Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Charr Denies Chisora: David Haye, I Challenge You!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
    Wlad is effective but very boring. I'd prefer if he learnd how to slip punches and counter, but I have the feeling he is still afraid to really get hit. The guy keeps winning though so kudo's to him.
    He is dodging punches with distance control and he is doing that very well.
    He hates to be hit. Many fighters would take one to give one, wlad is not one of them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Simurgh View Post
      He is dodging punches with distance control and he is doing that very well.
      He hates to be hit. Many fighters would take one to give one, wlad is not one of them.

You call it distance control, I call it running. The guy is boring because of this. He's got all the tools to be exciting and great, but he's afraid to take a hard punch. He wins though and thats the bottom line. Doesn't mean I have to enjoy watching him though. When all is said and done, boring or not, he'll be hovering around the top 10 ATG heavyweights if not inside of it. There is something to be said for consistency even if its not exciting.

Comment

• The Wladimir pre-sanders was actually very arrogant and sometimes entertaining fighter. It just irks me when K2 Fans and other suggest Haye was running, it was more-so a styles thing. Good fight though.

It's also why I feel that Wladimir would not be able to hold off a prime Tyson, Lewis was literally keeping Tyson off with uppercuts & Right hands. Something I don't think Wlad could do for an extended period of time.

This is the type of stuff I wish Wlad would do:

And I think that's what ultimately separates him from Lewis, That 'killer instinct'. Lewis could control distance well (via Tua) but also understood what was necessary and could execute it. He got great talent but I feel he still has nightmares about that laser left. Even after the Mccall and Rahman losses Lewis was still not afraid to risk.
        Last edited by damuttz112; 12-30-2012, 04:00 AM.

Comment

Actually I did, they're all paper titles. Only one man can be the true world champion and it isn't Vittles. If you disagree with this you have to recognize not only the WBC, WBA, IBF and WBO but the IBO, IBC, IBA, WAA, WBF and WFO. So I'll ask my question again.....in fact I'll rephrase it with the sarcasm it deserves.....how many worlds do you live in? If the answer is only one than there can only be one true champion of the world. This makes everyone else (at least in the top 10) JUST contenders, including Haye AND Vitty.
          Even if we did name the people with all those belts champion, at least we would be restricted to a certain number of champions, even if it is 10 or 12. If we did it your way, where belts mean nothing, anyone and everyone on earth could claim to be champion, because there wouldn't be any criteria anymore.

Haye can cry all he wants, but the fact is Vitali is a heavyweight world champion; Haye is not. Haye lost 2 fights ago by an 8 round margin; Vitali did not. Haye is an insignificant piece of d*ck cheese at heavyweight. He had his chance and failed miserably. People were happy when Gaye moved up because they thought they had found someone who can challenge the Klitschkos. But now there is a better challenger - David Price. Haye is irrelevant now.

Comment

• By the way JAB5239, don't respond to my latest post because I won't read it. I don't value your opinion. If I could have put you on ignore I would have done so by now.

Comment

• david haye would make easy work of charr,big ko

Comment

You call it distance control, I call it running. The guy is boring because of this. He's got all the tools to be exciting and great, but he's afraid to take a hard punch. He wins though and thats the bottom line. Doesn't mean I have to enjoy watching him though. When all is said and done, boring or not, he'll be hovering around the top 10 ATG heavyweights if not inside of it. There is something to be said for consistency even if its not exciting.
                I agree, good post.

He is not very exciting fighter but I still enjoy watching him. He is a big guy and very athletic and he is fast. I like it. He don't engage much when he can easily win and take guys out without taking punishment at all. In the recent three fights he did engage more. I think Wach fight was very good to watch. That 7 or 8th round was a beauty.

He does have both lateral and forward-backward movement. He is doing that very well and that's what I call distance control. He is able to dodge most of the punches with this.

He will probably finish his career with 70+-2 fights, and only 3,4 loss. That is very impressive in my opinion and he did beat some very good fighters in their primes.

If he beats future dominant HW champion there is a good case for him to be considered as top5.

Comment

• Originally posted by damuttz112 View Post
                  The Wladimir pre-sanders was actually very arrogant and sometimes entertaining fighter. It just irks me when K2 Fans and other suggest Haye was running, it was more-so a styles thing. Good fight though.

It's also why I feel that Wladimir would not be able to hold off a prime Tyson, Lewis was literally keeping Tyson off with uppercuts & Right hands. Something I don't think Wlad could do for an extended period of time.

This is the type of stuff I wish Wlad would do:

And I think that's what ultimately separates him from Lewis, That 'killer instinct'. Lewis could control distance well (via Tua) but also understood what was necessary and could execute it. He got great talent but I feel he still has nightmares about that laser left. Even after the Mccall and Rahman losses Lewis was still not afraid to risk.
                  Actually he did something very similar in recent Thomson fight. He put him down with fury of punches - just like Lennox did to Golota.

Lennox was more aggressive, but Wlad is much faster fighter. Wlad's chin is worse but he has a better defence.

For me they both have certain advantages over each other, but I find them equal. Emanuel gave very nice break down and found them equal as well.
                  Last edited by Simurgh; 12-30-2012, 05:07 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by HooksInYou View Post
                    By the way JAB5239, don't respond to my latest post because I won't read it. I don't value your opinion. If I could have put you on ignore I would have done so by now.
                    Its all good Joe McKenzie, I know how you roll. You will read this though and you've still ducked the question....again. Typical of your ilk though. When the only answer left renders your point moot......run away!
                    Last edited by JAB5239; 12-30-2012, 05:58 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Simurgh View Post
                      I agree, good post.

He is not very exciting fighter but I still enjoy watching him. He is a big guy and very athletic and he is fast. I like it. He don't engage much when he can easily win and take guys out without taking punishment at all. In the recent three fights he did engage more. I think Wach fight was very good to watch. That 7 or 8th round was a beauty.

He does have both lateral and forward-backward movement. He is doing that very well and that's what I call distance control. He is able to dodge most of the punches with this.

He will probably finish his career with 70+-2 fights, and only 3,4 loss. That is very impressive in my opinion and he did beat some very good fighters in their primes.

If he beats future dominant HW champion there is a good case for him to be considered as top5.
                      His losses may be to much to overcome to get him into the top 5, but I agree it depends on whether he can beat a future dominant champion and at what point he fights him/them. For instance..if he beat say Pulev later in 2013 and he was still inexperienced, I can't see giving credit for more than it was. Now if he beats a 25-0 Pulev who goes on to beat the best of his era....whole different story. Right now I rank him 16th all time. By the end of his career I expect him to be between 12 and 10 if he doesn't lose again. This is just my own personal forecast though.

Comment

Working...
                      X