No announcement yet.

People thought ggg could actually compete with Ward, my god

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Metho_4u View Post
    Why? Then surely you must think it was absurd that last night's fight could've been made much earlier at say 157 right?
    Originally posted by GGG Gloveking View Post
    Last nights fight was between 2 MW champs. No need for a CW.
    Ok, you're being a hypocrite here. Ward should've met golovkin at 164, but meeting canelo at 157 was ABSOLUTELY out of the question right?

Ward had been out for years...and he shouldn't get a tune up first? Golovkin was about to fight lemieux next remember? So really time wouldn't have been an issue right?
    Your first question has been asked and answered.

Ward did have a tune up fight. It was June 25?, 2015 against Paul Smith. Also, the original mention of a fall 2015 fight was before the Lemieux fight was announced, and even according to Ward, he had no knowledge of that fight when he sent email in question. And I'm sorry Andre chose to fight in court rather than the ring, but GGG doesn't have time to put his career on hold for Ward to have tune ups.

Comment

Your first question has been asked and answered.

Ward did have a tune up fight. It was June 25?, 2015 against Paul Smith. Also, the original mention of a fall 2015 fight was before the Lemieux fight was announced, and even according to Ward, he had no knowledge of that fight when he sent email in question. And I'm sorry Andre chose to fight in court rather than the ring, but GGG doesn't have time to put his career on hold for Ward to have tune ups.
      It doesn't matter because golovkin wouldd never beat Ward....just wouldn't happen.

Comment

It doesn't matter because golovkin wouldd never beat Ward....just wouldn't happen.
        Thats why ward wanted to wait a year and have tune ups in between

Comment

That's a lot of words.

Didn't Ward send GGG an email offer for a 2016 fight at 168? So, I don't want to hear about weight, or Kovalev, or any of that. Just excuses
          So let me get this straight...your taking an event that allegedly happened, which is a back and fourth which nobody could possibly know about, email to this guy and to that guy, and not willing to look at the big picture? It doesnt matter what emails, or anecdotal events transpire, the common sense is there, Ward fought a superior opponent and a went to a division where he could fight regularly.

Fighting Kovalev is an excuse?

lol, your entitled to your opinion, who needs logical thinking anyway.

Comment

I think everyone knows Ward tax GGG. And I meant everyone. Including GGG and his team.

Comment

Thats why ward wanted to wait a year and have tune ups in between
              Right, so instead he went up a division and fought the top lhw right? Btw, when was golovkin gonna move up instead of waiting on LMWs to move up to him?

Comment

Originally posted by SplitSecond View Post
                Ward is one-handed. That has been very obvious majority of his career, or is he now not because he wobbled a tired kovalev with a right hand? He slaps with the right hand 90% of the time and ward has been hurt to the body before why cant golovkin hurt him to the body? One well placed bodyshot from golovkin can change a good bit. We are talking about the 168 ward not 175, and i'm not talking about this tired and slow golovkin, you seem to think this would be like a boy vs a man, like ward is 6'5, but again, golovkin is as good as the best ward has faced, if not better (intangibles and stamina better than kovalev).

But you can say whatever the hell you want, its a fantasy matchup, acting like golovkin literally stands no chance is far too stupid though, but do what you want.
                Ward is not a one handed fighter, you hardly qualified that. What body weakness is there a record of with Ward?

I evaluate fighters based on the skills they bring to the ring, and yes there are intangibles. I think Canelo, despite losing in a somewhat predictable fashion, "intangibly" put on a hell of a performance last night. If Canelo had the stamina to land cleanly for 3 minutes of a round and could inititate more exchanges he might have even actually won more rounds and made it interesting.

But what we know is the skill sets. Golovkin is unorthdox, as good defense and foot speed and can crack with either hand, but thats where it ends for him. Ward can also crack with either hand, is better defensively, a more accurate puncher, with less power, and then theres this whole other dimension of Ward fighting so well from all ranges. The proof is in the pudding, look at not only who Ward beat, but how he did it... Golovkan is nowhere near that level, he has not fought guys nearly as talented, and he has not been able to outclass a tough fighter like Canelo or Jacops...its in the coffee grounds!

Look at how ward set up Kovalev with a big punch when Ward is not a big puncher and moving up in weight, look at how he used a hook over Dawson's guard, to beat Dawson so fast, and look at how good fighters like Froch could not get to Ward. Who has triple G outclassed on that level? He beat Canelo for what it is worth... Ward used a left hook over Dawson's glove, a totally different strategy and punch than the punch he beat Kovlev with... He can also beat you to the body if need be. Adjustments based on the opposition, thats skills and greatness when it can be done to a fellow great fighter,
                Last edited by billeau2; 09-17-2017, 12:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
                  So let me get this straight...your taking an event that allegedly happened, which is a back and fourth which nobody could possibly know about, email to this guy and to that guy, and not willing to look at the big picture? It doesnt matter what emails, or anecdotal events transpire, the common sense is there, Ward fought a superior opponent and a went to a division where he could fight regularly.

Fighting Kovalev is an excuse?

lol, your entitled to your opinion, who needs logical thinking anyway.
                  What alleged incident and anecdotal evidence are you talking about? We have knowledge from both sides involved about the email. GGG wanted fall 2015 at 164. Ward wanted mid 2016 at 168. Could Ward not gain those 4 lbs in the 6 or 7 months between those two dates? At the time, Hunter said they had unfinished business at 168. I don't remember hearing hardly anything about Ward and Kovalev until fall 2015.

Comment

Right, so instead he went up a division and fought the top lhw right? Btw, when was golovkin gonna move up instead of waiting on LMWs to move up to him?
                    Fall 2015. He was going to move up to 164, but Andre wanted tune ups instead

Comment

Fall 2015. He was going to move up to 164, but Andre wanted tune ups instead
                      Yeah, then make the jump 2 whole lbs for Froch at 166! A real risk taker huh? Gtfoh with that ducking ass bull****.

Comment

Working...
                      X