Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Crawford's Unfinished Business at 140...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crawford vs Broner is the only fight left for either man at 140. Other than that. It's move up time. I agree two more fights at 140 for bud. Broner and the ibf champion

The money fights and the glory is at 147

Comment

Originally posted by GMAN SUPREME View Post
      crawford's challenge right now is not to drop the soap.
      Originally posted by aldo5408 View Post
      Someone said Crawford should fight Broner in prison

Imo theres nothing more for Crawford at 140 other that the Pac fight if they are willing to do at that that weight. Broner and Barthelemy would be good fights but one thing I see from the Postol fight, is bud would easy through both.

The one fight that would've been intriguing at 140 would be bud against the previous 140 linear champ, Danny G but he can't make the weight no more so they can meet at 147 to decide who would've been the better 140 linear champ.

Comment

The guys I'd most like to see Crawford fight at 140 are Felix Diaz and Frankie Gomez

Comment

Originally posted by -KULT- View Post

Imo theres nothing more for Crawford at 140 other that the Pac fight if they are willing to do at that that weight. Broner and Barthelemy would be good fights but one thing I see from the Postol fight, is bud would easy through both.

The one fight that would've been intriguing at 140 would be bud against the previous 140 linear champ, Danny G but he can't make the weight no more so they can meet at 147 to decide who would've been the better 140 linear champ.
          I don't understand this thinking at all. Postol is a stiff upright guy who boxes in straight lines and relies on being faster than his opponent and using reach and movement to make them reach and miss to exploit the openings.

Broner is a lightening quick counter puncher with real one punch power and a granite chin. He's excellent up close and from distance. Crawford gets hit and Broner is far better than anyone he's fought recently. Really want to see this one.

Barthelemy is one of the nicest boxers to watch in the entire sport. He has every asset to his game imaginable. He is almost impossible to catch clean and has real range and speed. He is great up close, a switch hitter and a puncher.

I can't understand not wanting these fights or see how the Postol fight could factor in at all. These would be huge legacy fights for Crawford.

Comment

Originally posted by bluebeam View Post
            Crawford vs Broner is the only fight left for either man at 140. Other than that. It's move up time. I agree two more fights at 140 for bud. Broner and the ibf champion

The money fights and the glory is at 147
            What about this Sergey Lipinets guy???

That will be a good fight at 140 in a few months.

Comment

Fighting Broner coming off a humiliating Granados loss does nothing for Crawford.

We'll probably see Crawford vs Bradley or Vargas in 2017.

Comment

I don't see much appeal in Crawford vs Broner and if that's a competitive fight for Crawford, like you're suggesting, that's bad news for Crawford as Broner has shown a ceiling much lower than I think many see Crawford capable of. I understand the name brand appeal Broner has so fair enough I guess if they fight him for that reason.

I don't see anything for Crawford at 140. Troya was the only guy I really cared to see him against and I wasn't that excited about that but now that he got blasted in a round I don't see anything at 140 that gets me excited. Hopefully Crawford moves to 147 as I think he makes that division all the more interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by PivotandRoll View Post
                  I don't understand this thinking at all. Postol is a stiff upright guy who boxes in straight lines and relies on being faster than his opponent and using reach and movement to make them reach and miss to exploit the openings.

Broner is a lightening quick counter puncher with real one punch power and a granite chin. He's excellent up close and from distance. Crawford gets hit and Broner is far better than anyone he's fought recently. Really want to see this one.

Barthelemy is one of the nicest boxers to watch in the entire sport. He has every asset to his game imaginable. He is almost impossible to catch clean and has real range and speed. He is great up close, a switch hitter and a puncher.

I can't understand not wanting these fights or see how the Postol fight could factor in at all. These would be huge legacy fights for Crawford.
                  Did you mistaken Barthelemy with Rigodeaux? I don't see him as almost impossible to catch fighter but instead a strong willed brawler who throw wicked punches in bunches. Crawford doesn't have to trade with him but just run and box like he did Postol and Molina and he will coast through.

I laughed when you mention Broner having a granite chin. He may have a good whisker but Maidana and Porter had him doing the boogie dance.

I don't mind Crawford-Broner just cus I get to see broner get humiliated again. Other than the pac fight, it may be the biggest fight that can be made at 140 monetary wise. They do nothing for crawford legacy except if they got themselves a belt and crawford can do a unification fight to be the undisputed champ.

Comment

Originally posted by PivotandRoll View Post
                    I seen people say that since there's no challenges left at 140 that Crawford should move up to 147.

I personally feel there are 2 fights that should happen before then.

First I think Crawford should fight Broner. I think it's a great competitive fight. Broner losses come to completely different styles to Crawford.

But the more important fight I feel should happen before he moves up is a fight with Rances Barthelemy. Rances is a two weight world champion that has more than proved his pedigree. Shafikov's recent win only cements how good Rances is.

So, would NSB be okay with Crawford not fighting a prime undefeated fighter in his weight to move up and fight an old Manny?
                    I'm almost pretty sure no one here wants to see broner fight anyone atm until he gets his head right.

I would like for Crawford to actually try to unify the division and wait for mikey to move up and get that fight. I want to see how good mikey really is and I think hes really good.

Comment

Working...
                    X