already currently occurring in the curiser weight division where the best boxers in the division face each other and most of those boxers are undefeated and at their prime / peak. That's what boxing needs in general for not only the cruiser weight division but every weight division if possible.

Comment

Originally posted by yankees7448 View Post
                Thurman beats Vargas. Crawford schools Khan. Spence dominates Garcia. Porter beats up Matthysse. Crawford schools Thurman. Spence outpoints Porter but Porter makes him work like a dog for the decision as is his way. Spence and Crawford make for a good fight but Spence's size makes the difference.
                This.

Except I've seen Porter wobbled vs Thurman, and dropped vs Broner. Spence breaks him down, and stops him at some point. Helluva firefight tho!

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Objecitivity View Post
                  I really wished there was a welterweight tournament that is analogous to the WSSB tournament that is already currently occurring in the curiser weight division where the best boxers in the division face each other and most of those boxers are undefeated and at their prime / peak. That's what boxing needs in general for not only the cruiser weight division but every weight division if possible.
                  Agreed, and a Welterweight Tournament would be especially great given the depth of the division and general lack of willing for these guys to get it on. When was the last time Khan even fought at Welter...

Comment

Originally posted by FLY TY View Post
                    This.

Except I've seen Porter wobbled vs Thurman, and dropped vs Broner. Spence breaks him down, and stops him at some point. Helluva firefight tho!
                    Really fun fight to watch, neither guy would be backing down that's for sure! I got Spence

Comment

Working...
                    X