Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

IS it considered a duck if the opponent?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
    Rigo has done nothing to deserve a fight unless he want to fight for free. The guy isn't active. It takes two to sell and build a fight. Rigo isn't doing his part. Frampton or LSC can fight Rigo and sell out the arena and not one ticket will be sold to come watch Rigo. But Rigo would still want a high purse. I don't care how skilled Rigo is. He stunk up the joint on the Canelo/Cotto undercard then he was given a fight and couldn't get a passport at the last minute. Finally got the fight and he has nothing else lined up. He's down to one fight a year. He's not doing his part to build up and sell the fight. He don't deserve shit! He was turning down fights left and right that's why he got stripped. I have no sympathy for Rigo.
    I guess you think the same in the Lara-GGG situation.

Lara's manager: "Lara commands a lot of money"
    Gets paid 1 million to fight Canelo.

Unless you consider being a twitter warrior "doing his part to sell the fight".

Comment

Originally posted by jmrf4435 View Post
      "canelo fought lara.... nonito fought rigo..."

Frampton will not, nor will valdev or santa cruz, donaire is irrelevant now.

Lara was a mistake on the Caneo team. Everyone thinks less of Canelo for that fight
      lmfao I can tell you just a troll, or some porta potty makeshift raft ass cuban.

why?

CAUSE YDKSAB

Comment

Lemieux who is less known than Lara got paid over $1.5 million, Lara didn't say what they want and Golovkins side has never made an offer. All this bullshit talk of Lara pricing himself out is just that BULLSHIT.

Comment

Originally posted by _Maxi View Post
          Canelo was in the same division than Lara, and payed him just 1 million.

Lara's manager: "Lara commands a lot of money".

They want a fat check to face GGG. Not gonna happen.
          Why so sensitive?? I didnt even mention ggg, canelo fought lara when he didnt have to, lara was already signed to fight ishe smith...

Comment

Originally posted by _Maxi View Post
            I guess you think the same in the Lara-GGG situation.

Lara's manager: "Lara commands a lot of money"
            Gets paid 1 million to fight Canelo.

Unless you consider being a twitter warrior "doing his part to sell the fight".
            Has Lara stopped fighting and gotten stripped or is Lara active? Lara's job is to fight and win. He's not a promoter. He's holding up his end of the bargain. Rigo was turning down fights and got stripped and then complained everybody is ducking him. There's a difference between fighting and just not able to cross over and not fighting at all.

Comment

Yes.

GGG has fought plenty of bums and average fighters, so there's no excuse to duck someone for financial reasons unless he thinks that person is too hard to beat.

Comment

Originally posted by Isaac Clarke View Post
                Lemieux who is less known than Lara got paid over $1.5 million, Lara didn't say what they want and Golovkins side has never made an offer. All this bullshit talk of Lara pricing himself out is just that BULLSHIT.
                which one has a belt at MW?

when has Lara sold out a crowd by himself like Lemiux does?

are you mentally handicapped?

Comment

Originally posted by HeadShots View Post
                  which one has a belt at MW?

when has Lara sold out a crowd by himself like Lemiux does?

are you mentally handicapped?
                  He is. He didn't find out yet and I doubt he ever will.

Comment

"GGG has fought plenty of bums and average fighters, so there's no excuse to duck someone for financial reasons unless he thinks that person is too hard to beat."

Let's use berterbiev for example, NO light heavyweights are trying to fight him. He has no Market value in the US and nobody knows who he is. Even though he has the talent, and is as deserving as any of Ward or KOv opponents, he just makes no financial sense

Comment

Originally posted by icha View Post
                      canelo fought lara.... nonito fought rigo...
                      ^^^this

to make the fights work, a star fighter can take the chance, on shorter money, to push for big fights.

K2 seems to ignore that fact when it comes to Golovkin. Likely because he's already 34 years old (where losing a tough fight could set Golovkin back more time than he has left), but that's just me guessing

Comment

Working...
                      X