Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Floyd Fans: How do you explain Floyd constantly retiring to duck the best?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I dont know, Floyd has fought some pretty impressive opposition in his day. Prior to 07 this wouldnt even be a conversation for real. However, as of late, I agree that there is some reason he is not trying to fight Pacquiao. Hell, ill fight him for 25,000 and a bag of skittles to brighten my mood because Im sure Ill get slaughtered. Anyways, but that is the idea. You should wanna fight the best opposition possible and it sems he has another agenda. I fight as an amateur and Ill fight anyone. There are no big contracts( obviously) but its for lthe love. I understand the business aspect, but there is No Proof Whatsoever that can pinpoint Pac using PED'S. Furthermore, Pac agreed to all testing the second failed "negotiation" and still no response at all except I am on vacation. After a 19 month layoff? I would kill to have a vacation beyond a day. So, Floyd has got something goin on. Obviously, it has nothing to do with his legal dilemma because the fight was scrapped twice before it even came up. Dont get me wrong, I am a fan of Floyd, and I think he is too technically superior for Pac. Pac will definitely give all he can handle and more, and I love Pac too so there is no bias. Yet, as a fan, pugilist, and extreme lover of boxing, it is unquestionably the biggest fight in ages and the fact that it hasnt happened yet is depressing for us fans and the sport as a whole. Yeah its cool we have Martinez and Williams again, plus Bradley- Alexander, the Super Six, etc. But those events fall way short in comparasin to the magnitude of a Floyd- Pacman showdown. But.......HOW DO YOU TURN DOWN 40 MILLION DOLLARS?

Comment

Originally posted by TIP View Post
      They're in the minority.. there's a reason for that.
      and a very, very small one at that.

Who turns down the biggest payday of their career after they say the opponent is easy work and an easy fight? Who turns down the biggest pay day of their career after saying the opponent is just an ordinary one dimensional fighter?

Just one guy does. Then he goes on vacation and pretends not to care about boxing when that ordinary and one dimensional fighter is looking to fight. Then, after he turns that fight down and that ordinary and one dimensional fighter has another opponent lined up, he gets all tough and screams into a camera for his teen fan base and calls that ordinary and one dimensional fighter names and tries to ridicule his culture. After that, he tortures his family.

Wouldn't it have made more sense to fight an ordinary and one dimensional fighter for your biggest pay day ever instead of beating your ex in front of your kids and having to deal with the courts?

I don't know, I'm not a genius.

Comment

so Floyd retires knowing in a year or so those fighter will fade. just like he knew before hands the once he offered the OST Manny would reject and walk out of the negotiations

Floyd being a psychic I don't even know why he bothers with boxing he should just bet on sports or lottery and make his millions.
        Last edited by Phenom; 10-01-2010, 10:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Chingas View Post
          and a very, very small one at that.

Who turns down the biggest payday of their career after they say the opponent is easy work and an easy fight? Who turns down the biggest pay day of their career after saying the opponent is just an ordinary one dimensional fighter?

Just one guy does. Then he goes on vacation and pretends not to care about boxing when that ordinary and one dimensional fighter is looking to fight. Then, after he turns that fight down and that ordinary and one dimensional fighter has another opponent lined up, he gets all tough and screams into a camera for his teen fan base and calls that ordinary and one dimensional fighter names and tries to ridicule his culture. After that, he tortures his family.

Wouldn't it have made more sense to fight an ordinary and one dimensional fighter for your biggest pay day ever instead of beating your ex in front of your kids and having to deal with the courts?

I don't know, I'm not a genius.
          i pray *****s will open their eyes and accept what u just posted dude but but they are blind as bats and swallow anything just to suck on floyds nuts...

Comment

Originally posted by carts View Post
            i pray *****s will open their eyes and accept what u just posted dude but but they are blind as bats and swallow anything just to suck on floyds nuts...

are we going to act like it was Floyd who walked out of the negotiations filed a law suit and announce his next opponent the venue and ticket pricing within a week?

some of you Pacquiao fans are really special I understand why they call you *******s

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
              so Floyd retires knowing in a year or so those fighter will fade. just like he knew before hands the once he offered the OST Manny would reject and walk out of the negotiations

Floyd being a psychic I don't even know why he bothers with boxing he should just bet on sports or lottery and make his millions.
              He went into vacation then came back and fought guys he felt he can win due to either being 2-3 divisions below him or too old and out of his prime. Then he went back on vacation. So he doesn't have to know the future.

He just has to know when to go on vacation and that can be any time any day. ... and that can be helped when the opponent calls Floyd's bluff (eg. drug testing, catchweights)

By going on vacation every so often, it limits the number of opponents he must face plus it gives him that opportunity to say, I need a tune-up fight before I face that old guy that is past his prime.

Is it intentional? Only Floyd knows but it is very suspicious that he has been at WW since 2005. So you would think he would have faced all the WW that were out there. Not even close.

I think he is over protecting that "0". Floyd would have been better off if they would have given Castillo that win. If that would have happened, Floyd would have been less selective in his opponents.

Comment

are we going to act like it was Floyd who walked out of the negotiations filed a law suit and announce his next opponent the venue and ticket pricing within a week?

some of you Pacquiao fans are really special I understand why they call you *******s
                LOL. This is a question about Floyd and his history, not Pacquiao (Even though Pac agreeing to FULL testing=Floyd retirement/vacation, so why would 14 days=fight?)

Simple Question- why is it every time Floyd is confronted with an opponent that's perceived as a real threat (Winky Wright, Margarito, Cotto, Pacquiao, etc) he retires?

He's 'retired' on a few occasions. So I just want to know why...

Comment

lol we have a ***** here... i understand it hurts to face the truth dude.

Comment

Working...
                  X