Collapse
No announcement yet.

100kg (225lbs) bench press challenege

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Man I have a **** bench. I've hit 100kg for 11. Compared to my squat (415) and my DL (525) my bench is complete and utter crap.

I don't even think I'll bench this year. Probably do decline and incline dumb bells 5x5 one day and hypertrophy work (6-9) the next chest session.
    Last edited by SkillspayBills; 01-03-2015, 03:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sterling Archer View Post
      isnt 225lbs the bench press weight that the NFL combine uses as the standard strength test?

Yes it's the standard used for world class athletes.

I'm not saying that 225 is some magical number, but it's more weight than 95% of the adult population could bench.

Comment

Originally posted by Rostov Papa View Post
        Never fails to amuse me how bench press is the equivalent of dick measuring among gym-noobs.

How about squat? deadlift? or power clean? These are much better indicators of raw strength.

Most guys who lift a lot of weights, especially the type who focus on "bench," have no stamina, are manlets, tiny wee short arms, and no flexibility. Basically - the type who are easiest victims in a fight.
        Bench is def overrated, but it's still very useful and is probably the best measure of upper body strength.

Comment

Originally posted by deliveryman View Post
          Yes it's the standard used for world class athletes.

I'm not saying that 225 is some magical number, but it's more weight than 95% of the adult population could bench.
          Try 99.5%

Plus very few people in the general population can bench their own weight.

Comment

About 2yrs ago at my strongest before I fell ill I was pushing 160kg for 2 reps with a spotter (including the bar) felt pretty proud of myself and then some juiced up gorilla came over and benched 200kg for 4 without even struggling and shattered my miserable effort

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
              Never tried to see how many times I can do 225, but that's my warm up weight. I usually do a couple sets of 12 and move up. Helps that i'm a bigger guy at 6'5 240 lbs.
              exactly people dont understand how ones size is a real big factor in these things.

wouldent be hard to believe a guy who is 6'5 240 cant lift 225 you know, lol.

im 5'11 180 and and I am able to do 10 reps and that a mission where as that your warm up, you a alot huger then me.

Originally posted by Hype job View Post
              Try 99.5%

Plus very few people in the general population can bench their own weight.
              im not saying that is not true but I doubt that, everyone I have ever worked out with was able to bench their own weight.

Comment

Working...
              X