Collapse
No announcement yet.

3 nightmare matchups of the past I think would of beat Mayweather

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I might be alone in this one, but I think a prime 154 Winky Wright would have given a good account of himself against Mayweather.

High guard, awkward, southpaw, constant stiff jabs and hard lefts.

I'd mention past legends...but c'mon...let's stop doing the obvious. :P

Comment

135 - Mayweather wins a close fought UD, mainly due to quicker hand speed and activity! A good jab causes Mayweather but with Sweet Pete's stance and style I don't see it troubling Mayweather. At 135 Floyd still was an offensive beast and still threw combinations 116-112 Mayweather!

135 - Can't see him beating Duran at 135, maybe at 147 but unlikely!

140 - Mayweather, Aaron Pryor to me is one of the most overrated fighters ever! His best wins were over aged and faded Cervantes and Arguello (controversially) shorter in reach and height, and slightly slower! I see Mayweather winning by UD or late TKO straight right would give Pryor hell

147 - Sugar Ray, I don't think that Ray would knock him out, but his activity alone would see him win a close fought UD, his habit of stealing rounds would win him the fight! I think it would be closer than people think and would merit a rematch 115-113 SRL

154 - Mayweather, I might be in the minority but I see Mayweather out boxing Terry and keeping him off balance with the straight right! If Floyd retained the mobility we seen against Guerrero at 154, then it would be easy work for him! 117-111 Mayweather

Comment

Originally posted by toshmurph View Post
        135 - Mayweather wins a close fought UD, mainly due to quicker hand speed and activity! A good jab causes Mayweather but with Sweet Pete's stance and style I don't see it troubling Mayweather. At 135 Floyd still was an offensive beast and still threw combinations 116-112 Mayweather!

135 - Can't see him beating Duran at 135, maybe at 147 but unlikely!

140 - Mayweather, Aaron Pryor to me is one of the most overrated fighters ever! His best wins were over aged and faded Cervantes and Arguello (controversially) shorter in reach and height, and slightly slower! I see Mayweather winning by UD or late TKO straight right would give Pryor hell

147 - Sugar Ray, I don't think that Ray would knock him out, but his activity alone would see him win a close fought UD, his habit of stealing rounds would win him the fight! I think it would be closer than people think and would merit a rematch 115-113 SRL

154 - Mayweather, I might be in the minority but I see Mayweather out boxing Terry and keeping him off balance with the straight right! If Floyd retained the mobility we seen against Guerrero at 154, then it would be easy work for him! 117-111 Mayweather

I respect the well thought out post and boxing knowledge but if a faded De La Hoya at 154 was able to have some success against May....the monster that Norris was at that weight without having to worry about getting knocked out by May would of dominated. He was a bigger, better, smarter version of Judah with a chip on his shoulder

Comment

There's no Mayweather in ANY universe that is going to beat the Duran of this one.

Ya'll are high as **** or something.

Floyd is great, no doubt, but not Roberto Duran great. There are only about 5-10 fighters EVER that are at that level.

Comment

147. Margarito would had knock Maywaether if Floyd hasn't duck him.
            147. Trinidad by brutal knockout.

Every great boxer from the past knocks Floyd out, Floyd won't even fight the best fighters from his generation, he has bed ducking the best competition since the second Castillo fight and don't forget that on old rusty past it'd prime Shane Mosley almost knock him out in the second round, Floyd is the most overrated boxer ever, **** he won't even fight Canelo who is just a 22 year old kid.

Comment

Originally posted by Almondsand View Post

Based off his boxing IQ and skills he displayed, as well as he is pretty much impossible to guage as he doesn't approach all the same fights in the same manner. He much more versatile than any fighter that existed if you actually pay attention. Also a lot of people underrate his intangibles, such as his chin, IQ, stamina, will to win and withstand.. when he has shown he has those in supreme order.
              Lol, so based on which one of Floyds fights gives you a clear vision of Mayweather beating Duran, Leanord, Hearns?

still waiting....

Comment

the Margarito and Cotto that fought each other in 08, both beat Floyd. its no coincidence he retired just before they fought.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by daggum
                  Quote:

Originally Posted by ElMeroChingon

Lmao!!!!

Who has Mayweather fought, what fights make it THIS^^^^ clear to you?

IMAGE#1

Kids say the darness things.

guerrero, ortiz, baldomir etc...all the greats of this era
                  pssshhh... you are completely underrating them. they are greats of any era.

Comment

Originally posted by MurkaMan
                    Quote:

Originally Posted by ab4life

There are 3 guys I firmly believe would have beaten Mayweather in some of the weightclasses he has touched. Feel free to add or subtract if you disagree

135- pernell Whitaker- reflexes just as fast if not faster than May's but better defensively as well as being more indept at fighting from close range. Great fight with pernell getting the Majority decision

140- Aaron Prior- really good power/ speed with great ability to absorb punishment along with a non stop hurricane fighting style. Would be a closer fight with Mayweather being forced to dig deep to a possible late stoppage loss (my opinion...don't hit me )

147- Sugar Ray Leonard- closer fight than many would think with Leanord coming out victorious. Leonard had great speed of hand and foot that was matched by his ring IQ along with knockout power. UD Leonard

154- Terry Norris- strangely this is the fight I'm most sure about partly do to 154 not being Mays ideal weight but also do to Norris's great skill and having recently marveled at his skill in his fight with Curry. Along with this I don't see May having the power to worry Norris. Win Terry Norris 9th round Tko

I Floyd would Humiliate SRL and Arron Pryor. Floyd's footwork would have him pouncing all around the ring, and have him jumping all overt their asses like a cornered wild cat. Arron is their to be KO'd. SRL has no defense. He just uses speed advantage to overwhelm opponents, and uses footwork to keep them from landing. But Floyd's footwork, range, footspeed, and size disadvantage, would have him moving waaaay faster in all areas. Floyd's defense, timing, and counterpunching makes him waaaay to complete for SRL. SRL has some good head movement, but once Floyd starts landing right hands, SRL would start abandoning his gameplan, and start trudging around the ring, flatfooted like he's looking for a KO. SRL is a GREAT fighter, with a much better legacy than Floyd's. But skillwise, we have to remember this is a WHOLE nother era with more complete fighters. SRL is from the older times, and I really dont see him being anything special compared to Floyd and Pac.
                    you're an idiot . plain and simple.

Comment

Originally posted by SkillspayBills View Post
                      I favor Floyd over any version of Duran. Your best bet is Thomas Hearns at 147. That's pretty much as bad a matchup for Floyd as it gets. He beats them all though. His ability to adjust to any style is one of a kind.

how can you speak of floyd so higly when you havent seen him fight the best? he shoulf of fought trinidad, forrest, wright, tzyu, mosley, cotto all in their primes i gurantee you he would not be undefeated.

Comment

Working...
                      X