Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is Mayweather waiting so long to secure his fights? Promotion takes a huge hit.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why is Mayweather waiting so long to secure his fights? Promotion takes a huge hit.

This dude is getting lazy. He's got his fat guarantee from Showtime so he doesn't feel the need to promote?

They couldn't even do a pre camp promo tour in his last fight because he waited so ****ing long. And he we are about the time when camp shall start again, and nothing is even signed in stone.

I don't get it.

Originally posted by Da Machine Doe View Post
    This dude is getting lazy. He's got his fat guarantee from Showtime so he doesn't feel the need to promote?

They couldn't even do a pre camp promo tour in his last fight because he waited so ****ing long. And he we are about the time when camp shall start again, and nothing is even signed in stone.

I don't get it.
    Good point and I don't either. Floyd needs to understand that a press tour is a necessary exspense even for him. He can not do it and still get his guarantee and sell 800-900k ppv's. That's really lazy on his part.

His act has grown stale so its not terrible that we don't have to hear the usual stuff. But he really needs to remember wat made him popular is the way he makes people want to see his fights. He really needs to modify his act-make it a little more grown up and leave the hood antics to Broner-and do a press tour. It would surely boost sales.

Espinoza should have made sure press tours were part of the guranteed contract.

Comment

$ $ $

People that wanna' watch Mayweather fight already know when he fights...Spend a ****load of money for some half-a** followers who may buy it ? Don't blow the Millions and that's the money you would have made anyway.

Comment

Yep, it doesnt make sense. It probably doesnt make sense, because it's a bad decision by everyone involved.

Anyway im conjecturing that Floyd isnt making much (if at all) on the back-end of the PPV money. He has his big guarantee and he knows that figure wont change much if he does or doesnt do the press tour, so he's not incentivised to do things the right way, at an optimum timeline. Thatd be Showtime's failure if that's the case, because Floyd made sure he did all his press tour's when he was with HBO.

Comment

The only thing I can think of is he doesn't feel the Maidana rematch is a big draw? Or the whole split from Golden Boy has caused the delay.

Comment

Working...
          X