Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How Would Roy Jones Do Against The ATGs In Their Primes? (No Haters/Huggers Please)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Would Roy Jones Do Against The ATGs In Their Primes? (No Haters/Huggers Please)

In Prime Roy Jones Versus In Prime:

Ezzard Charles
    Archie Moore
    Gene Tunney
    Bob Foster
    Michael Spinks
    Billy Conn
    John Henry Lewis
    Tommy Loughran
    Tommy Gibbons
    Maxie Rosenbloom
    Young Stribling

Your thoughts Gentlemen?

Poet

Originally posted by poet682006 View Post

Ezzard Charles
    Archie Moore
    Gene Tunney
    Bob Foster
    Michael Spinks
    Billy Conn
    John Henry Lewis
    Tommy Loughran
    Tommy Gibbons
    Maxie Rosenbloom
    Young Stribling

Your thoughts Gentlemen?

Poet
    I'd say the chin plays a big factor in this one..

And 4 out of the top 5 would find it, with Tunney being an evens fight..

I think he takes care of the others with Rosenbloom, Stribling and Conn taking him the distance..

Comment

Originally posted by mickey malone View Post
      I'd say the chin plays a big factor in this one..

And 4 out of the top 5 would find it, with Tunney being an evens fight..

I think he takes care of the others with Rosenbloom, Stribling and Conn taking him the distance..
      From what I've seen of Conn, he had a right hand that was almost as good as Louis'. You can see it in his fight against Louis actually. I have to think he would've caught up with Roy at some point. I agree with the rest though.

Comment

Ezzard Charles
        Archie Moore
        Gene Tunney
        Bob FosterMichael Spinks
        Billy Conn
        John Henry Lewis
        Tommy Loughran
        Tommy Gibbons
        Maxie Rosenbloom
        Young Stribling

Your thoughts Gentlemen?

Poet
        The guy with the punch to take Roy out has the best chance, in my opinion the guys in bold all have the punch and the skills to land it on a prime Roy. But bear in mind Roy could also emerge without getting knocked out, and he has the punch to put away nearly anyone too.

(The guys underlined I don't know much about)

Comment

Originally posted by geribeetus View Post
          From what I've seen of Conn, he had a right hand that was almost as good as Louis'. You can see it in his fight against Louis actually. I have to think he would've caught up with Roy at some point. I agree with the rest though.
          Billy Conn was a great fighter and I have much respect for him, but you got to be crazy if you think his right is comparable to Louis'.

Comment

I think his physical gifts would have been able to make him competitive against them all, win or lose.

Comment

Love Billy Conn, but not as versatile as RJJ..

Comment

I don't think Conn was ever known as puncher. A speed merchant yes, but not a puncher.

Poet

Comment

I don't think Conn was ever known as puncher. A speed merchant yes, but not a puncher.

Poet
                  I think a phrase once used about another fighter but would fit was he couldn't punch a hole in a pound of butter

Comment

Originally posted by GJC View Post
                    I think a phrase once used about another fighter but would fit was he couldn't punch a hole in a pound of butter
                    Lol.. Or 'could'nt knock the skin off a rice pudding' Tommy Loughran and Nicolino Locche come to mind..
                    More than made up for it with skill though..

Comment

Working...
                    X