No announcement yet.

David Tua puts Sparring Partner in Hospital

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• David Tua puts Sparring Partner in Hospital

A sparring partner of boxer David Tua sought hospital treatment this morning after a brutal session with Tua, the promoter of next month's Tua-Shane Cameron heavyweight contest said.

David Higgins told RadioLive Sport that Israel Garcia woke up this morning with "serious swellings inside of his head" and had to be taken to hospital where he was later discharged.

It is nothing life-threatening but obviously sparring can be quite brutal and a bit of damage was done, so he's going to take a few days to recuperate," Higgins said.

Garcia, a New York-based Puerto Rican, has a professional career record of 19 wins and three losses.

The Tua-Cameron fight, which has been touted as the biggest in New Zealand boxing history, is set to take at Mystery Creek near Hamilton on October 3.

- NZPA

Yeah there's already a thread on this dude. Who you got in this fight? I think Tua is gonna crush him.

Comment

Oh man I keep forgetting about this fight. This is gonna' be a nice treat weekend after next haha I got Tua

Comment

Tua by Brutal KO, Cameron has a glass chin and no defense

Comment

Working...
        X