Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How would these fighters do against Ali?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How would these fighters do against Ali?

Hi guys please give me some insight as to how you think the following would do against Ali, prime for prime.

At least one of them must be able to beat him!

1. Vitali Klitschko

2. Wladamir Klitschko

3. Joe Louis

4. Lennox Lewis

5. Mike Tyson

6. Evander Holyfield

7. Riddick Bowe

Ali on his very best day beats all of them IMO. However I can see Evander, Bowe and Lennox beating him at other times

Comment

Originally posted by RealDeal '86 View Post
      Ali on his very best day beats all of them IMO. However I can see Evander, Bowe and Lennox beating him at other times
      Agreed, but I see Tyson, Louis & Holyfield giving him the most trouble..
      Just some thoughts and opinions, but maybe.....

Tyson would be the faster Frazier
      Louis would be the harder punching Cooper
      And Holyfield would be a more intense version of Norton

Just a style 4 style thing, but I think he'd see off the bigger guys..
      Regarding the Klits & Lewis, I don't think it would take long for Ali to telegraph their punches..
      Bowe, on the other hand, would have a fast enough jab to contol Ali for some of the early rounds, but would tire as the chase went on..

Comment

Originally posted by Infern0 View Post
        Hi guys please give me some insight as to how you think the following would do against Ali, prime for prime.

1. Vitali Klitschko

2. Wladamir Klitschko

3. Joe Louis

4. Lennox Lewis

5. Mike Tyson

6. Evander Holyfield

7. Riddick Bowe
        Ali vs Wlad --- Ali KO8
        Ali vs Vitali --- Ali KO11
        Ali vs Louis --- Ali PTS15
        Ali vs Lewis --- Ali KO5
        Ali vs Tyson --- Ali PTS15
        Ali vs Holyfield -- Ali PTS15
        Ali vs Bowe --- Ali PTS15

all this talk about how "on his best night this or on his best night that" its rubbish.. Muhammad Ali was a Dancing Master with lightening fast hands who would find all the above fights quite easy compaired to fighting Frazier, Bonavena, Norton or Liston

Comment

Originally posted by mickey malone View Post
          Agreed, but I see Tyson, Louis & Holyfield giving him the most trouble..
          Just some thoughts and opinions, but maybe.....

Tyson would be the faster Frazier
          Louis would be the harder punching Cooper
          And Holyfield would be a more intense version of Norton

Just a style 4 style thing, but I think he'd see off the bigger guys..
          Regarding the Klits & Lewis, I don't think it would take long for Ali to telegraph their punches..
          Bowe, on the other hand, would have a fast enough jab to contol Ali for some of the early rounds, but would tire as the chase went on..
          Tyson was not a murderous body puncher like Frazier, Tyson did not "Bob-&-Weave" like Frazier.

Henry`s Hammer caught Clay square-on and floored him but he was up at the count of 3.. No man ever knocked out Muhammad Ali.

Holyfield never had a "Crab-Like style" Like Norton nor did he have a jab, big right hand attack like Norton.

The Klits and Lewis was similar in height to Ernie Terrell who Ali played with and punished for 15rds, Blue Lewis, Mac Foster & Joe Bugner all measured up to The Klits & Lewis .. yet Ali toyed with them.

Bowe had nothing in his arsenal that would bother Muhammad Ali.... Ali would dance & hurt Bowe

Comment

Originally posted by sonnyboyx2 View Post
            Ali vs Wlad --- Ali KO8
            Ali vs Vitali --- Ali KO11
            Ali vs Louis --- Ali PTS15
            Ali vs Lewis --- Ali KO5
            Ali vs Tyson --- Ali PTS15
            Ali vs Holyfield -- Ali PTS15
            Ali vs Bowe --- Ali PTS15

all this talk about how "on his best night this or on his best night that" its rubbish.. Muhammad Ali was a Dancing Master with lightening fast hands who would find all the above fights quite easy compaired to fighting Frazier, Bonavena, Norton or Liston

At their best, Bowe was a bigger version of Norton who could also fight on the inside. Tyson was faster and hit harder than Frazier, though I think he would fade against Ali. And Louis was greater than anyone Ali fought. That fight could go either way depending on who was more focused that night.

Comment

1. Vitali Klitschko

2. Wladamir Klitschko

3. Joe Louis

4. Lennox Lewis

5. Mike Tyson

6. Evander Holyfield

7. Riddick Bowe
              I personally think Ali beats them all, Ali at his best beats any heavyweight all time.

He wins relatively easy decisions against Wlad, Tyson, and Bowe.

He wins decisions in good fights against Lewis, Vitali, and Holyfield.

He KTFO of Joe Louis.

Comment

Originally posted by sonnyboyx2 View Post
                Tyson was not a murderous body puncher like Frazier, Tyson did not "Bob-&-Weave" like Frazier.

Henry`s Hammer caught Clay square-on and floored him but he was up at the count of 3.. No man ever knocked out Muhammad Ali.

Holyfield never had a "Crab-Like style" Like Norton nor did he have a jab, big right hand attack like Norton.

The Klits and Lewis was similar in height to Ernie Terrell who Ali played with and punished for 15rds, Blue Lewis, Mac Foster & Joe Bugner all measured up to The Klits & Lewis .. yet Ali toyed with them.

Bowe had nothing in his arsenal that would bother Muhammad Ali.... Ali would dance & hurt Bowe
                Tyson hit harder/faster than Frazier.. And, Oh yes, he did bob and weave!... You must be thinking of his 'after prison' career..

Holyfield had a big two handed attack, no crab, he didn't need it.. In general, a slightly tougher proposition than Norton..

If Henry's hammer caught him, that suggests Joe Louis's hammer may have caught him to..
                Cooper is quoted as saying, that he idolized Louis and tried to copy him..
                However, I doubt Louis would have been cut to shreds in the very next round..
                I'd fancy Louis to finish the job..

Other than that, we pretty much agree..
                Last edited by mickey malone; 10-16-2009, 05:26 AM.

Comment

1. Vitali Klitschko

2. Wladamir Klitschko

3. Joe Louis

4. Lennox Lewis

5. Mike Tyson

6. Evander Holyfield

7. Riddick Bowe
                  1. Vitali Klitschko - Ali wide UD

2. Wladamir Klitschko - Ali UD

3. Joe Louis - Ali UD

4. Lennox Lewis - Ali UD

5. Mike Tyson - Ali UD or late stoppage

6. Evander Holyfield - Ali UD

7. Riddick Bowe - Ali UD

All in all, I think any of these fighters have a great chance of beating Ali. Out of 10 fights, IMO all of these fighters beat Ali at least a few times. But Ali would get the better of them in the majority of the fights.
                  Last edited by Mersey; 10-16-2009, 05:53 AM.

Comment

i think both Tyson and Holyfield has a good chance. they both put on a very good preasure and are probably a little bit more accurate than Frazier

Comment

Working...
                    X