No announcement yet.

Zach Thomas - First Ballot HoF'er?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zach Thomas - First Ballot HoF'er?

He's definitely going to the hall sometime... But is he first-ballot worthy?

IMO, and I may be biased (I am), but I say absolutely.

Derrick Brooks was a no-brainer first-ballot for most, and Zach Thomas has essentially IDENTICAL numbers to him, with like 40 games less played?

Here are Zach's numbers (Tackles, INTs, Sacks, Forced Fumbles): 1,720, 17, 20.5, 9. *4 touchdowns. (184 games played; 182 started). *7 time pro-bowler; 5 time first-team all-pro.

Brook's numbers (Tackles, INTs, Sacks, Forced Fumbles): 1,715, 25, 13.5, 11. *7 touchdowns. (224 games played; 221 started). *11 time pro-bowler; 5 time first-team all-pro.

Thomas was undersized at the position - far from the "prototypical 6'3'' 250" MLB'ers; he stood 5'11'' with boots, and weighed 225 soaking wet. But damn if he wasn't one of the hardest hitters.

Both of these guys had the privilege and benefit of playing on some of the best defenses the NFL has ever seen: The Dolphins defense in the late 90's through part of the early 2000's with cornerbacks Buckley, and Madison. Brock Marion at safety... Then Jason Taylor and Zach Thomas. One year they had THREE SHUTOUTS! Three times they prevented the opposing team from scoring any points.

And of course the legendary Bucks defense during the late 90's through early 2000's with John Lynch, Warren Sapp, Derrick Brooks, etc.

Both also had average to below average offenses.

Thomas led his team to the playoffs just about every year, but always as a 9-7/10-6 type team and mostly wild-card, and a few times AFC-east champs.

Of course Brooks led his team to the super bowl, and got the W....

But Super Bowls, as I've stated, are for TEAM effort, and TEAM success/greatness...

So, tell me why Thomas either should, or shouldn't be a first ballot HOF'er? Especially since Brooks was considered a shoo-in, and overwhelmingly was voted first-ballot this year 2014.

Pretty damn close.

What must have been rough...was his thunder being stolen by Urlacher and Lewis. But all of them insane backers.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Comment

Originally posted by RwK View Post
      Pretty damn close.

What must have been rough...was his thunder being stolen by Urlacher and Lewis. But all of them insane backers.
      Even when comparing Thomas's numbers to these two guys, they hold up. He has 500 more tackles than Urlacher.

Ray Lewis, IMO, is the best MLB since Dick Butkus, and Thomas's numbers aren't far behind his.

I think if Urlacher and Brooks are considered shoo-in first ballot HOF'ers, then Thomas should be.

Comment

absolutely. great linebacker in his prime. reminds me of a prime roided up brian cushing.

Comment

Working...
        X